• 30(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
Thanks for this plugin which has, ere now, been working fine on my Pi (Raspbian Busyer, Leia). And it still is, with one exception. Amazon are showing live Premier League football and while I can watch it, there's no sound. I've tried all 3 audio streams - nothing. I popped out of it to a different video, audio works fine. Back to the Palace game - silence. Now, granted, there's no crowd to listen to, but it would be nice to hear the commentary...
Does nothhig for me. Downloaded and installed as directed but no Amazon add on was installed. There were add-ons installed using the file (IMDB scraper or something similar). This was the file I downloaded and installed: repository.sandmann79.plugins-1.0.3-leia.zip. The only other file available was repository.sandmann79-py3.plugins-1.0.0-matrix.zip which I also installed with identical fruitless results. I surely must be missing something. Confused
Hi Guys,

Great addon and definately much needed as the original is constantly crashing on search for me at least.

I'm having issues playing anything on my Android box, it loads as if it's going to play (even showing the movie / tv show at the top right) then just loads then fails, the playback method is input, messed with the settings after reading up still the same.

Is there a tutorial on using the browser to playback? i have installed the script, just need to find out how to use it, do you click on a show then it pops up to "Play with browser" type of thing?

cheers guys

Graham
(2020-06-08, 22:46)Varstahl Wrote:  
(2020-05-31, 00:50)joie Wrote: The weirdest thing is that films do actually sound but now show. So, the film starts but just its sound while I still see Kodi interface saying it's waiting.

The only time I saw something similar happen is when you set "DRM override" or "Manual stream selection" in InputStream.Adaptive, and then problems come with the DRM. I'm not aware of other similar issues.
Which setting should I use then?
(2020-07-06, 17:08)joie Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 22:46)Varstahl Wrote:  
(2020-05-31, 00:50)joie Wrote: The weirdest thing is that films do actually sound but now show. So, the film starts but just its sound while I still see Kodi interface saying it's waiting.

The only time I saw something similar happen is when you set "DRM override" or "Manual stream selection" in InputStream.Adaptive, and then problems come with the DRM. I'm not aware of other similar issues.
Which setting should I use then?
Here are some of my settings, please forget about the Spanish language...:
Is it normal to only get 540p video streams?
I am using LibreElec on a raspberry pi 4, with the latest version of this add-on and the latest input stream adaptative.
I am almost having the same issue with Netflix, where I can watch some series at 1080p and others at a crappy 540p. With PrimeVideo, everything I try is 540p  Sad
(2020-07-11, 15:54)yomisma Wrote: Is it normal to only get 540p video streams?
I am using LibreElec on a raspberry pi 4, with the latest version of this add-on and the latest input stream adaptative.
I am almost having the same issue with Netflix, where I can watch some series at 1080p and others at a crappy 540p. With PrimeVideo, everything I try is 540p  Sad
Curious, exactly today I noticed that, too. In the last weeks I didn't care because afaik Amazon reduced generally the resolution since the beginning of the Corona pandemie.
I heard that higher resolutions need HDCP which cannot be provided via KODI. Is that correct? Does it affect all platforms? I'm using macOS Catalina.
I tought that I saw 1080p movies of Amazon via KODi, but may I dreamt and it was in the browser - cannot remember exactly.
(2020-07-11, 21:20)transeuropa Wrote:
Curious, exactly today I noticed that, too. In the last weeks I didn't care because afaik Amazon reduced generally the resolution since the beginning of the Corona pandemie.
I heard that higher resolutions need HDCP which cannot be provided via KODI. Is that correct? Does it affect all platforms? I'm using macOS Catalina.
I tought that I saw 1080p movies of Amazon via KODi, but may I dreamt and it was in the browser - cannot remember exactly.
Meanwhile I just read all the posts, threads and hints to this topic. It seems that for nearly all Amazon contents the DRM restriction Level is that high, that the 'InputStream' playback configuration of the Amazon VOD Plugin can only play streams up to 540p. An alternative - at least on macOS - is to configure the playback mode to "Browser" which simply will open the choosen movie in a browser window which allows to play at least 1080p.
(2020-07-12, 01:36)transeuropa Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 21:20)transeuropa Wrote:
Meanwhile I just read all the posts, threads and hints to this topic. It seems that for nearly all Amazon contents the DRM restriction Level is that high, that the 'InputStream' playback configuration of the Amazon VOD Plugin can only play streams up to 540p. An alternative - at least on macOS - is to configure the playback mode to "Browser" which simply will open the choosen movie in a browser window which allows to play at least 1080p.

