• 10(current)
Beta Sling
Wow surprised I wasn't getting notified till this last post....
(2020-02-12, 07:52)snoopyjoe Wrote: So I'm getting something weird and am not sure if it's something to do with the InputStream or the Sling addon. Live channels will work just fine but any on-demand content does not play. Glancing over the log it looks like it fail at the inputstream section, but there is no error inside of the Sling addon.  The log is after a clean install and first login.

Sling TV log

Looked over your log, it is indeed getting a licence 403 error, aka unauthorized. I tried playing the same thing via the browser (official Sling) and here's what I got. I do however see where this could be going wrong at least on the add-on side, although with their browser version having issues as well we might still see some issues. I try to get a fix and see what happens.

(2020-02-13, 15:42)clones Wrote: This morning I noticed the guide had not updated, went into the program, requested manual update to the guide, and received an error; shut down kodi tried again but am still getting an error message. Live tv still seems to play okay. http://paste.kodi.tv/uhoremuqid

Seems like the Slinger tracking file may have gotten corrupt. With Kodi off you can try deleting Kodi / userdata / addon_data / plugin.video.sling / slinger.json
Or just wait till I fix this with a try - catch.

(2020-02-14, 23:56)lhassell Wrote: I messaged the inputstream.adaptive coder and he sent this back. There's no hurry, but I thought you might be interested to know they made some changes.

https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...-586127690

I think he's referring to this commit: https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...fe9768d075 

This is indeed interesting, I'll take a look.
(2020-02-21, 05:34)RM4ever Wrote: Great Add-on
But "NBC Sports Network" channel  is missing for me, although i updated the channels multiple times.
My Kodi version is: kodi-18.5-Leia-x64

Unfortunately, without a log showing an error I cannot help you. I just checked the add-on does indeed display NBC Sports. Make sure Kodi debugging/Sling debugging is enabled when logging.

(2020-02-21, 15:22)d21spike Wrote: Wow surprised I wasn't getting notified till this last post....
(2020-02-12, 07:52)snoopyjoe Wrote: So I'm getting something weird and am not sure if it's something to do with the InputStream or the Sling addon. Live channels will work just fine but any on-demand content does not play. Glancing over the log it looks like it fail at the inputstream section, but there is no error inside of the Sling addon.  The log is after a clean install and first login.

Sling TV log

Looked over your log, it is indeed getting a licence 403 error, aka unauthorized. I tried playing the same thing via the browser (official Sling) and here's what I got. I do however see where this could be going wrong at least on the add-on side, although with their browser version having issues as well we might still see some issues. I try to get a fix and see what happens.

(2020-02-13, 15:42)clones Wrote: This morning I noticed the guide had not updated, went into the program, requested manual update to the guide, and received an error; shut down kodi tried again but am still getting an error message. Live tv still seems to play okay. http://paste.kodi.tv/uhoremuqid

Seems like the Slinger tracking file may have gotten corrupt. With Kodi off you can try deleting Kodi / userdata / addon_data / plugin.video.sling / slinger.json
Or just wait till I fix this with a try - catch.

(2020-02-14, 23:56)lhassell Wrote: I messaged the inputstream.adaptive coder and he sent this back. There's no hurry, but I thought you might be interested to know they made some changes.

https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...-586127690

I think he's referring to this commit: https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...fe9768d075 

This is indeed interesting, I'll take a look.
(2020-02-21, 05:34)RM4ever Wrote: Great Add-on
But "NBC Sports Network" channel  is missing for me, although i updated the channels multiple times.
My Kodi version is: kodi-18.5-Leia-x64

Unfortunately, without a log showing an error I cannot help you. I just checked the add-on does indeed display NBC Sports. Make sure Kodi debugging/Sling debugging is enabled when logging.

First of all thanks for caring & the fast reply. I really appreciate it.
I make sure Kodi debugging/Sling debugging is enabled.
Please note that there are no error displayed for me in kodi while browsing the "Sling" add-on or when playing any content.
All the displayed contents or channels are working fine for me.

Here is the link of my kodi log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ocojenetaf.kodi

And here is a link of images for the list of channels that are displayed for me in the add-on.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlI0HCFCdxSYgv4bhC2e...Q?e=FtFZe3
(2020-02-21, 17:52)RM4ever Wrote: First of all thanks for caring & the fast reply. I really appreciate it.
I make sure Kodi debugging/Sling debugging is enabled.
Please note that there are no error displayed for me in kodi while browsing the "Sling" add-on or when playing any content.
All the displayed contents or channels are working fine for me.

