Noob Question - exclude inline extras
Hi

I use Plex with EMM to scrape movie trailers and have been getting on fine until recently

I've found that when I update my movie library it is creating titles for existing inline extras with -featurette -scene -deleted -short -behindthescenes -interview in the name
I've even been getting some files added as titles that are themselves trailers, meaning I now have some files called (moviename)-trailer-trailer

Can someone help point out where I'm going wrong?
I would recommend putting your extras in a subfolder of the movie with a distinctive name (i.e. "!extras").  You can then set Ember to ignore the the extras folder.  Other options would be to have ember ignore files under a certain size, or have it not scan folders recursively.
(2019-11-17, 22:03)PitViper401 Wrote: I would recommend putting your extras in a subfolder of the movie with a distinctive name (i.e. "!extras").  You can then set Ember to ignore the the extras folder.  Other options would be to have ember ignore files under a certain size, or have it not scan folders recursively.

Is that really the answer? Trailers can't exist in the same folder as other metadata?
I was expecting a more straightforward answer about how to filter titles when updating the library.
I have appx 4000 films, that would be no small piece of work, especially given that Plex naming requires them to either be in the same directory or in a subdirectory split by content type:
https://support.plex.tv/articles/local-f...nd-extras/
Ember support only one trailer per movie atm. Depending on your file name settings a trailer file will be recognized as "trailer" and not as movie file (usually "<filename>-trailer.ext").
Also depending on your source settings ("Movies are in separate folders") only one media file per folder will be added as movie.
To ignore files like "<filename>-behindthescenes.ext" you have to add this flags to the AdvancvedSettings.xml (per default only "-trailer" and "sample" will be ignored): Link
Thanks for the info!

My settings are currently set to single video per folder but I'm still getting multiple trailers scraped, I got 17 -trailer-trailer files created on my last scrape

Is this the sort of thing I'm looking for?

<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?interview|[^\w\s]\s?sample</Setting>
  <Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?featurette|[^\w\s]\s?sample</Setting>
  <Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?behindthescenes|[^\w\s]\s?sample</Setting>
  <Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?scene|[^\w\s]\s?sample</Setting>
  <Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?short|[^\w\s]\s?sample</Setting>
  <Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?deleted|[^\w\s]\s?sample</Setting>

Would this exclude films like Interview with the Vampire and Scene at the Sea or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
(2019-11-24, 20:56)rutskiuk Wrote: My settings are currently set to single video per folder but I'm still getting multiple trailers scraped, I got 17 -trailer-trailer files created on my last scrape
With "scraped" do you mean added to the DB as movie? Scraping means you get some information or additional file from a scraper.

(2019-11-24, 20:56)rutskiuk Wrote: Is this the sort of thing I'm looking for?
Yes, but you have to add it in a single node like:
xml:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?trailer|[^\w\s]\s?interview|[^\w\s]\s?featurette|[^\w\s]\s?behindthescenes|[^\w\s]\s?scene|[^\w\s]\s?short|[^\w\s]\s?deleted|[^\w\s]\s?sample</Setting>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob Question - exclude inline extras0