• 13(current)
Beta Sling
(2020-03-27, 21:25)mikefreeman Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 01:28)clones Wrote: I've notice a kinda minor thing. I'm using NextPVR & Sling in IPTV simple. If I restart Kodi, I notice as the guide starts up, it only has NextPVR channels (even if I clear the guide) and have to restart Kodi again and then both NextPVR & Sling load into the EPG. Not sure if it is exactly an error but here is the log: http://paste.kodi.tv/ladowujemu .
This is a problem with using some PVR addons together, I think. A similar thing happened when I was using IPTV Simple to run PS Vue alongside my TVHeadend. When first starting up, it would say that the TVHeadend PVR crashed, and when the PVR part of Kodi would restart after the crash, it would only show the TVHeadend channels. But in this case, restarting Kodi wouldn't work, and clearing the guide would. I would get the same thing when experimenting with the FilmOn PVR occasionally, as well. I think the Kodi team might want to rework their PVR handling. I would love to see something along the lines of how Fire TV handles its Live TV. Apps with Live TV content can register themselves as such along with accompanying EPG info, and the Live TV section will aggregate that info into a unified guide, with each app having its own section in the guide, that simply links to the app's own channel handling. Seems like a more simple and logical way to handle things. And just think, if we could take the TVHeadend (or NextPVR) OTA content, add in the Sling or whatever streamed service content (personally I'm hoping someone will jump in and make a Philo addon), and then mix in all the various Live stream content available in all of the hundreds of addons we have in Kodi, we'd have more channels than we could ever watch! No more need for an IPTV Simple addon. 
thank you @d21spike  & @mikefreeman for your thoughts. @mikefreeman  your thoughts made me think a little of the #pseudotv addon but it has not been updated for several years even though there was information about going from .8 to .9 sometime. (feel like right now would be a decent time to start to start learning python, even though it seems that organizing the house seems to be more where my brain is at present)
If anybody is having issues with the guide not loading data after reboot, my Fork has a potential remedy for it. Normally disabling then reenabling Simple Client IPTV fixes the issue. So I've added the ability for the addon to turn off and then back on the PVR manager (disables/enables all PVR clients). It should do this as soon as the service is started and after anytime the guide data is updated. Give it a try and let me know any issues you have. Sling (PVR Data Fix)
(2020-04-05, 00:38)snoopyjoe Wrote: If anybody is having issues with the guide not loading data after reboot, my Fork has a potential remedy for it. Normally disabling then reenabling Simple Client IPTV fixes the issue. So I've added the ability for the addon to turn off and then back on the PVR manager (disables/enables all PVR clients). It should do this as soon as the service is started and after anytime the guide data is updated. Give it a try and let me know any issues you have. Sling (PVR Data Fix)
For what it is worth I was running on osmc. Yesterday I did a fresh instill using libreelec and I have not had any issues.
I use a Pi3
hello, i just discovered this crear addon a few days ago, installed It on kodi Leia but neither live TV nor vods sound; i tried changing the audio channel but dame result, just image. Ant sugestión?, thanks in advance.
(2020-03-27, 21:25)mikefreeman Wrote: This is a problem with using some PVR addons together, I think. A similar thing happened when I was using IPTV Simple to run PS Vue alongside my TVHeadend. When first starting up, it would say that the TVHeadend PVR crashed, and when the PVR part of Kodi would restart after the crash, it would only show the TVHeadend channels. But in this case, restarting Kodi wouldn't work, and clearing the guide would. I would get the same thing when experimenting with the FilmOn PVR occasionally, as well. I think the Kodi team might want to rework their PVR handling. I would love to see something along the lines of how Fire TV handles its Live TV. Apps with Live TV content can register themselves as such along with accompanying EPG info, and the Live TV section will aggregate that info into a unified guide, with each app having its own section in the guide, that simply links to the app's own channel handling. Seems like a more simple and logical way to handle things. And just think, if we could take the TVHeadend (or NextPVR) OTA content, add in the Sling or whatever streamed service content (personally I'm hoping someone will jump in and make a Philo addon), and then mix in all the various Live stream content available in all of the hundreds of addons we have in Kodi, we'd have more channels than we could ever watch! No more need for an IPTV Simple addon. 

@mikefreeman I agree it has shown to be troublesome having multiple PVR clients. For now now I'm looking into potentially just having a standalone guide as a script, this would allow me to have the user schedule recordings as well. On that note, it may be possible to have channels appear in the Android TV dashboard but I'm not sure guide data would follow.

