• 14(current)
Beta Sling
(2020-05-05, 18:57)rifken Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 14:43)markeymark Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 02:03)rifken Wrote: Secondary question...  does this have to use IPTV Simple for playback?  the reason I ask, I use TV Mosaic for my IPTV and I would like to feed in the Sling m3u and xml.  I was able to do that but couldn't get anything to playback.  TV Mosaic found the channels and the guide and it integrated in the Live TV EPG but it wouldn't playback.  I surmise that Simple IPTV is used to playback the stream...  I'm in over my head right here...
you can make an m3u of sling channels to play in any m3u program, you just need to code it correctly, the add on is what autenticates the stream, not simple iptv player, I can help if you need  
That would be amazing!  I wasn't sure if there was something with Widevine that prevented that...  I swear I got tv mosaic to play a single stream the other day when I tested and then after that initial test it stopped working.

What I did was use the web server this addon spins up as the URL for the remote M3U and XMLTV guide URLs in TV Mosaic.  There's really not much more to it than that (at least from passing in a M3U and XMLTV guide)...  It does find the channels as well as the guide info using that but the playback appears to time out...  

If we need to take this out of the scope of this thread please let me know, I don't want to derail the thread.  I figure this would be the same setup to use for any of the other PVR backends though...  so it *might* be releventHuh 
drop me a dm if needed, keep post clean
I'm guessing I can't DM you since it shows me as a Newbie, even though I have been on the boards for 10 years...  lol...

so, I have setup the m3u and xml feed in to TV Mosaic and the channels and guide show up in KODI.  The guide is showing the wrong info for the SLING channels.  Correct data for my locals and other IPTV feed.  I wonder if it has something to do with overlap between a couple of channels between sling and my other provider...
I'm guessing I might need 10 posts to be able to DM?  Sorry guys, not trying to spam the thread...
So, I'm trying this addon out on Sling TV's free service (news tier channels only, 24/7) and "Stay in and Sling" free service (Blue tier, plus some random limited-time preview channels, but only from 5pm to midnight). I think this is confusing the addon. The news channels do fine, but the on-off nature of the "Stay in and Sling" service is often not seen by the Slinger Service. To get it working, I have to go to my phone's Sling app, and manually hit a button that activates "Stay in and Sling" each time I want to use it. After that, I can see and play the channels through the addon itself. But, the Slinger Service in the addon is hit-or-miss. Sometimes I can get the Slinger Service to see the "Stay in and Sling" channels, and sometimes I can't. Usually, though, I have to completely wipe the database and start from scratch to reliably get these channels into the Slinger Service and IPTV Simple PVR. This is true even after updating the channels and guide, turning the IPTV Simple PVR off and back on, and completely clearing Kodi's PVR data. I only get the news channels. Has anyone else tried this? We normally use Philo, because it's a lot less expensive. So we don't have a full Sling account to try this with. I just thought I'd check out the progress with this new, temporary free service.
Strange for an add on to just go quiet. Did I miss something? Is this add on no longer being developed?
Getting an error with trying to open the add-on or playing anything from the PVR.

Log: https://pastebin.com/WszEvvYy

EDIT: Nevermind. I removed my settings.xml and db, restarted the app, logged in and everything is fine again.
d21spike -
When I load/re-start/run your Sling add-on in Windows 10, it works fine, so I know my configurations for the add-on (with Slinger toggled 'on') are okay and the EPG and PVR (IPTV Simple Client) settings work.
However, in Android, while the add-on plays the content fine, the channel info goes through the loading sequence (upper right corner 'countdown'), but the 'TV' guide sits empty and will not populate. Kodi does pops up an error in uEPG.

Is there an issue in Android for the add-on or one of it's components?
Thx.
(2020-06-23, 03:41)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Getting an error with trying to open the add-on or playing anything from the PVR.

Log: https://pastebin.com/WszEvvYy

EDIT: Nevermind. I removed my settings.xml and db, restarted the app, logged in and everything is fine again.

@Doctor Eggs thanks, had the same problem & this did the trick for me
Question:
Can the kodi/Sling addon set recordings or is it still necessary to do that on a phone or Roku?
That was the big thing missing when i was using it.

