• 3(current)
Beta Sling
(2020-01-23, 07:11)hackthis02 Wrote: I'm getting an issue with GetDirectory.
Log link removed

The python library is trying to verify you have a secure connection and is unable to get a valid (trusted) SSL certificate, "CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED." This usually happens when there is something capturing traffic and is spoofing the certificate. Is this happening on all devices or are you indeed doing some traffic capture?

Edit: I did just try the addon and am getting valid responses on my android phone.

Edit #2: Looking at the log again you have the following...
  • EMBY -> LINE 304: EMBY.views -> Unable to retrieve libraries: NotConnected
  • LibreELEC -> LINE 338: URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)>
  • Sling -> LINE 348: (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)'),))
  • EMBY Again -> LINE 646: ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)
Seems this isn't limited to Sling, so yeah I would double check the internet connection and make sure there is no MITM attacks (traffic capture)
(2020-01-23, 13:13)d21spike Wrote:
Log link removed

The python library is trying to verify you have a secure connection and is unable to get a valid (trusted) SSL certificate, "CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED." This usually happens when there is something capturing traffic and is spoofing the certificate. Is this happening on all devices or are you indeed doing some traffic capture?

Edit: I did just try the addon and am getting valid responses on my android phone.

• LibreELEC -> LINE 338: URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)>
  • Sling -> LINE 348: (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)'),))
  • EMBY Again -> LINE 646: ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)
Seems this isn't limited to Sling, so yeah I would double check the internet connection and make sure there is no MITM attacks (traffic capture)      

Thanks. It was a DNS issue. The only problem now is when I go to any new screen, it re-asks for my username/password. I had this issue with the old Sling add-on and my solution was to just re-image my pi. Log link removed
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
Not sure if this fits here or with Kodi in general but the Sling app within Kodi buffers a lot with the circle counting, disappearing, and then reappearing, counting again. Eventually the stream will return and continue for a while normally. I can go back to the Sling Windows 10 app outside of Kodi and it works without buffering. It seems especially bad with the new addon.  Does anyone else experience this? I have 3 machines and all are affected.
(2020-01-23, 16:28)hackthis02 Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 13:13)d21spike Wrote:
Log link removed

Thanks. It was a DNS issue. The only problem now is when I go to any new screen, it re-asks for my username/password. I had this issue with the old Sling add-on and my solution was to just re-image my pi. Log link removed
DNS makes sense. As for the username/password, once entered it should be stored inside the add-on settings file. You can try to enter it manually via add-on settings and see if that helps.

(2020-01-24, 22:09)bds3151 Wrote: Not sure if this fits here or with Kodi in general but the Sling app within Kodi buffers a lot with the circle counting, disappearing, and then reappearing, counting again. Eventually the stream will return and continue for a while normally. I can go back to the Sling Windows 10 app outside of Kodi and it works without buffering. It seems especially bad with the new addon.  Does anyone else experience this? I have 3 machines and all are affected.
Buffering is what you are referring to. Once the add-on gets the stream url it hands it off to Inputstream Adaptive (automatically installed with the add-on if it wasn't before.) Each stream has multiple levels of quality, usually Inputstream Adaptive is pretty good at determining the best one for your connection speeds but if it isn't doing so then via settings for inputstream adaptive you can change "Stream Selection" from "Auto" to "Manual". Then once a stream starts, it will be at the lowest quality. From there you can bring up a menu, video options, and choose a stream quality that fits your connection speed. Unfortunately by setting this to manual you will need to pick the quality each time you play something.
The log is reporting massive amounts of large audio sync errors.
(2020-01-24, 22:53)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 16:28)hackthis02 Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 13:13)d21spike Wrote: The python library is trying to verify you have a secure connection and is unable to get a valid (trusted) SSL certificate, "CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED." This usually happens when there is something capturing traffic and is spoofing the certificate. Is this happening on all devices or are you indeed doing some traffic capture?

DNS makes sense. As for the username/password, once entered it should be stored inside the add-on settings file. You can try to enter it manually via add-on settings and see if that helps.

(2020-01-24, 22:09)bds3151 Wrote: Not sure if this fits here or with Kodi in general but the Sling app within Kodi buffers a lot with the circle counting, disappearing, and then reappearing, counting again. Eventually the stream will return and continue for a while normally. I can go back to the Sling Windows 10 app outside of Kodi and it works without buffering. It seems especially bad with the new addon.  Does anyone else experience this? I have 3 machines and all are affected.
Buffering is what you are referring to. Once the add-on gets the stream url it hands it off to Inputstream Adaptive (automatically installed with the add-on if it wasn't before.) Each stream has multiple levels of quality, usually Inputstream Adaptive is pretty good at determining the best one for your connection speeds but if it isn't doing so then via settings for inputstream adaptive you can change "Stream Selection" from "Auto" to "Manual". Then once a stream starts, it will be at the lowest quality. From there you can bring up a menu, video options, and choose a stream quality that fits your connection speed. Unfortunately by setting this to manual you will need to pick the quality each time you play something. 