As I replied in the other thread, I may look into Philo eventually but 7 days wont be enough so when that time comes I'll have to subscribe.
(2020-03-28, 17:59)clones Wrote: thank you @d21spike  & @mikefreeman for your thoughts. @mikefreeman  your thoughts made me think a little of the #pseudotv addon but it has not been updated for several years even though there was information about going from .8 to .9 sometime. (feel like right now would be a decent time to start to start learning python, even though it seems that organizing the house seems to be more where my brain is at present) 

Always a good thing to learn.
(2020-04-05, 00:38)snoopyjoe Wrote: If anybody is having issues with the guide not loading data after reboot, my Fork has a potential remedy for it. Normally disabling then reenabling Simple Client IPTV fixes the issue. So I've added the ability for the addon to turn off and then back on the PVR manager (disables/enables all PVR clients). It should do this as soon as the service is started and after anytime the guide data is updated. Give it a try and let me know any issues you have. Sling (PVR Data Fix)

I did see your pull request and I have in the past experimented with delays. I'm not ignoring it but I'd like to see some community feedback on this. Currently I have the PVR toggle removed due to issues with multiple PVR clients. I'll also mention, you are toggling the PVR off and then on 1 second later. Previously when I had the add-on do this after the guide data was downloaded, if the user was using the Guide and/or playing something from the guide this sometimes resulted in Kodi crashes and this was abandoned.
(2020-04-05, 01:48)Penbrock Wrote: For what it is worth I was running on osmc. Yesterday I did a fresh instill using libreelec and I have not had any issues.
I use a Pi3 

Are you using the repo build or the one @snoopyjoe posted?
(2020-04-06, 05:20)cimbor Wrote: hello, i just discovered this crear addon a few days ago, installed It on kodi Leia but neither live TV nor vods sound; i tried changing the audio channel but dame result, just image. Ant sugestión?, thanks in advance.

I've been using various parts of the add-on over the past few days without issue. Have you tried this on a different device?
(2020-02-18, 19:10)z419 Wrote: Subtitles work for me when "Enable parsing for closed captions" is enabled in Player > Language settings. Though they seem to be disabled automatically, I think because the language is "Unknown", and have to be enabled every time you switch channels. Also, sometimes you have to wait for them to be detected, and sometimes it detects 2 subtitles but only 1 actually works.

What platform are you on? Also could you give a log file when you're able to watch something with closed captions?
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
(2020-04-09, 17:26)d21spike Wrote:  I did see your pull request and I have in the past experimented with delays. I'm not ignoring it but I'd like to see some community feedback on this. Currently I have the PVR toggle removed due to issues with multiple PVR clients. I'll also mention, you are toggling the PVR off and then on 1 second later. Previously when I had the add-on do this after the guide data was downloaded, if the user was using the Guide and/or playing something from the guide this sometimes resulted in Kodi crashes and this was abandoned.

I may go ahead and close that PR because just like you mentioned if the user is watching live TV and the PVR turns off, the best case is that the live video stops. Worse case is Kodi crashes and reboots. I also notice that the continues to toggle the PVR every 30-60min no matter where put I the toggle. Even placing it in service.py before calling Slinger() made no difference.

In the end I opted to make a simple addon that I can map to my remote that toggles the PVR. I may beef it up a little and make it a service that monitors the updateguide() function before toggling. If I do, I'll post to my Git repo.
(2020-04-09, 17:26)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 21:25)mikefreeman Wrote: This is a problem with using some PVR addons together, I think. A similar thing happened when I was using IPTV Simple to run PS Vue alongside my TVHeadend. When first starting up, it would say that the TVHeadend PVR crashed, and when the PVR part of Kodi would restart after the crash, it would only show the TVHeadend channels. But in this case, restarting Kodi wouldn't work, and clearing the guide would. I would get the same thing when experimenting with the FilmOn PVR occasionally, as well. I think the Kodi team might want to rework their PVR handling. I would love to see something along the lines of how Fire TV handles its Live TV. Apps with Live TV content can register themselves as such along with accompanying EPG info, and the Live TV section will aggregate that info into a unified guide, with each app having its own section in the guide, that simply links to the app's own channel handling. Seems like a more simple and logical way to handle things. And just think, if we could take the TVHeadend (or NextPVR) OTA content, add in the Sling or whatever streamed service content (personally I'm hoping someone will jump in and make a Philo addon), and then mix in all the various Live stream content available in all of the hundreds of addons we have in Kodi, we'd have more channels than we could ever watch! No more need for an IPTV Simple addon. 

@mikefreeman I agree it has shown to be troublesome having multiple PVR clients. For now now I'm looking into potentially just having a standalone guide as a script, this would allow me to have the user schedule recordings as well. On that note, it may be possible to have channels appear in the Android TV dashboard but I'm not sure guide data would follow.

As I replied in the other thread, I may look into Philo eventually but 7 days wont be enough so when that time comes I'll have to subscribe.
(2020-03-28, 17:59)clones Wrote: thank you @d21spike  & @mikefreeman for your thoughts. @mikefreeman  your thoughts made me think a little of the #pseudotv addon but it has not been updated for several years even though there was information about going from .8 to .9 sometime. (feel like right now would be a decent time to start to start learning python, even though it seems that organizing the house seems to be more where my brain is at present) 

Always a good thing to learn.

