Issue with 24 bit DTS files
(2019-11-19, 16:06)jjd-uk Wrote: Generate a debug Log_file (wiki) to see what's going on
Bah, blow looking at the log @black_eagle is a dev ninja now he can run in a debugger Smile
That comment was more aimed to the original poster Big Grin
(2019-11-19, 14:48)black_eagle Wrote: I'm currently listening to Dark Side of the Moon in DTS.  More accurately,

php:
General
Complete name                            : /media/sdd1/Dark side of the moon DTS/Track 4.wav
Format                                   : Wave
File size                                : 71.4 MiB
Duration                                 : 7 min 4 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
Overall bit rate                         : 1 411 kb/s
Writing application                      : gvfs-cdda using libcdio 0.83 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

Audio
Format                                   : DTS
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID                                 : 1
Duration                                 : 7 min 4 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 1 411.2 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 71.4 MiB (100%)

Kodi tells me it's 32bit audio. My 44.1/24 has gone up in bits and your 96/24 has come down !!  To be honest, as long as the stuff coming out of the speakers sounds good (and it really, really does !) then I'm not too bothered about the label being wrong.  I do appreciate that you'd like it to be right (and so would I) but there are probably more important things to fix.

I've not yet tried re-encapsulating any tracks into a different container to see if that makes a difference.
Hi,

Agreed. Sounds great. For me it's not only the labelling that's wrong. My receiver is not showing 96/24 unless I put the DTS file into an MKA container...

/M
What you have there is DTS-HD (MA) or DTS 96/24 and depending on where and how you reproduce it you may only play the DTS Core at 16/48khz. Instead of changing the container, try renaming it to .dtshd or whatever format it really is.
(2019-11-20, 01:19)HeresJohnny Wrote: What you have there is DTS-HD (MA) or DTS 96/24 and depending on where and how you reproduce it you may only play the DTS Core at 16/48khz. Instead of changing the container, try renaming it to .dtshd or whatever format it really is.

Hi,

So what would the correct name be for DTS 96/24? It's lossy DTS unfortunately.

/M
I think I have confused myself somehow. I have tested all morning and DTS, MKA and WAV do exactly the same when displayed on the receiver so Kodi is passing files through correctly. Sorry about that. The Aeon MQ 8 skin displays bitrate wrong for DTS and WAV files.

I finally found a way to encapsulate DTS in a WAV container so I now also have metadata for my songs and albums.

Took some effort but happy with this result. Now need to see if the bits flag can be changed in the Aeon skin :-)

/M

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with 24 bit DTS files0