Linux SSL problem when connecting to mirrors.kodi.tv
Linux -  self compiled distro called sinux
OpenSSL 1.0.2t  10 Sep 2019
curl 7.67.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.67.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2t zlib/1.2.8 libidn2/2.3.0

I have a clear installation of kodi 18.5. When trying to install any addon (youtube for example), got error (full log kodi.log)

DEBUG: Curl::Debug - TEXT: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
DEBUG: Curl::Debug - TEXT: Closing connection 1
ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)
ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/plug...-6.5.2.zip:
ERROR: Could not fetch addon location and hash from https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/plug...-6.5.2.zip
ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to resolve addon install source path

I tried everything from this thread and everything looks good. OpenSSL finds certificate which is /usr/ssl/cacert.pem.
Even when I copied it into ~/.kodi/ and /opt/xbmc/share/kodi/system/certs/cacert.pem this errors prevails. 
I tried also to run with PATH=$PATH:/opt/X11/bin SSL_CERT_FILE=/usr/ssl/cacert.pem /opt/xbmc/bin/kodi --debug
To be honest. You don't have a kodi problem, but one with your base system installation.

If you were on Ubuntu (yes, you are not):
Quote:sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

and done. I wish you luck.

Any reason for this selfmade pain? Making something secure and then copying local crt / pem files around makes zero sense.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-01-04, 15:52)fritsch Wrote: To be honest. You don't have a kodi problem, but one with your base system installation.

If you were on Ubuntu (yes, you are not):
Quote:sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

and done. I wish you luck.

Any reason for this selfmade pain? Making something secure and then copying local crt / pem files around makes zero sense.  
Thanks a lot for your help. It made me change curl installation and now it works. 
Any reason for this selfmade pain? - I just like the things made by myself is the first reason. There are a lots more but I don't want to argue about them. Thank a lot one more time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSL problem when connecting to mirrors.kodi.tv0