Using Browser is not a really good option, you miss the 5.1 audio...
@Varstahl: finally, we have a Windows 10 App. Is it possibile to use that, like in Android, to bypass the resolution limits?
(2020-07-16, 12:32)Digimaster Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 01:36)transeuropa Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 21:20)transeuropa Wrote: Curious, exactly today I noticed that, too. In the last weeks I didn't care because afaik Amazon reduced generally the resolution since the beginning of the Corona pandemie.

Using Browser is not a really good option, you miss the 5.1 audio...
@Varstahl: finally, we have a Windows 10 App. Is it possibile to use that, like in Android, to bypass the resolution limits?
Using Android,I can play only 480-540 movies. How do you play the 1080 videos even at 480 or 540? 1080 movies won't open for me. This is on Kodi Leia.
Oof, I didn't receive notifications again, this is going to take a while, and sorry for the late answers.

(2020-06-14, 12:21)wings188 Wrote: Hello, where can I find the stable repo for this addon? I only see the nighly repo listed here and everywhere that I've looked for it.

The nightly are stable-ish. We didn't submit the addon to the official Kodi repos because I planned to fix a few issues for visually impaired users before it, but between work and COVID it's taking me forever.

(2020-06-24, 12:04)azumukupoe Wrote: Is the update related to this plugin?

Yes and no. It works while sharing from the PV app onto Kodi, while using Amazon VOD to playback, but there currently is an issue with season episodes. I'm not managing the issue personally, but you can find more information on the GitHub issue.

(2020-06-24, 16:32)calibos Wrote: Found the View ID's for my preffered view types in my preffered SKin Aeon Nox Silvio but when I set those view ID's in the 'View' Tab of the Amazon VOD Add-on, they don't stick....although now confusingly, the default isn't showcase anymore, its Right List which is fine except I also what TriPanel for the Episode list but thats stuck/reverts back to Rightlist now. All very confusing. There is something wrong with the Custom View engine in the VOD Add-on.

I'm not aware of any issues with the custom view, are you sure it's not an off by one error? Like, if you think the ID is 102 have you tried 101 or 103? If you think there's an issue, open a new one on GitHub, so that we may investigate it.

(2020-06-28, 03:29)shaktoo Wrote: The Issue with this is that as playback opens in an external browser fullscreen window the remote control options are limited and I am unable to close the browser window (unless i do ALT+F4)

I don't care enough for it, so I'm still using IS.A for everything, so I can't really help you there.

(2020-06-29, 21:26)TomJ Wrote: Thanks for this plugin which has, ere now, been working fine on my Pi (Raspbian Busyer, Leia). And it still is, with one exception. Amazon are showing live Premier League football and while I can watch it, there's no sound. I've tried all 3 audio streams - nothing. I popped out of it to a different video, audio works fine. Back to the Palace game - silence. Now, granted, there's no crowd to listen to, but it would be nice to hear the commentary...

I can't be 100% sure, but this sounds like an audio decoder issue. If you manage to stumble into this problem again enable verbose logging, start the playback of the live again, then post it on GitHub. I'm fairly sure we can't do anything about it, but investigating it can't hurt.

(2020-06-30, 01:47)bigmeltie Wrote: Does nothhig for me. Downloaded and installed as directed but no Amazon add on was installed. There were add-ons installed using the file (IMDB scraper or something similar). This was the file I downloaded and installed: repository.sandmann79.plugins-1.0.3-leia.zip. The only other file available was repository.sandmann79-py3.plugins-1.0.0-matrix.zip which I also installed with identical fruitless results. I surely must be missing something. Confused

Once you installed the repo you can install the addon "Amazon VOD", which you can find in the addon list of the repo, which is different from the official repos. If you're using Kodi 18 you should use the -leia repo, if you're using Kodi 19 you should use the -matrix repo. DON'T MIX AND MATCH, 'cause that will result in a dependency mess you'll have to fix manually.

