• 9(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
I don't want to be that guy but please, y'all, RTFM Smile And in your case, @maryx, start with this.
(2019-12-15, 18:26)Varstahl Wrote: I don't want to be that guy but please, y'all, RTFM Smile And in your case, @maryx, start with this

I'm not an expert I hope you help me

this is the link to the log file
this
thanks !!!
I'm not sure, there's no connection errors that I can find, it's just a bunch of errors that can be explained with a change in Amazon's backend.

Quote: DEBUG: [Amazon VOD] Requested {}
NOTICE: [Amazon VOD] Version: 0.8.1
NOTICE: [Amazon VOD] Unicode filename support: False
NOTICE: [Amazon VOD] Locale: en-us / Language: it
 ERROR: [Amazon VOD] Watchlist link not found
 ERROR: [Amazon VOD] Unable to parse the navigation menu for primevideo.com

Do me a favour, open any browser, go to primevideo.com (while logged in), save the HTML file and upload it to a new issue on GitHub. I'll have to look at it. You can find the links in the first post.
(2019-12-15, 19:34)Varstahl Wrote: I'm not sure, there's no connection errors that I can find, it's just a bunch of errors that can be explained with a change in Amazon's backend.
Quote: DEBUG: [Amazon VOD] Requested {}
NOTICE: [Amazon VOD] Version: 0.8.1
NOTICE: [Amazon VOD] Unicode filename support: False
NOTICE: [Amazon VOD] Locale: en-us / Language: it
 ERROR: [Amazon VOD] Watchlist link not found
 ERROR: [Amazon VOD] Unable to parse the navigation menu for primevideo.com

Do me a favour, open any browser, go to primevideo.com (while logged in), save the HTML file and upload it to a new issue on GitHub. I'll have to look at it. You can find the links in the first post. 

ok i did as you told me. I hope it is correct.

please note
that I have kodi with libreelec on raspberry while the html file is with my pc.

thanks for your help!!!!
I get 1080p (15 Mbps bitrate) on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) via primevideo.com (from Brazil).

The only thing I miss is the ability to export movies and series directly through the add-on. I currently use OSMOSIS, but it would be great to have an option to export without it.

Thank you so much @Sandmann79 and @Varstahl. Please keep up the great work! Smile
Added "The Family Man" in the watched list. When I try to play from watched list, I am getting error message "You have not purchased this item" while same thing I can able to play from "TV Shows". What may be the reason?

When I click on movies, I am getting "Loading page 2 " message, there after it goes in infinite loop (mouse pointer is rotating continuously). I tried all option like refresh, reinstalling the addon but no luck. Please advise.
(2019-12-16, 05:02)DoctorBR Wrote: The only thing I miss is the ability to export movies and series directly through the add-on. I currently use OSMOSIS, but it would be great to have an option to export without it.

It's planned but it's difficult to manage new features while juggling both canary deployments fixes and real life. One day…

(2019-12-16, 08:20)vikassm73 Wrote: Added "The Family Man" in the watched list. When I try to play from watched list, I am getting error message "You have not purchased this item" while same thing I can able to play from "TV Shows". What may be the reason?

When I click on movies, I am getting "Loading page 2 " message, there after it goes in infinite loop (mouse pointer is rotating continuously). I tried all option like refresh, reinstalling the addon but no luck. Please advise.

There is absolutely no difference playing a video from one place or another, it's literally the same thing. "You have not purchased this item" is a generic error message, but in the case of PrimeVideo it's actually "This video is not available in your country". Several TV Shows have multiple entries in the catalog, maybe you put in the watchlist the wrong one? Or maybe you're trying to play a season which is not yet available in your country?

Also, the page loading is not "infinite", it just loads all catalog pages in one go, caching as much data as it can, to better sort what it finds. The first time it encounters new content it's going to take more time due to active caching, just give it a little time.
(2019-12-15, 17:51)Varstahl Wrote: Netflix is a case in and of itself, it's a customer friendly platform and their decisions aim to not impact their customers negatively.

In the addon settings there's an "Android" playback method specified, that can allow you to bypass some of the restrictions and to watch videos at higher resolution. I'm not 100% sure, but on Android you should be able to playback 1080p natively on Kodi just by setting "Override HDCP" inside InputStream.Adaptive settings. There's a shortcut to IS.A settings inside AVOD settings, if that's more convenient.