Here is the link of my kodi log:

And here is a link of images for the list of channels that are displayed for me in the add-on.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlI0HCFCdxSYgv4bhC2e...Q?e=FtFZe3 

Hey an easy one and good job logging. Ok so basically your Subscription does not include NBC Sports. More specifically any NBC.

Your current subscriptions:
  1. NBA League Pass
  2. Sling Orange
  3. Total TV Deal
  4. Sling Free (No extra channels)
  5. VIP Offer - DVR (No extra channels)
  6. FP2-A (No extra channels)

To get NBC Sports it looks like you need either "Sling Blue" or "Sling Orange and Blue." You're welcome to verify your lineup via offical Sling players. To see Sling TV's current packages, you can go-to Sling TV and scroll down to see a comparison of "Sling Orange", "Sling Blue", and "Sling Orange and Blue"
@snoopyjoe @clones I just pushed version 0.0.96, I'm hoping that this addresses your issues.

@snoopyjoe with your issue specifically, triggering a "Update Shows" will be required to update the playlist url's in the database. Basically since Sling changed their playback licensing to require channel id's for playback, shows lacked this information. Unfortunately though, your show Black Clover is still experiencing issues both in Sling browser and the add-on by extension. Even though the show is tied to a channel you are subscribed to, Sling is failing to recognize that and is denying playback, hopefully they remedy this in a timely manner.
(2020-02-21, 21:02)d21spike Wrote: @snoopyjoe @clones I just pushed version 0.0.96, I'm hoping that this addresses your issues.

@snoopyjoe with your issue specifically, triggering a "Update Shows" will be required to update the playlist url's in the database. Basically since Sling changed their playback licensing to require channel id's for playback, shows lacked this information. Unfortunately though, your show Black Clover is still experiencing issues both in Sling browser and the add-on by extension. Even though the show is tied to a channel you are subscribed to, Sling is failing to recognize that and is denying playback, hopefully they remedy this in a timely manner.
Again thanks for caring & the fast reply. You're such a gentelman.
First my subscription does include NBC Sports Network

This is an image of my subscrription details:
https://i.ibb.co/ZdJ12gh/screenshot-3.png

This is an image of me watching  NBC Sports Network on sling website
https://i.ibb.co/sF6n656/screenshot-4.png

Second: after the update of the add-on, I'm now getting the NBC Sports Network displayed. But another problem arroused.
I'm now getting less number of channels than before the update.
The pervious number of channels I was getting before the update was: 130 now I'm only getting 74 (I'm missing now "bein USA" very important channel for me)

This is a link for the displayed channels after the update: (You can compare it to the pervious channels in the link of the above reply)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlI0HCFCdxSYgv41YDR0...Q?e=z8w91n

I tried the following (every time I get the same result):
- Updating the channels manually
- Uninstalling the add-on + add-on data
- Deleting my installation of kodi & installing the sling add-on only on a new kodi

Here is the link of my kodi log (fresh kodi with only the add-on):
https://paste.kodi.tv/udavivibub.kodi
You guys are doing great work with this version of the addon. Recently I've noticed that the episodes under OnDemand>Channel>Available Now>TVShow>season#>EpisodeOfChoosing do not play.

I've attached the part of the log that pertains to this error, maybe it will help.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eqidazafat.kodi

Thank you for this amazing addon btw Big Grin
(2020-02-24, 00:44)Nitzkit Wrote: You guys are doing great work with this version of the addon. Recently I've noticed that the episodes under OnDemand>Channel>Available Now>TVShow>season#>EpisodeOfChoosing do not play.

I've attached the part of the log that pertains to this error, maybe it will help.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eqidazafat.kodi

Thank you for this amazing addon btw Big Grin
Disregard this post, I thought you didn't have to set shows to record first when they are in the "available now" section unlike when shows are in the "on-demand" section. Anyways thanks for all the hard work!
Log 1
(2020-02-21, 17:52)RM4ever Wrote: Here is the link of my kodi log:

Log 2
(2020-02-22, 22:11)RM4ever Wrote: Here is the link of my kodi log (fresh kodi with only the add-on):
https://paste.kodi.tv/udavivibub.kodi 

I quoted your two posts above and from here forth I'll reference to them as "Log 1" and "Log 2" respectively.
Log 1 Wrote:In Log 1 Relevant account details are as follows:

Unique Subscriber ID: 1fdb7f7c-ae02-11e8-9caa-0e08f106e442
Unique Device ID: Bi6CcUeS-kBvF-HWPG-KaHB-ayxDILYfcqxl
DMA Zone: 539
Subscription Key: Mjg4LDMwOCw0NTEsNTA0LDYyNSw2NTg=
Subscription JSONSubscription Detail JSON
Subscription Packages: Sling Orange, VIP Offer - DVR, Sling Free, NBA League Pass, Total TV Deal, FP2-A