I don't think this is a problem in selecting the correct stream. Outside of Kodi, the Win10 Sling app works flawlessly at the max rate. Inside Kodi, it is highly variable and within 1 day, will buffer at least 30 times a day. How can this be a connection issue on the same machine when Kodi and the Sling addon are the only variables?
getting a sling error this morning
log: link removed as it contains sensitive info

however things are still working as far as i can tell, Odd.

thank you
(2020-01-25, 18:09)mxlance Wrote: getting a sling error this morning

thank you
Installed the addon, as I open it and click on 'channels' I am getting an error as well as I am not getting the channels in the guide, I have 'cleared data' for the general and the guide but not sure what's happening.

I had uninstalled the ps vue addon, and realized that in simple iptv under m3u & xmltv still had the previous locations for the ps vue epg guide, so I changed both to remote path (internet address) and reinstalled the add on but am still getting not getting the channels in the guide. I am not sure if the sling addon is supposed to fill the m3u & xmltv locations because their still on remote path).  here's my log  *link removed as it contains sensitive info*

EDIT: No luck so far. I feel like I need to add the m3u & the xmltv to the simple IPTV but am not sure where they are located (when I was using ps vue, it was in ps vue addon file, but I do not see epg/xmltv files in the sling addon file). I also looked in the simple iptv settings file & even through I have changed the setting to remote path, the setting file still lists the ps vue epg & xmltv links). I uninstalled and reinstalled the simple iptv and have the m3u/xmltv set on remote path, cleared the guides, but sling is not showing up in my guide (besides my nextpvr). Help...
OKay, now I am not getting the error when I go into channels in the sling addon but..

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the simple iptv and have the m3u/xmltv set on remote path, cleared the guides, but sling is not showing up in my guide (besides my nextpvr). 

EDIT: I should have been more patient and let the channel guide load, as one I clicked manual guide load, and let it finish, I guide loaded up. I believe I'm good. Thank you for a great addon.
(2020-01-26, 20:37)clones Wrote: OKay, now I am not getting the error when I go into channels in the sling addon but..

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the simple iptv and have the m3u/xmltv set on remote path, cleared the guides, but sling is not showing up in my guide (besides my nextpvr). 

EDIT: I should have been more patient and let the channel guide load, as one I clicked manual guide load, and let it finish, I guide loaded up. I believe I'm good. Thank you for a great addon.
One odd thing I noticed, is ESPN is not coming up in my channels/guide. I tried to clear in general/guide in pvr but it has not brought it up. When I manually updated the channels I did see ESPN process through, so not exactly sure why. I went into the sling.epg.xml file and ESPN is not in the channel listings (ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews are listed). (It also looks like the MLB network & NBC Sports Network is not downloaded only the MLB Alt & NBC sports network alt, as well). 

I did go into the sling addon, and the channels are listed there, their just not coming up in the epg

EDIT: I have installed the addon on another (win10) computer and the same channels are missing from the epg.xml and the guide.  Huh?
(2020-01-24, 23:38)bds3151 Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 22:53)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 16:28)hackthis02 Wrote: Thanks. It was a DNS issue. The only problem now is when I go to any new screen, it re-asks for my username/password. I had this issue with the old Sling add-on and my solution was to just re-image my pi. Log

I don't think this is a problem in selecting the correct stream. Outside of Kodi, the Win10 Sling app works flawlessly at the max rate. Inside Kodi, it is highly variable and within 1 day, will buffer at least 30 times a day. How can this be a connection issue on the same machine when Kodi and the Sling addon are the only variables? 
I set Inputstream to manual and even on the lowest quality stream I still get buffering quite often. Am I the only one seeing this? I can drop out of Kodi and run the Sling app in Win10 and it's fine. I can replicate this on several machines.
(2020-01-27, 04:26)bds3151 Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 23:38)bds3151 Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 22:53)d21spike Wrote: DNS makes sense. As for the username/password, once entered it should be stored inside the add-on settings file. You can try to enter it manually via add-on settings and see if that helps.

I set Inputstream to manual and even on the lowest quality stream I still get buffering quite often. Am I the only one seeing this? I can drop out of Kodi and run the Sling app in Win10 and it's fine. I can replicate this on several machines. 
Is inputstream adaptive being abandoned on the Win10 platform? 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349961&page=2
I am still getting an error
Channels do still show and play in the channel list.
However i can not update channels or the guide data.
The guide is empty.
this is only happening on my linux/kubuntu 19.10 laptop.

Thank you
(2020-01-24, 23:15)bds3151 Wrote: The log is reporting massive amounts of large audio sync errors.
We had a coded work around for what I think this is. Basically, lower-power devices would not support 6 channel audio and would stutter trying to play. I would make sure your device is playing 2 channel audio by playing something and opening Settings -> Audio Settings -> Audio Stream. If it grayed out, then it's managed by inputstream adaptive and can be enabled through that add-on settings. If this is the case, we may have to revisit this. A log of this may help as well.