Rant:
I switched from SlingTV to YTTV a few months back.
Sling rearranged channels and packages that would have cost us $70 to keep the channels we watch.
YTTV was $50. Now with the increase to $65.00 and nothing we watch added. I am considering returning to Sling.
We started at $35, then $45, Then $50, Now we see $70 coming all to get 5 channels we regularly watch and a year ago got for $45.

Sorry about the rant, my wife is sick of listening.

Thank you
Is there a way to have Sling tune to a specific channel when it starts?

Auto starting Sling isn't a problem with the following in my autoexec.py:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(plugin.video.sling)")
I'm having an issue where after a few days, it seems that the updating shows job get's stuck on a specific show (Amazing Mysteries). I've reset my kodi profile to default at least twice, and both times after a few days (could be a week) when the show updater on the slinger service runs, it gets stuck on Amazing mysteries. 

Unfortunately, in order for this to show up in a log file, I have to wait approx 10 minutes after restarting w/ both kodi & add-on debugging turned on, so the log is quite large/long. I think the error is this (but I really have no idea):

Code:
    Line 12875: 2020-07-11 08:40:49.763 T:3731153792   DEBUG: plugin.video.sling-0.0.103- updateShows(): Failed to retrieve shows from DB, exception => 'href'

Here is a link to the full log (couldn't use paste of kodi paste because the file is too long / large):

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/feerl...tfile1.txt

I currently use an odroid N2 w/ latest CoreELEC and am using the slinger service integrated with the simple PVR backend.
(2020-07-11, 15:03)feerlessleadr Wrote: I'm having an issue where after a few days, it seems that the updating shows job get's stuck on a specific show (Amazing Mysteries). I've reset my kodi profile to default at least twice, and both times after a few days (could be a week) when the show updater on the slinger service runs, it gets stuck on Amazing mysteries. 

Unfortunately, in order for this to show up in a log file, I have to wait approx 10 minutes after restarting w/ both kodi & add-on debugging turned on, so the log is quite large/long. I think the error is this (but I really have no idea):

Code:
    Line 12875: 2020-07-11 08:40:49.763 T:3731153792   DEBUG: plugin.video.sling-0.0.103- updateShows(): Failed to retrieve shows from DB, exception => 'href'

Here is a link to the full log (couldn't use paste of kodi paste because the file is too long / large):

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/feerl...tfile1.txt

I currently use an odroid N2 w/ latest CoreELEC and am using the slinger service integrated with the simple PVR backend.

Same issue here, stuck on Amazing mysteries.
I was able to work around the above issue by disabling the VOD service in settings.xml.

I'm also noticing every time I reboot, IPTV simple loses the EPG/channel information. It still is present in the sqlite database though...
I would have expected that it would fallback to cache if the slinger service fails. For whatever reason when IPTV-simple requests the m3u or xml file, it's blank.
(2020-07-12, 23:08)lasers Wrote: I was able to work around the above issue by disabling the VOD service in settings.xml.

I'm also noticing every time I reboot, IPTV simple loses the EPG/channel information. It still is present in the sqlite database though...
I would have expected that it would fallback to cache if the slinger service fails. For whatever reason when IPTV-simple requests the m3u or xml file, it's blank.

Glad I'm not the only one. Mind sharing what you modified in the settings.xml to disable?

Thanks
(2020-05-05, 19:40)snoopyjoe Wrote: @rifken at one point I had my always on Kodi PC running the slinger service and guide. IPTV on all my other kodi pc's could download the info from the webserver from the always on PC. This worked fine except that I had to turn off the slinger service on all the "client" PCs. With the service running, IPTV would reset to the local IP address webserver every boot. With the service off, you have to manually update each show and channel before you click on them. Ultimately I just decided to leave them running on each box since the service was relatively quick with updating.

I did make a toggle switch addon for the PVR since I have HDHomerun and IPTV running, which loads IPTV before the slinger webserver starts. On boot it waits for the TV guide or TV channels window to be active and then turns the PVR manager off and back on. Essentially reloading all the PVR data from both PVRs. It can also be manually triggered.
I would be very interested in this. I tried querying the python webserver to grab the m3u file but it returns an error every time. I'm actually using your repo as the the d21spike version is broken.
I'd like to see if it would be possible to integrate into a DVR like mythtv-backend.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0