How can I add all the metadata to the video container?
Hi All, 

First post here. So I have just installed Tiny Media Manager and trying to learn the interface etc. I have just tried scrapping my first video file, but I noticed that all the metadata has been added as separate files. So I have the video file, a bunch of JPG and the .nfo file. Is there a way to add this directly to the container of the video file, so for example if my video file was .mkv I could add it to there, rather than having all these separate files. ?

If the answer is no, then all my video files are in one great big folder, so I would need separate sub folders for each movie. Is there a quick way to do this?

Thank you
Take a look at Media-Buddy. I think it does what you are asking for.

I am not sure if Kodi will read that data though.
(2020-01-12, 16:44)mcoliver88 Wrote: Hi All, 

First post here. So I have just installed Tiny Media Manager and trying to learn the interface etc. I have just tried scrapping my first video file, but I noticed that all the metadata has been added as separate files. So I have the video file, a bunch of JPG and the .nfo file. Is there a way to add this directly to the container of the video file, so for example if my video file was .mkv I could add it to there, rather than having all these separate files. ?

If the answer is no, then all my video files are in one great big folder, so I would need separate sub folders for each movie. Is there a quick way to do this?

Thank you

There is very limited functionality with embedded metadata, if you are using Kodi. Have a look here for more information https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_file_tagging

File2Folder can help you create and move your video files into individual folders. 
     Guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19707/qu...d-folders/
     Download Link: https://code.google.com/archive/p/file2f.../downloads
No, TMM does not alter your video files at any cost, thus not adding metadata to .MKV

TMM has a renamer function, which creates one movie per folder as default.
Play around in the settings for various customisations....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-01-12, 16:44)mcoliver88 Wrote: Hi All, 

Thank you

Just for you to know, I have 5000 movies into the same folder, all with their correspond .nfo & .jpg files, and I have no problem at all with Kodi, Infuse or Plex.

If you wan to move your movies to a specific folder for each movie, you can do it with TMM.  Just put:
*  In folder name:  ${title} (${year})
*  In File name:  Leave it empty, so it doesn't rename the files

Anyway, as I said, it is not neccesary to move all your movies to specific folder for each movie.

Regards,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I add all the metadata to the video container?0