(2020-01-24, 23:38)bds3151 Wrote: I don't think this is a problem in selecting the correct stream. Outside of Kodi, the Win10 Sling app works flawlessly at the max rate. Inside Kodi, it is highly variable and within 1 day, will buffer at least 30 times a day. How can this be a connection issue on the same machine when Kodi and the Sling addon are the only variables? 

See above. Also note, the Sling add-on does not handle playback. Once inputstream adaptive is handed the url and key, the add-on is all hands off.
(2020-01-25, 18:09)mxlance Wrote: getting a sling error this morning
log: 

thank you

I do not see any Sling specific error in this log. If it happens again, can you make note of what the error is?
(2020-01-26, 02:45)clones Wrote: Installed the addon, as I open it and click on 'channels' I am getting an error as well as I am not getting the channels in the guide, I have 'cleared data' for the general and the guide but not sure what's happening.

I had uninstalled the ps vue addon, and realized that in simple iptv under m3u & xmltv still had the previous locations for the ps vue epg guide, so I changed both to remote path (internet address) and reinstalled the add on but am still getting not getting the channels in the guide. I am not sure if the sling addon is supposed to fill the m3u & xmltv locations because their still on remote path).  here's my log   

EDIT: No luck so far. I feel like I need to add the m3u & the xmltv to the simple IPTV but am not sure where they are located (when I was using ps vue, it was in ps vue addon file, but I do not see epg/xmltv files in the sling addon file). I also looked in the simple iptv settings file & even through I have changed the setting to remote path, the setting file still lists the ps vue epg & xmltv links). I uninstalled and reinstalled the simple iptv and have the m3u/xmltv set on remote path, cleared the guides, but sling is not showing up in my guide (besides my nextpvr). Help...  

Ok looking through your log, I did see Sling failed to retrieve a thumbnail for one of the channels. This is addressed in version 0.0.83, so you can try again and see what happens. Also, sometimes I found it helpful going to IPTV Simple settings and toggling update (even if it's the same version.) Not sure why this helps but for me it does. In terms of the add-on, Sling is supposed to generate a xml and m3u file in the add-on directory under userdata. Afterwards, it attempts to point IPTV simple to these files and trigger a restart.
(2020-01-26, 20:37)clones Wrote: OKay, now I am not getting the error when I go into channels in the sling addon but..

I did notice an issue, if you access the guide before sling is done building the files and before IPTV pulls in the new files it may hang like this. Need to think of a fix for this. Version 0.0.83 should address the Sling error.
(2020-01-26, 22:58)clones Wrote: One odd thing I noticed, is ESPN is not coming up in my channels/guide. I tried to clear in general/guide in pvr but it has not brought it up. When I manually updated the channels I did see ESPN process through, so not exactly sure why. I went into the sling.epg.xml file and ESPN is not in the channel listings (ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews are listed). (It also looks like the MLB network & NBC Sports Network is not downloaded only the MLB Alt & NBC sports network alt, as well). 

I did go into the sling addon, and the channels are listed there, their just not coming up in the epg

EDIT: I have installed the addon on another (win10) computer and the same channels are missing from the epg.xml and the guide.  Huh

Usually a channel is excluded if no guide data was found for the channel. If the issue persists, I suggest triggering a manual guide update and getting a log.
(2020-01-27, 04:26)bds3151 Wrote: I set Inputstream to manual and even on the lowest quality stream I still get buffering quite often. Am I the only one seeing this? I can drop out of Kodi and run the Sling app in Win10 and it's fine. I can replicate this on several machines. 

See reply above.
(2020-01-27, 20:33)bds3151 Wrote: Is inputstream adaptive being abandoned on the Win10 platform? 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349961&page=2 

Might be Xbox, either way news to me.
(2020-01-28, 14:32)mxlance Wrote: I am still getting an error
log: 
Channels do still show and play in the channel list.
However i can not update channels or the guide data.
The guide is empty.
this is only happening on my linux/kubuntu 19.10 laptop.

Thank you

Try triggering an update on IPTV Simple (even if the version is the same), this sometimes fixes it for me.
(2020-01-28, 16:33)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 23:15)bds3151 Wrote: One odd thing I noticed, is ESPN is not coming up in my channels/guide. I tried to clear in general/guide in pvr but it has not brought it up. When I manually updated the channels I did see ESPN process through, so not exactly sure why. I went into the sling.epg.xml file and ESPN is not in the channel listings (ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews are listed). (It also looks like the MLB network & NBC Sports Network is not downloaded only the MLB Alt & NBC sports network alt, as well). 

EDIT: I have installed the addon on another (win10) computer and the same channels are missing from the epg.xml and the guide.  Huh

Usually a channel is excluded if no guide data was found for the channel. If the issue persists, I suggest triggering a manual guide update and getting a log.
(2020-01-27, 04:26)bds3151 Wrote:  

Thank you @d21spike. I felt it was odd that the same channels were excluded when I installed the addon on another computer. I believe I have tried a manual update on the first computer but will try tonite.

(Also, to give a good log, I know I 'enable to debug log' option in kodi settings, I also notice there is one in the addon, is it important to have them both 'enabled' 

thank you and @eracknaphobia for all your work on this great addon.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0