• 38(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
Nevermind, I got it working with Chrome. It seems to have an issue with firefox, the window never appears and Kodi hangs until I kill the firefox.exe process.
This is a long shot but is there anyway we could combine audio from Inputstream with video from the browser? Since the browser can't play multichannel audio, and Inputstream can't play HD video.
Good question, but i think this would not be possible. The browser has its own integrated closed player.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Hi all...
Am I the only one that is seeing kids' programs listings only on the various sections?

All the other series/movies/programs seems to have vanished Sad
Any hints or suggestions?
Thank you all
Joe
Hi all.

If I want to troubleshoot login problems (currently throwing an error) on 0.9.0 on Leia 18.9, where do I find the addon specific logs? I know the Kodi one in %appdata%, but don't see the addon logs mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Edit: did a fresh install this morning and the login process correctly detected the 2-step auth prompt. Yesterday it threw a captcha and no OTP request. I never did find where the logs are; looked in the location from the OP, but nothing there.
Good afternoon,

I'm doing some tests with jsonRPC and the 'Files.GetDirectory' method and I noticed that when collecting items from any show, they come out of order.

For example, inside Kodi, the Mad Man show has 8 seasons and the first one appears at the top as Season 1, and the last one at the end as Season 8, ok, when I make the call via jsonRPC, the return does not follow this order, the the first element should be Season 1, but in fact, everything gets mixed up, the same thing happens with episodes, they are mixed within the season.

Does anyone know why this happened?
(2021-01-26, 16:58)kingkiller Wrote: I'm doing some tests with jsonRPC and the 'Files.GetDirectory' method and I noticed that when collecting items from any show, they come out of order.

For example, inside Kodi, the Mad Man show has 8 seasons and the first one appears at the top as Season 1, and the last one at the end as Season 8, ok, when I make the call via jsonRPC, the return does not follow this order, the the first element should be Season 1, but in fact, everything gets mixed up, the same thing happens with episodes, they are mixed within the season.

Not entirely sure I understood your question, but there's a high chance that the entries you're getting are as we get them from Amazon, while to display them in Kodi we use sorting.
(2021-01-26, 17:26)Varstahl Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 16:58)kingkiller Wrote: I'm doing some tests with jsonRPC and the 'Files.GetDirectory' method and I noticed that when collecting items from any show, they come out of order.

Not entirely sure I understood your question, but there's a high chance that the entries you're getting are as we get them from Amazon, while to display them in Kodi we use sorting.
I think you understand, but I'll send you two example images.

Here is the ordering in kodi, everything normal, following an order:
https://imgur.com/Uv3C163

Here is the return of jsonrpc, on the one hand, it is scrambled and on the other I ordered as an example.
https://imgur.com/BY1gvMO

This disorder occurs for episodes as well.
Is this behavior something that can be changed, like I can explicitly determine what is the first season or the first episode?
I researched to try to understand how lists work, but I couldn't find anything that would clarify me.

Thx.
I've never delved into RPC too much, but each episode and season have (at least on ListItem level) their season and episode entries set. Since they're numerical they can be easily sorted that way. I'm not familiar with it and do not have time to experiment on this atm, so I can't help you further, but if you have questions ask away.
(2021-01-26, 18:05)Varstahl Wrote: I've never delved into RPC too much, but each episode and season have (at least on ListItem level) their season and episode entries set. Since they're numerical they can be easily sorted that way. I'm not familiar with it and do not have time to experiment on this atm, so I can't help you further, but if you have questions ask away.

The question in itself is this, whether to impose the order or it comes directly from the mandatory streaming service OR if this is something that needs to be developed directly around jsonrpc.
As I started now to develop addons and research on xmbc, I was confused about, because each streming addon has a behavior in this aspect.

If I can understand how it works I would go there myself and try to change it, but I still don't get it kkkkkkk

thx
I don't think there's a hard and fast rule for this. Honestly I hated the way PrimeVideo provides content on its platform, which is why I started working on a Kodi addon to fit my needs. The data sent by the server is still semi-random, and even the scraping hits and misses, so there's no guarantee of continuity when getting data from Amazon servers.

The options I had then were two: get them all sorted by us, manually, before adding the data to the Kodi listing (and at times there are thousands of entries), or just let Kodi do its thing which is also customizable by the user. Obviously I let Kodi do its thing, so that users can reverse or play with sorting options.

So, depending on what you are doing there are multiple ways to go at it, it just depends on what do you need.
(2021-01-26, 21:57)Varstahl Wrote: I don't think there's a hard and fast rule for this. Honestly I hated the way PrimeVideo provides content on its platform, which is why I started working on a Kodi addon to fit my needs. The data sent by the server is still semi-random, and even the scraping hits and misses, so there's no guarantee of continuity when getting data from Amazon servers.

The options I had then were two: get them all sorted by us, manually, before adding the data to the Kodi listing (and at times there are thousands of entries), or just let Kodi do its thing which is also customizable by the user. Obviously I let Kodi do its thing, so that users can reverse or play with sorting options.

So, depending on what you are doing there are multiple ways to go at it, it just depends on what do you need.

Man, thanks for the conversation, I went to research better about the relationship between listitem and jsonrpc and I found a topic questioning about the possibility of returning more data via jsonrpc, and it was implemented, some tests and jsonrpc seems to return the episodes already with name and season, for other possible data that can be collected.

this is the current code, the project is a addon to integrate library using strm
python:

return json.loads(
        xbmc.executeJSONRPC(
            json.dumps({
                'jsonrpc': '2.0',
                "method": method,
                "params": {
                        'directory': directory,
                        'properties': [
                                        'season'        ,
                                        'title'         ,
                                        'file'          ,
                                        'imdbnumber'    ,
                                        'originaltitle' ,
                                        'year'          ,
                                        'episode'       ,
                                        ],
                    },
                'id': 1
            })
        )
    )
While on the subject, another thing that might help you especially with TV Shows, is the URL pattern.

Code:
URL: plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/<region>/<commands>
Command: browse/<path>/<GTIs>
GTIs: <TV Show GTI>/<Season GTI>/<Episode GTI>

You can use GTIs as I do, to diversify TV Shows instead of using titles. Two separate TV shows might be available for the same show, but for different regions, and if you don't treat them differently you're gonna overwrite or mix the seasons together.

Also, be mindful of the fact that at the moment you're getting the data only from PrimeVideo.com, so it might not work in Germany, Japan, UK & USA.
I don't know if I'm being just not seeing it or not, but is there anyway to access a "continue watching" / "watch next" section for TV shows like there is in the Prime Video app?

Thanks.
The sections are 1:1 with the PrimeVideo browser or app, except sorting in some areas, so yeah, there's a continue watching.

Be mindful of the fact that while we propagate the watched timers to PrimeVideo, we don't actively resync watched status every time, nor categories. The latter usually refresh only when the cache invalidates, about daily, or when manually triggered (right click on the listed folder > refresh).
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2