Log 2 Wrote:In Log 2 Relevant account details are as follows:

Unique Subscriber ID: ee003996-0c8b-11e9-9df3-0eed34a1e238
Unique Device ID: RXxcWZv3-dmWv-GtOK-ZSbs-eoj1qRU1SPa0
DMA Zone: 602
Subscription Key: MjAxLDIzMSw1MDQsNzEz
Subscription JSON:Subscription Detail JSON
Subscription Packages: Sling Orange and Sling Blue, FOX RSN-Southwest (Legacy), Cloud DVR Free, FP2-A

Given the information above I can tell you this much:
  • The subscriber id's do not match, this means the logs are from two separate accounts. I've yet to see these change.
  • The device id's do not match, this means either it's two different devices or the settings file has been purged.
  • The Digital Market Areas (DMA) are different, the two logs are from two different states. Florida and Illinois
  • The Subscription Key's are different. They are just base 64 encoded strings of your subscription package ID's.
  • The Subscription JSON of course is different since the key is different, if you look it's part of the URL.
  • The Subscription Packages are different, specifically Log 1 does not have Sling Blue and Log 2 does. As such Log 1 does not have NBC Sports and Log 2 does. You can verify this by clicking "Subscription Detail JSON" and searching for "NBC Sports". Similarly Log 1 is entitled to "beIN SPORTS" and Log 2 is not.

Simply put the add-on takes in the channels it is given and displays them. In this particular case, I'm not sure why you have multiple accounts (I'd rather not know) but from what I can see Log 1 is not entitled to NBC Sports and Log 2 is not entitled to "beIN SPORTS". Specifically Log 1 has the "Total TV Deal" package which provides "beIN SPORTS" and Log 2 has "Sling Blue" which provides "NBC Sports Network". There are cases where we can have programming error(s) leading to missing channels, this is not the case here. If you have anymore issues, I'm happy to help. The Subscription Packages and DMA zone are checked every time you visit the main menu of the add-on. Similarly if using Slinger server, triggering "Update Channels" will also force a recheck. Also keep in mind, if traveling the DMA zone can have an effect on certain channels such as locals and/or blackouts for channels like the NFL Network.
Gentlemen,  the big problem I see here is when you have more than one TV source. For instance I have Mythtv PVR for my off air channels and Sling for my other channels. They each work fine on their own but not together. For instance, this past week end I spent significant time testing different aspects. I tested my setup with only Mythtv and LiveTV worked great, guide data was correct. Then I deleted the LiveTV databases and disabled Mythtv and enabled Sling. It too worked great, and guide data was correct as far as I could tell. However, if you enable both you were screwed. Sometimes you got all the channels but the guide data was offset, guide data for the first channel was on the second line and on down the line with the last channel guide data discarded. On a system reboot after running for a little while triggers another kodi restart just after "importing channels/guide data from clients" from IPTV Simple. Upon reboot, it would finish but the guide data was all kinds of messed up.

Maybe I'll sit out and wait for this addon to get a little more mature.

The integration of more than one channel source is not ready for prime time.
(2020-02-25, 03:08)Smallmountains Wrote: Gentlemen,  the big problem I see here is when you have more than one TV source. For instance I have Mythtv PVR for my off air channels and Sling for my other channels. They each work fine on their own but not together. For instance, this past week end I spent significant time testing different aspects. I tested my setup with only Mythtv and LiveTV worked great, guide data was correct. Then I deleted the LiveTV databases and disabled Mythtv and enabled Sling. It too worked great, and guide data was correct as far as I could tell. However, if you enable both you were screwed. Sometimes you got all the channels but the guide data was offset, guide data for the first channel was on the second line and on down the line with the last channel guide data discarded. On a system reboot after running for a little while triggers another kodi restart just after "importing channels/guide data from clients" from IPTV Simple. Upon reboot, it would finish but the guide data was all kinds of messed up.

Albeit what you say is somewhat correct, there have been issues with multiple PVR Clients running at the same time. What you need to realize though is this is add-on is not a PVR client, at best it's simulating a PVR backend (channel data source). So strictly from an add-on perspective, one that is written in python, with the libraries and tools available to we simply have little to no control over the PVR Clients nor the PVR Frontend (guide). This means that behavior such as channel numbering, or when channels are updated, or anything of that sort is strictly outside the control of this add-on. The most influence we have been able to grasp is setting another add-ons settings (providing guide data URLs to IPTV) and toggling a PVR client enabled/disabled.

