LibreELEC 9.2.0 : projectM version 2.3.4.1 "freezing" requiring reboot
Bug 
https://github.com/projectM-visualizer/p...issues/295

Team Kodi released a slightly newer version of projectM a couple of days ago. Unfortunately , it looks like the ProjectM version 2.3.4.1 add-on for LibreELEC is still affected by the "rendering freeze after preset change" issue ( #243 ) as well as the presets folder structure issue.

While it is possible to replace the existing 
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.projectm/resources/projectM/presets
 with the new presets folder structure , visualizations only display for approximately 20 seconds before freezing.

ProjectM freezing seems to leave the Kodi interface completely unresponsive to any navigation input which then requires a full reboot of LibreELEC...
(2020-01-01, 16:02)BenderBRodriguez Wrote: https://github.com/projectM-visualizer/p...issues/295

Team Kodi released a slightly newer version of projectM a couple of days ago. Unfortunately , it looks like the ProjectM version 2.3.4.1 add-on for LibreELEC is still affected by the "rendering freeze after preset change" issue ( #243 ) as well as the presets folder structure issue.

While it is possible to replace the existing 
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.projectm/resources/projectM/presets
 with the new presets folder structure , visualizations only display for approximately 20 seconds before freezing.

ProjectM freezing seems to leave the Kodi interface completely unresponsive to any navigation input which then requires a full reboot of LibreELEC...
Anything new about the freezing bug?
Got the same problem here...
Is an addon-update in prospect?
Is there a previous, non-freezing version to fall back on that will load in LE?  Would be great to learn how to install zip file DLs direct from github.
Yes, having the same issue.
Also with the previous version inside the LibreElec repo, 2.3.2.1

I thought it had something to do with the one-thread bug but it still freezes when changing a preset with this 2.3.4.1 version.
I didn't see any issue on the github page, I'll make one right now.
ProjectM git @
(2020-01-20, 19:08)jasn Wrote: Is there a previous, non-freezing version to fall back on that will load in LE?  Would be great to learn how to install zip file DLs direct from github.
I used an old LE back-up from October '19 to go back to projectM Ver 2.2.0..  It has it's quirks, what with too many "white screens", but it's not freezing either.  No plans to update anything for the foreseeable future that looks remotely capable of crashing this setup.

All with the best of intentions no doubt, but it's exhausting to continually discover and, if lucky enough, fix add-on breakdowns when something else in the LE/Kodi world upgrades. [/rantoff]

The projectM folks at github are a great bunch, BTW.  Happy to see them working hard and being responsive.
(2020-01-29, 17:04)jasn Wrote:
(2020-01-20, 19:08)jasn Wrote: Is there a previous, non-freezing version to fall back on that will load in LE?  Would be great to learn how to install zip file DLs direct from github.
I used an old LE back-up from October '19 to go back to projectM Ver 2.2.0..  It has it's quirks, what with too many "white screens", but it's not freezing either.  No plans to update anything for the foreseeable future that looks remotely capable of crashing this setup.
Do you mind providing a downloadable link to the addon zip v2.2.0 file?
Help would be highly appreciated since I am also desperate waiting for a bugfix since November -Thanks
(2020-01-29, 21:36)Phrunk Wrote:
(2020-01-29, 17:04)jasn Wrote:
Do you mind providing a downloadable link to the addon zip v2.2.0 file?
Help would be highly appreciated since I am also desperate waiting for a bugfix since November -Thanks 
Sorry @Phrunk, but I've used one of my personal, full-set LibreElec backups from last year.  Perhaps you have one of your own you can fall back to?  Just be sure to have Auto-Update turned off.

BTW, I tried replacing the current version with v2.2.0 files (in both the Add On and Userdata folders) but could not get it to work.  Pesky Kodi would keep over-writing the data files with the latest version.
There is a new version here Git projectm Leia 2.3.5

But i'm not able to build it for my generic Leia Kodi, sooooo Angel
(2020-02-28, 11:58)Boronsbruder Wrote: There is a new version here Git projectm Leia 2.3.5

Now there is projectm 2.3.5.1 in repo, but there is no stucture update and it is still freezing here
(2020-02-29, 21:37)Boronsbruder Wrote:
(2020-02-28, 11:58)Boronsbruder Wrote: There is a new version here Git projectm Leia 2.3.5

Now there is projectm 2.3.5.1 in repo, but there is no stucture update and it is still freezing here    

ProjectM Visualization Add-On version 2.2.0.4 for LibreELEC 9.2.0 ( Linux 64bit ) :

https://send.firefox.com/download/8d1daa...70d-fV7wQA

Code:
MD5 Checksum = 2e45dacaa7e4c020a5d27d8a909b3066

Note that this is the most recent stable "version" which does not rely on the new presets folder structure.
Thank you @BenderBRodriguez.  Apologies for my asking... but have you been running this on LibreElec and not experiencing freezes?
(2020-02-29, 23:04)jasn Wrote: Thank you @BenderBRodriguez.  Apologies for my asking... but have you been running this on LibreElec and not experiencing freezes?

I have not experienced any freezing issues with the 2.2.0.4 version of the add-on.

If you have a newer version of the ProjectM add-on currently installed , I would recommend first Uninstalling ( and removing any existing settings / files ).

Also -- note that immediately after installing version 2.2.0.4 of the add-on , you should display the add-on Info settings ( typically by pressing the "I" key ) and then ensure that Auto-update has been disabled.
Many Thx @BenderBRodriguez for providing this version!

Runs fine here!
Newest Ver 2.3.5.3 on LibreElec Repo apparently fixes this problem? [Fingers crossed Yes.  Fixed it!]

https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.pr...-612485420

(1405 views to this thread at the time I posted this.  I'm curious to know how many others are interested)
(2020-04-14, 17:00)jasn Wrote: Newest Ver 2.3.5.3 on LibreElec Repo apparently fixes this problem? [Fingers crossed]

https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.pr...-612485420

(1405 views to this thread at the time I posted this.  I'm curious to know how many others are interested)

Running fine here atm, too!
Thx jasn for the news!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC 9.2.0 : projectM version 2.3.4.1 "freezing" requiring reboot1