Req JSON-RPC Player.GetProperties add some details to properties audiostreams-subtitles
In the netflix add-on I have a problem to solve, and to do so i need your help.

I have already made this request on a generic post (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348395) but I have not received a reply,
so i propose it again with more detail, hoping for a solution.

The problem:
Netflix addon when sending in playback an episode video of a tvshow, checks if the user has saved a preferred language for audio or subtitle that tvshow
(The info saved are taken from RPC "Player.GetProperties" "currentaudiostream" "currentsubtitle" ),
so to now i read the index value saved for audio/subtitle streams and change it to the kodi player when play another episode.

it happens that, not all the episodes contain the same number of languages, some languages may be missing,
or in the case of audio stream that in some episode does not exist the track 5.1 but only 2.0

this causes inaffidability of the index value not to be the same for all episodes, and cause wrong selection via code of audio/subtitle language.

to change the language when a new episode is played i do this
so i call RPC "Player.GetProperties" with "audiostreams" "subtitles" properties
to get streams of current episode and i compare with the saved value, previoulsy taken by
(RPC "Player.GetProperties" "currentaudiostream" "currentsubtitle" ) of previous episode.

Here the problem when i call the RPC i get this: https://paste.kodi.tv/tohicebayi
In this example you can see that exist more GER or ENG language in "audiostreams"
is correct because there is more streams with different channels, but What are the tracks for impaired people? these are indistinguishable all is same...

in the case of "subtitles" there is more GER or ITA
becouse there are forced and normal streams, but What are the Forced tracks? these are indistinguishable all is same...

this is the problem, i do not understand how to distinguish these streams, there is no specified property!
when i select a language by code, the wrong language is selected due to the lack of these details
i can't distinguish these streams all is same ENG, ENG, ITA, ITA etc...
I can't rely on the index due to not all the episodes contain the same number of languages

is it possible to add these details in "audiostreams" and "subtitles" lists?
in subtitles like: index, name, language, FORCED=True/False
in audiostreams like: index, name, language,....etc , IMPAIRED=True/False
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have created a PR adding the missing property now just that someone approves it to me:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16976
if possible i would also like to do a backport on branch leia (that it would be more important)
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
You will probably find features wont be accepted as a backport. Stance has always been only bug fixes are accepted as backports, new features only go into master.
I tried to ask i will do without..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC Player.GetProperties add some details to properties audiostreams-subtitles0