Another thing to note is the guide integration is a feature of this add-on but not necessarily the main aspect of it. It was also never advertised to work alongside multiple PVRs, not sure if that will ever be the case. This add-on sets out to emulate the Sling TV experience offered through official channels and for the most part I believe it does. That said, it's unfortunate that it wasn't up to your expectations but it's beta so there will be issues. We are constantly trying different approaches with the tools at our disposal.
(2020-02-25, 03:08)Smallmountains Wrote: Gentlemen,  the big problem I see here is when you have more than one TV source. For instance I have Mythtv PVR for my off air channels and Sling for my other channels. They each work fine on their own but not together. For instance, this past week end I spent significant time testing different aspects. I tested my setup with only Mythtv and LiveTV worked great, guide data was correct. Then I deleted the LiveTV databases and disabled Mythtv and enabled Sling. It too worked great, and guide data was correct as far as I could tell. However, if you enable both you were screwed. Sometimes you got all the channels but the guide data was offset, guide data for the first channel was on the second line and on down the line with the last channel guide data discarded. On a system reboot after running for a little while triggers another kodi restart just after "importing channels/guide data from clients" from IPTV Simple. Upon reboot, it would finish but the guide data was all kinds of messed up.

I have both Sling & NextPVR working together through IPTV Simple and things are working pretty good. (A previous rant of mine, where I impulsively thought NextPVR was interfering with Sling & IPTV Simple, it wasn't, not withstanding). This is a great addon and am greatly appreciative of @d21spike & @eracknaphobia efforts to us less talented users, and have been planning on donating to them if possible to show my appreciation. (Or if there is something I could do, less programming wise, like add to FAQ page or something let me know)

Quote:"I'm not sure why you have multiple accounts (I'd rather not know)" 
I have to admit, this line had me laughing
Thank You for this great Addon!
I use it alongside TVHeadend with My HDhomerun Connect.

For anyone considering a similar setup I have been very happy with the Addon.
I use TVheadend to Assign tags to my local stations and organize channels that way.
I use the Kodi PVR Channel manager and the Group Manager to further organize the EPG Guide.
When Sling makes a change to the Channel lineup, a few quick changes in PVR Channel/Group Managers and all is good to go again.

I unfortunately must drop Sling TV in favor of YTTV.
We had a near perfect lineup until the recent channel reorganization with SlingTV.
We stayed with it for 2 months but to get back what we lost would put as at $60, add DVR and TCM extras and we are at $70 that is unacceptable for us.
The other big plus was YTTV adding PBS. We can not receive a clear OTA signal for our PBS stations.

A big thank you to @d21spike not only for the addon, also for the outstanding support you have graciously extended.

@d21spike - THINK: YouTubeTV addon. Smile
Is there an issue with getting On Demand movies to play? I can get TV shows to play, but when I try to play a movie it doesn't work. 
Ex. Sling >> On Demand >> TBS >> On Demand >> The 40 Year-Old Virgin

Any of the TV shows under the TBS >> On Demand play just fine.

I'll get a log in a bit but just wondering if anyone else had this problem.
(2020-02-26, 01:22)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Is there an issue with getting On Demand movies to play? I can get TV shows to play, but when I try to play a movie it doesn't work. 
Ex. Sling >> On Demand >> TBS >> On Demand >> The 40 Year-Old Virgin

Any of the TV shows under the TBS >> On Demand play just fine.

I'll get a log in a bit but just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Take a look at this post and try it. Let know what happens.

Sling Post
(2020-02-25, 18:32)mxlance Wrote: Thank You for this great Addon!
I use it alongside TVHeadend with My HDhomerun Connect.

For anyone considering a similar setup I have been very happy with the Addon.
I use TVheadend to Assign tags to my local stations and organize channels that way.
I use the Kodi PVR Channel manager and the Group Manager to further organize the EPG Guide.
When Sling makes a change to the Channel lineup, a few quick changes in PVR Channel/Group Managers and all is good to go again.

I unfortunately must drop Sling TV in favor of YTTV.
We had a near perfect lineup until the recent channel reorganization with SlingTV.
We stayed with it for 2 months but to get back what we lost would put as at $60, add DVR and TCM extras and we are at $70 that is unacceptable for us.
The other big plus was YTTV adding PBS. We can not receive a clear OTA signal for our PBS stations.

A big thank you to @d21spike not only for the addon, also for the outstanding support you have graciously extended.

@d21spike - THINK: YouTubeTV addon. Smile

I appreciate the kind words. I definitely understand the package issues of Sling and why YouTube TV is attractive. I glanced at it in trial period, definitely some obstacles in terms of security. I feel eventually I'll have to bite the bullet and deal with the cost of YouTube TV. In my opinion it has a good bit of perks like locals (at least in my area).
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0