Also, by hardware limitation I didn't mean "hardware power and capability", more likely "hardware on which the use of the Prime Video platform may or may not be restricted". See limitations and android playback method in the readme for more information.

Netflix is no so friendly for 3rd party access... it does not allow hw decoding, so some devices are not strong enough to play 4k or even 1080p.

Regarding to Amazon... I'm on S905 device, Coreelec. I tried all your suggestions, but still 960x540 is max I'm able to get... shame
(2019-12-16, 15:08)Varstahl Wrote:
(2019-12-16, 05:02)DoctorBR Wrote: The only thing I miss is the ability to export movies and series directly through the add-on. I currently use OSMOSIS, but it would be great to have an option to export without it.

It's planned but it's difficult to manage new features while juggling both canary deployments fixes and real life. One day…
(2019-12-16, 08:20)vikassm73 Wrote: Added "The Family Man" in the watched list. When I try to play from watched list, I am getting error message "You have not purchased this item" while same thing I can able to play from "TV Shows". What may be the reason?

There is absolutely no difference playing a video from one place or another, it's literally the same thing. "You have not purchased this item" is a generic error message, but in the case of PrimeVideo it's actually "This video is not available in your country". Several TV Shows have multiple entries in the catalog, maybe you put in the watchlist the wrong one? Or maybe you're trying to play a season which is not yet available in your country?

Also, the page loading is not "infinite", it just loads all catalog pages in one go, caching as much data as it can, to better sort what it finds. The first time it encounters new content it's going to take more time due to active caching, just give it a little time.  
I don't know what is an issue with Watchlist. But now I have removed and added it again in the Watchlist. Now I can able to see 2 listings of the same show, out of that one is working.
       In case of movies, I waited for 10 minutes. I know it is not a long list as it just show a folder name which does not take more than a minute even for a first time. Also, if processing is going on, It gives a message like “Loading page 3”..4,5 and so on. Which does not happen in my case.

Yesterday, I tried again and got a list within minute. So I don't know what may be the problem getting movie list but got solved now.
what is this new option: "use application for 4K"?
is it working?
If I understood it correctly, it's a default fallback (useful for exported items) so that under Android the playback uses a native application to allow 4k streams. It should have been already working from the app with the proper configuration, but I guess he added it for some instances where exporting the 4k stream wasn't correctly using the native android app.
I´ve been using this addon for the last week in my new RPi4, it works like a charm (only missing library export) but there is an issue that annoys me: everytime I play a video it always sets audio channel to german (the first one in the audio list) and I have to change manually to english. It is a silly thing but I would like the addon to remember my settings... I don't know if it is an addon bug or if there is something I can do to solve it.

Thanks for the hard work!
It's not an addon bug, it's one of the two:
  1. you have chosen Manual Selection in InputStream.Adaptive settings
  2. you didn't properly configure Kodi. Settings > Player > Language, more info here. The link is specific to subtitles but in the same place you also find audio language settings.
(2019-12-18, 18:07)Varstahl Wrote: It's not an addon bug, it's one of the two:
  1. you have chosen Manual Selection in InputStream.Adaptive settings
  2. you didn't properly configure Kodi. Settings > Player > Language, more info here. The link is specific to subtitles but in the same place you also find audio language settings.

Inputstream is set to auto.
In kodi>settings> language>preferred audio language I always use "original language" so I get the original one no matter what it is: english, french, spanish... If I do so, amazon addon always starts in german (audio track #1).
If I change that setting to "content prefefined" ( maybe title is not this one exactly because my UI is in spanish), the addon behaves the same.
If I change that setting to a defined language, e.g. english, addon starts in that language but this is not a useful solution because if it is a french movie it will use english audio, the same as if it is a spanish one... I don't know if I explained myself properly, or maybe I am missing another setting.

Thanks!
Ah ok, I see. In that case yeah, you're kind of fudged. The MPD returned by their servers doesn't have metadata to define the default or original language. They may return it earlier, which is a reason why I started developing the proxy service, but at the moment there is no way Kodi will be able to tell which is which. You're stuck with manual language selection for the foreseeable future.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2