classic "tv show not being added to library" problem
Hi Folks!
I'm banging my head against the wall with this one.. I have kodi running on a rpi4 now with a remote mysql database for the library and my sources on SMB. I also have a headless kodi set up in a docker to be notified when new files have been added in order to update the library. This all works great, except that some shows sometimes don't get picked up. 
I've suspected the headless instance to be working poorly so now I've been trying to get it to work on the rpi4, but with no luck.
For example, I have "Grey's Anatomy" in my shows folder but kodi refuses to update and add episodes to the library, it does show up fine in the files browser though. The shows source is set to smb://MICROSERVER/public/Serien/ 
I've tried to clean and update the library with no luck.
Here is the debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/vexesiviqe.kodi
I cannot find Grey's Anatomy in that log at all...
What are my next steps?
You are right, there is no mention of Grey's Anatomy, nor any other TV Show in that log. Are your Sources correctly setup? If we cannot see Sources in log, means Kodi cannot see them.

(2019-11-08, 17:08)godenderp Wrote: This all works great, except that some shows sometimes don't get picked up. 
Some shows? There are no valid shows in the log, just non-existent ones. Maybe you have the path set up incorrectly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-08, 21:10)Karellen Wrote: You are right, there is no mention of Grey's Anatomy, nor any other TV Show in that log. Are your Sources correctly setup? If we cannot see Sources in log, means Kodi cannot see them.
(2019-11-08, 17:08)godenderp Wrote: This all works great, except that some shows sometimes don't get picked up. 
Some shows? There are no valid shows in the log, just non-existent ones. Maybe you have the path set up incorrectly. 

I'm not sure how to show you that there are plenty of valid shows in the library and are continuously added as well, it's just that it doesn't work for some. The sources are correct and haven't been changed in literally years.
I thought I'd look at the debug log while listing the tv shows in the library and found some snippet that might prove it?

2019-11-08 20:38:23.251 T:2706387824   DEBUG: RunQuery took 292 ms for 3491 items query: select * from episode_view  WHERE ((episode_view.playCount IS NULL OR episode_view.playCount = 0))

So plenty of shows in there..
Ok, I'll follow your lead and accept there are shows in the library.

My next best guess is Item 1e here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-08, 23:54)Karellen Wrote: Ok, I'll follow your lead and accept there are shows in the library.

My next best guess is Item 1e here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

Thanks, that looks like it might be a good lead!
There are tons of tvshow.nfo files with the wrong url in a bunch of the shows (might even be the ones giving me grief)
I tried fixing the one for Grey's anatomy and refreshed it from the webinterface - ran another scan but still the episodes on disk are not added to the library.
(2019-11-09, 00:14)godenderp Wrote: I tried fixing the one for Grey's anatomy and refreshed it from the webinterface - ran another scan but still the episodes on disk are not added to the library.
Do you have the log for that?
Did you answer No to Refresh all episodes and Yes to Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from internet? That second question is a little bit quirky and many people answer No instead.
My Signature
Also, the TVDB is a bit flaky as they are updating their site. Other users are experiencing issues... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2898600
My Signature
(2019-11-09, 00:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 00:14)godenderp Wrote: I tried fixing the one for Grey's anatomy and refreshed it from the webinterface - ran another scan but still the episodes on disk are not added to the library.
Do you have the log for that?
Did you answer No to Refresh all episodes and Yes to Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from internet? That second question is a little bit quirky and many people answer No instead. 

I can probably grab the log for that, but I don't think I've seen the option "Locally stored information found" at all. FWIW I've navigated to the show on the web interface of the libreelec kodi instance and clicked on "more" and "refresh" "show only" and then get "Refreshing 'Grey's Anatomy' will remove it from the library then re-add it, so the ID may change. I'll attempt to reload this page with the new ID in a few seconds. Click 'YES' to confirm refresh".
It seems that's a different refresh than what you are talking about...
(2019-11-09, 00:46)godenderp Wrote: ut I don't think I've seen the option "Locally stored information found" at all. FWIW I've navigated to the show on the web interface of the libreelec kodi instance and clicked on "more" and "refresh" "show only" and then get "Refreshing 'Grey's Anatomy' will remove it from the library then re-add it, so the ID may change.
Sorry, but I don't use LibreELEC and it sounds like there is a difference in that basic function between it and Kodi. Maybe ask on the LibreELEC forum or you will need to wait until a LibreELEC user can respond here.

If you are comfortable opening the database, see which <episodeguide> URL is stored in the database in the tvshow table and this will confirm whether that Refresh is actually working (and even change it directly there)... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos
My Signature
(2019-11-09, 00:52)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 00:46)godenderp Wrote: ut I don't think I've seen the option "Locally stored information found" at all. FWIW I've navigated to the show on the web interface of the libreelec kodi instance and clicked on "more" and "refresh" "show only" and then get "Refreshing 'Grey's Anatomy' will remove it from the library then re-add it, so the ID may change.
Sorry, but I don't use LibreELEC and it sounds like there is a difference in that basic function between it and Kodi. Maybe ask on the LibreELEC forum or you will need to wait until a LibreELEC user can respond here.

If you are comfortable opening the database, see which <episodeguide> URL is stored in the database in the tvshow table and this will confirm whether that Refresh is actually working (and even change it directly there)... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos 
Ah no worries, I tried the same on the kodi webinterface on the headless linux instance with the same result Smile

I looked at the tvshow table and it seems all but one of my shows are using the old episodeguide url..  so the refresh didn't work. I'll try to update the url in there for Grey's anatomy and see if that fixes it, thanks
Which webinterface are you referring to? Is it Chorus2 or similar?

Sure, let me know the result after the manual DB fix.
My Signature
(2019-11-09, 01:02)Karellen Wrote: Which webinterface are you referring to? Is it Chorus2 or similar?

Sure, let me know the result after the manual DB fix.

Yep, it's Chorus, not sure if Chorus2? it says Chorus version18.x-2.4.6
Anyway, still no change after updating the episodeguide field in the mysql database Sad
it just won't scan the episodes in, and no mention of Grey's Anatomy in the logs still.
Thanks for all your help so far, btw!
Ok. So the wrong <episodeguide> is definitely the problem. But now you have a second problem. (Another guess) You have tried to scan that show so many times that Kodi/LibreELEC is now ignoring it as there are no changes to the file/folder structure since the last scan.

You need to force a change somehow. Move some episodes out of the tv show folder, run a clean library, put the episodes back and run an update library. Or move the whole tv show out of the source and perform the same steps.
My Signature
(2019-11-09, 01:25)Karellen Wrote: Ok. So the wrong <episodeguide> is definitely the problem. But now you have a second problem. (Another guess) You have tried to scan that show so many times that Kodi/LibreELEC is now ignoring it as there are no changes to the file/folder structure since the last scan.

You need to force a change somehow. Move some episodes out of the tv show folder, run a clean library, put the episodes back and run an update library. Or move the whole tv show out of the source and perform the same steps.

I've moved the show out, ran a clean, moved them back in, ran a scan, no change.. this is so weird!
Unfortunately I am out of guesses Sad

It is now up to the Debug Log which should point out the problem if you can somehow create the log to capture the scraping. With your LibreELEC and headless MySQL setup I cannot offer advice on how to do that.

Maybe @Klojum can as he has a similar setup?
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
classic "tv show not being added to library" problem0