I did see your pull request and I have in the past experimented with delays. I'm not ignoring it but I'd like to see some community feedback on this. Currently I have the PVR toggle removed due to issues with multiple PVR clients. I'll also mention, you are toggling the PVR off and then on 1 second later. Previously when I had the add-on do this after the guide data was downloaded, if the user was using the Guide and/or playing something from the guide this sometimes resulted in Kodi crashes and this was abandoned.
(2020-04-05, 01:48)Penbrock Wrote: For what it is worth I was running on osmc. Yesterday I did a fresh instill using libreelec and I have not had any issues.
I use a Pi3 

Are you using the repo build or the one @snoopyjoe posted?
(2020-04-06, 05:20)cimbor Wrote: hello, i just discovered this crear addon a few days ago, installed It on kodi Leia but neither live TV nor vods sound; i tried changing the audio channel but dame result, just image. Ant sugestión?, thanks in advance.

I've been using various parts of the add-on over the past few days without issue. Have you tried this on a different device?
Ive installed It on my Sony android TV ; i have reset the adaptative inputstream options and most channels work fine, but some of them dont sound yet; for example showtime extreme.Ive observed that those that dont work have 3 audio tracks, 1 AAC and 2 DD+, but none of them work.
Anyone else not able to play anything right now ?
(2020-04-12, 06:33)MoreBloodWine Wrote: Anyone else not able to play anything right now ?

I noticed this too. I went through the app on my phone and through the website and all of them were having issues. Looks like it is back up now though. I restarted Kodi and am able to stream from Sling.
Great add-on!  Love it!

I have a setup similar to snoopyjoe (I think)...  I have 5 kodi instances in my home.  One of them is a heck of a PC that is quick...  the other 4 are some form of a linux based box, 3 of them are Rpi based and one is a Vero.  The Vero is  quick enough performance wise.  The Rpis are slow...  slow...  slow...  it would be nice if there was a server version of this...  even better if it could run from Ubuntu server or something like that.  Something that updates independent from Kodi.  I've debated setting up an instance in vmware just to refresh and use that as my "web server" IP for my clients.  seems like a sledgehammer for a fly, but seems like it should work... 

Secondary question...  does this have to use IPTV Simple for playback?  the reason I ask, I use TV Mosaic for my IPTV and I would like to feed in the Sling m3u and xml.  I was able to do that but couldn't get anything to playback.  TV Mosaic found the channels and the guide and it integrated in the Live TV EPG but it wouldn't playback.  I surmise that Simple IPTV is used to playback the stream...  I'm in over my head right here...
(2020-05-05, 02:03)rifken Wrote: Secondary question...  does this have to use IPTV Simple for playback?  the reason I ask, I use TV Mosaic for my IPTV and I would like to feed in the Sling m3u and xml.  I was able to do that but couldn't get anything to playback.  TV Mosaic found the channels and the guide and it integrated in the Live TV EPG but it wouldn't playback.  I surmise that Simple IPTV is used to playback the stream...  I'm in over my head right here...
you can make an m3u of sling channels to play in any m3u program, you just need to code it correctly, the add on is what autenticates the stream, not simple iptv player, I can help if you need
Does SlingTV add on work with Matrix 19 yet?
(2020-05-05, 14:43)markeymark Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 02:03)rifken Wrote: Secondary question...  does this have to use IPTV Simple for playback?  the reason I ask, I use TV Mosaic for my IPTV and I would like to feed in the Sling m3u and xml.  I was able to do that but couldn't get anything to playback.  TV Mosaic found the channels and the guide and it integrated in the Live TV EPG but it wouldn't playback.  I surmise that Simple IPTV is used to playback the stream...  I'm in over my head right here...
you can make an m3u of sling channels to play in any m3u program, you just need to code it correctly, the add on is what autenticates the stream, not simple iptv player, I can help if you need 
That would be amazing!  I wasn't sure if there was something with Widevine that prevented that...  I swear I got tv mosaic to play a single stream the other day when I tested and then after that initial test it stopped working.

What I did was use the web server this addon spins up as the URL for the remote M3U and XMLTV guide URLs in TV Mosaic.  There's really not much more to it than that (at least from passing in a M3U and XMLTV guide)...  It does find the channels as well as the guide info using that but the playback appears to time out...  

If we need to take this out of the scope of this thread please let me know, I don't want to derail the thread.  I figure this would be the same setup to use for any of the other PVR backends though...  so it *might* be releventHuh
@rifken at one point I had my always on Kodi PC running the slinger service and guide. IPTV on all my other kodi pc's could download the info from the webserver from the always on PC. This worked fine except that I had to turn off the slinger service on all the "client" PCs. With the service running, IPTV would reset to the local IP address webserver every boot. With the service off, you have to manually update each show and channel before you click on them. Ultimately I just decided to leave them running on each box since the service was relatively quick with updating.

I did make a toggle switch addon for the PVR since I have HDHomerun and IPTV running, which loads IPTV before the slinger webserver starts. On boot it waits for the TV guide or TV channels window to be active and then turns the PVR manager off and back on. Essentially reloading all the PVR data from both PVRs. It can also be manually triggered.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0