Solved Can video player be made to play shuffled video the way music player does?
I have almost completely finished my transition from the previous media player I used for years (Popcorn Hour) to a Kodi based one (under CoreELEC), and it's almost perfect except for one important difference: where in my old player it was as easy to either randomly shuffle my music, or randomly shuffle my videos (e.g., hundreds of episodes of a cartoon series), under Kodi I only managed to achieve this for music - where I only need to press "P" on the music folder. For movies, the process is much more labouros (press "C" to create a list, then go to the list, then switch the list to shuffle play, then play, then delete the list when done), especially when one doesn't have a full keyboard (I'm using a Harmony remote). I don't see why the Kodi's video player can't be made to behave exactly as the Kodi's music player - simply press "P" on the folder with videos (first enable "shuffle" somewhere), and off you go.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this? I am totally open to try some Kodi hacking if needed.

I am using the current (18.5) Kodi.

Thanks!
I actually found the solution. I discovered that the Kodi addon Keymap Editor allows one to create a key shortcut to function "Random shuffle Toggle". I programmed my Harmony remote to execute this function when pressing a certain button, and then tested it in Music section (it properly enabled/disabled music shuffle). Then I tested it in Video section, and even though the Video player has no icon indicating shuffle, pressing the shuffle button on the remote did switch folder play to a "shuffled folder play". I can now point at any folder, press "P", and a shuffled playback of the whole folder (including subfolders if present) starts. Problem solved!
Interesting I didn't know that toggle shuffle worked for videos, I'll take a look at Estuary skin to see if something can be added.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can video player be made to play shuffled video the way music player does?0