Using paste.kodi.tv
While i perfectly understand why the use of paste.kodi.tv is necessary, I am having difficulty understanding how to use it.

When I access https://paste.kodi.tv/  I get an essentially blank screen.  I found and clicked on a "new" button (in the upper right corner of the screen), which gave me a ">" on the left side of the screen.  I have no idea what do next to upload a log file.  Is there a place to go for instructions?  Am I missing something?

The log files are produced on a Raspberry Pi, and scp is used to copy them to my desktop machine.  I then access paste.kodi.tv from the desktop machine.  I tried "drag and drop", and that did nothing.

Any help/pointers will be most appreciated!
it's is a "paste" website, so if you want to upload log files or other text snippets, you simply paste your copied text (CTRL-V, or via the mouse context menu), and then you click on the diskette/save button. After that you can copy the newly generated URL and use it wherever necessary.

Don't overthink it Smile
Or just use the log uploader addon from the official repo, which will do it all for you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-13, 19:29)Klojum Wrote: it's is a "paste" website, so if you want to upload log files or other text snippets, you simply paste your copied text (CTRL-V, or via the mouse context menu), and then you click on the diskette/save button. After that you can copy the newly generated URL and use it wherever necessary.

Don't overthink it Smile

Sounds painful.  If I can copy 24 lines at a time (standard "vi" screen), 327 lines will take 14 copy-paste operations.  (The log in question was in LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi, and I had to access it remotely.)   I will try to use the suggestion of DarrenHill, first.
Why can't you just open the log on your desktop machine in a suitable text editor and copy/paste the whole lot from there?

In any case you'll find the log uploader add-on in the official repo under program addons. Run that and it will upload for you and provide a URL. That URL is what you need to provide here so we can access the log.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Further to the above point of using your desktop/laptop (if you have one) then the File Manager can be used to copy the log file across your network see https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access
OK, I don't remember what I had this repository for but it was turned off, I'm uploading the file again
https://paste.kodi.tv/woyoletefo.kodi
(2022-07-07, 21:30)arekfoxik Wrote: I'm uploading the file again

Are you sure you are in the correct forum section? This thread is over 2 years old since the previous posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using paste.kodi.tv0