(2020-07-05, 23:19)graham23s Wrote: Is there a tutorial on using the browser to playback? i have installed the script, just need to find out how to use it, do you click on a show then it pops up to "Play with browser" type of thing?

Not really a guide, we just have a little paragraph describing the options.

(2020-07-06, 17:08)joie Wrote: Which setting should I use then?

In the InputStream.Adaptive settings you should disable DRM Override (unless you're in Android) and enable "Automatic stream selection".

Yes, sadly. It wasn't like this before, but Amazon and Google (in partnership) tightened the ship to reduce the bandwidth usage (and sell more Chromecasts/Firesticks). It's absolutely messed up, but can't do anything about it other than legal pirating.

(2020-07-12, 01:36)transeuropa Wrote: Meanwhile I just read all the posts, threads and hints to this topic. It seems that for nearly all Amazon contents the DRM restriction Level is that high, that the 'InputStream' playback configuration of the Amazon VOD Plugin can only play streams up to 540p. An alternative - at least on macOS - is to configure the playback mode to "Browser" which simply will open the choosen movie in a browser window which allows to play at least 1080p.

Correct. For full playback it needs at least HDCP, which Kodi will most likely never be certified for, or VMP which Google will DEFINITELY never certify Kodi for. Certified browser is the only way to watch that content.

(2020-07-16, 12:32)Digimaster Wrote: @Varstahl: finally, we have a Windows 10 App. Is it possibile to use that, like in Android, to bypass the resolution limits?

Don't know yet, it's plausible. To be true I didn't even know there was a win10 app. The best way to remove this limitations would be to use another DRM system, we kind of talked with peak3d about it, but then we both got busy and due to my inability to provide some assets the project went nowhere. It might be worth taking a look, though.

(2020-07-28, 18:50)rocko Wrote: Using Android,I can play only 480-540 movies. How do you play the 1080 videos even at 480 or 540? 1080 movies won't open for me. This is on Kodi Leia.

Depends on the Android device. If it's "certifiable" so to speak, you can go in the InputStream.Adaptive settings and enable "Override HDCP status". This works for most android devices such as Chromecasts, Nvidia Shield and whatnot, allowing up to 4k playback. If it's a chinese box, it might not work, it depends.
(2020-08-01, 14:44)Varstahl Wrote:  
(2020-07-16, 12:32)Digimaster Wrote: @Varstahl: finally, we have a Windows 10 App. Is it possibile to use that, like in Android, to bypass the resolution limits?

Don't know yet, it's plausible. To be true I didn't even know there was a win10 app. The best way to remove this limitations would be to use another DRM system, we kind of talked with peak3d about it, but then we both got busy and due to my inability to provide some assets the project went nowhere. It might be worth taking a look, though.

Yeah, it would be fantastic! About using another DRM, some friends of mine and I would be eager to make "substantial" donations to eventually assist you to finalize this development: this plugin with 1080p playback in Windows 10 would be really the Holy Grail!
If our assertions are correct we could (possibly) reach even 4k with it, but it's a lot of assumptions for not a lot of evidence. We know it should work, but I couldn't investigate it more, so we're not certain it's feasible. Also, who's to say if Amazon would see that as a threat to their Firesticks sales and lock it up, it's more or less what they did with TV Series already, which were previously available in FHD. So, idk.

Also, this doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I'll be live on Twitch for some chilled streaming in about 30 minutes (9PM CEST), and for a few hours. If you want to drop comments or ask questions live, feel free to AMA.
(2020-08-02, 20:32)Varstahl Wrote: If our assertions are correct we could (possibly) reach even 4k with it, but it's a lot of assumptions for not a lot of evidence. We know it should work, but I couldn't investigate it more, so we're not certain it's feasible. Also, who's to say if Amazon would see that as a threat to their Firesticks sales and lock it up, it's more or less what they did with TV Series already, which were previously available in FHD. So, idk.

Firesticks are designed for a different kind of user, so I wouldn't worry too much about a possible Amazon reaction. I'm sure that being able to play 1080p/4K Amazon VOD on Kodi in Windows 10 would be a game changer for many people (as it already happens for Netflix). I hope that you can continue your development in this direction ASAP.
I am trying to use the Amazon VOD addon but whenever I play a video, the blue circle keeps on rolling and the video does not start. Anyone have any solution? The debug log is here
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2