Widevine streaming video addon fails after a minute or so on Sony X95G
I am using this excellent video addon to stream my local sports channels on my Sony X95G.  https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/08/sky-s...dd-on.html.  They are protected by Widevine DRM (not sure if relevant or not).  The stream appears to work very well but a few video glitches are visible on occasion and after about a minute, the video goes blank and the audio stops a couple of seconds later.

Debug log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/locunecubo.kodi

The trouble starts on line #3385.

This addon appears to work fine from my Galaxy S10 as well as my desktop PC, so I am pretty sure it is related to my particular Sony TV (based on the Mediatek 5893).  I have had no problems playing any other videos on this TV until now, including Plex, Netflix, Youtube and non-DRM IPTV streams in Kodi itself.

I am using a fresh install of the Play Store version of Kodi (18.4).  I have also tried the latest nightly build to no avail (kodi-20191116-37f51f6e-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk).  

I was really hoping that this addon would work since my TV provider does not yet have an Android TV app.  My only other option is to cast from my phone, but for whatever reason it does not appear to play the 1080p stream when I do that.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Just an update on this if anyone cares....

I've noticed a few things since posting.
  1. I do in fact get video artifacts on my Galaxy S10 using the highest bitrate option. It doesn't give up completely like my Sony TV does, but clearly the phone is also battling to play the 8mbps 1080p50 stream (which is the best quality provided by my TV provider).
  2. My TV provider has an Android app (not Android TV).  Using this, the highest option they provide is 3mbps 720p25.   If I log into their website and stream from there on my phone, it's the same.  Logging in from a Windows PC, I have 1080p as an option.
Therefore, I've come to believe that the reason for limiting Android hardware to 720p25 is down to hardware compatibility issues, as evidenced by both my Android devices exhibiting problems when I bypass these limitations using the Kodi add-on.

tl;dr - I'm not going to be seeing 1080p streaming from my provider any time soon on my Sony TV, even if they do eventually make an official Android TV app.  This is a very disappointing outcome to say the least.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widevine streaming video addon fails after a minute or so on Sony X95G0