• 18(current)
Beta Sling
(2020-10-23, 20:37)bds3151 Wrote:
(2020-10-23, 20:09)aclee Wrote: It seems the issue is related to the latest inputstream update (2.4.6-Leia, released ~3 days ago). I downgraded to 2.4.5 and everything plays/works as expected.

I had to manually download it from the official repo mirror since Kodi does not show anything other than the latest, but other than that it was relatively easy to do.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/

Tried Inputstream 2.4.5 and it still doesn't work. Did you do anything else?

That was the only thing I did - Kodi 18.8 64bit Windows exe. Have you used the addon (or any other addons that require DRM) prior? I forget if the Sling addon prompts to install the Widevine CDM or not.
This site doesn't have the linux kodi-inputstream-adaptive, of which the prior version seems to have vanished off of the team xbmc ppa, and I think that means I'm just stuck until either someone finds a way to give me a deb of the 2.4.5-1 version for linux or the plugin gets updated.
(2020-10-23, 20:09)aclee Wrote: It seems the issue is related to the latest inputstream update (2.4.6-Leia, released ~3 days ago). I downgraded to 2.4.5 and everything plays/works as expected.

I had to manually download it from the official repo mirror since Kodi does not show anything other than the latest, but other than that it was relatively easy to do.

That appears to be the ticket, thank you very much for your help.
(2020-10-23, 20:56)aclee Wrote:
(2020-10-23, 20:37)bds3151 Wrote:

Tried Inputstream 2.4.5 and it still doesn't work. Did you do anything else?

That was the only thing I did - Kodi 18.8 64bit Windows exe. Have you used the addon (or any other addons that require DRM) prior? I forget if the Sling addon prompts to install the Widevine CDM or not.
Thanks. To close my issue out, it was corrupted Win10 files.

This is what worked for me. It was driving me nuts. Thanks kindly!
I'm on Windows 10 and the Sling add-on v0.103....Updated to Kodi 18.9...and tried v2.4.6 of the Inputstream Adaptive add-on. Sling channels still timeout and do not play. Downgraded back to v2.4.5 and Sling works fine.
(2020-10-22, 04:17)matthuisman Wrote: @mikefreeman @randallspicher
just going off the add-on source, you could try

IPTV Merge > Playlist > Add > URL > http://127.0.0.1:9999/channels.m3u
IPTV Merge > EPG > Add > URL > http://127.0.0.1:9999/guide.xml

then turn off "Enable EPG into IPTV" in Sling settings.

Or, could try adding a new .iptv_merge file in the sling add-on dir with the following contents instead of above
Code:
{
    "version":  3,
    "playlist": "http://127.0.0.1:9999/channels.m3u",
    "epg":      "http://127.0.0.1:9999/guide.xml"
}
That should allow you to use the nicer Add > Add-on method.

Note: Untested as I don't have a sling login
Hi Matt,

I am using both the Tvheadend HTSP Client and the Sling add-on within Kodi. The problem that I have noticed when running both at the same time is that the Sling channels are always disappearing and I would keep having to update the PVR IPTV Simple Client to get them back so I decided to give IPTV Merge a try and it installed successfully. I created the .iptv_merge file in the sling add-on directory and did Add > Add-on method and that added a URL to the playlist and EPG. I also setup the IPTV Simple Client and then did a 'Run Merge' and after it finished I didn't see any guide data so I checked the EPG section and the URL to guide.xml was in red and the error message is 'not well-formed (invalid token): line 41779, column 30'. Do you have any idea's of what could be wrong? It would be great if I could get this add-on working and it fixes the problem of the Sling channels always disappearing.
(2020-10-28, 21:31)Powersurge65 Wrote:
(2020-10-22, 04:17)matthuisman Wrote: @mikefreeman @randallspicher
just going off the add-on source, you could try

IPTV Merge > Playlist > Add > URL > http://127.0.0.1:9999/channels.m3u
IPTV Merge > EPG > Add > URL > http://127.0.0.1:9999/guide.xml

then turn off "Enable EPG into IPTV" in Sling settings.

Or, could try adding a new .iptv_merge file in the sling add-on dir with the following contents instead of above
Code:
{
    "version":  3,
    "playlist": "http://127.0.0.1:9999/channels.m3u",
    "epg":      "http://127.0.0.1:9999/guide.xml"
}
That should allow you to use the nicer Add > Add-on method.

Note: Untested as I don't have a sling login
Hi Matt,

I am using both the Tvheadend HTSP Client and the Sling add-on within Kodi. The problem that I have noticed when running both at the same time is that the Sling channels are always disappearing and I would keep having to update the PVR IPTV Simple Client to get them back so I decided to give IPTV Merge a try and it installed successfully. I created the .iptv_merge file in the sling add-on directory and did Add > Add-on method and that added a URL to the playlist and EPG. I also setup the IPTV Simple Client and then did a 'Run Merge' and after it finished I didn't see any guide data so I checked the EPG section and the URL to guide.xml was in red and the error message is 'not well-formed (invalid token): line 41779, column 30'. Do you have any idea's of what could be wrong? It would be great if I could get this add-on working and it fixes the problem of the Sling channels always disappearing.
So I uninstalled the IPTV Merge add-on and I am still not getting any guide data for the Sling channels so the issue must be with the Sling add-on.
sounds like your sling install may be outputting an invalid xml file
This often happens if it hasn't escaped strings etc.
(2020-10-28, 22:01)matthuisman Wrote: sounds like your sling install may be outputting an invalid xml file

I tried another TV running Kodi and it's not getting any guide data for the Sling channels either... It must be a problem with the source of the guide data.
(2020-10-28, 23:01)Powersurge65 Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 22:01)matthuisman Wrote: sounds like your sling install may be outputting an invalid xml file

I tried another TV running Kodi and it's not getting any guide data for the Sling channels either... It must be a problem with the source of the guide data.
My sling guide is empty as of today.  All was working fine until today.
I've tried the usual...delete the guide data, and tell sling to download all the channels and guide data again. Still nothing.
Something is definitely up with the guide data, either coming from Sling or the integration of it on kodi side.
looking at the source - as far as I can tell - there is no xml escaping being done.
So if a program had any special xml characters (eg. < or > or ") in it's information, then the XML would become invalid.

@d21spike just need to do
python:
from xml.sax.saxutils import escape

prg += ' <title lang="en">%s</title>\n' % escape(title)
(same for subtitle, description etc)
(2020-10-29, 02:13)matthuisman Wrote: looking at the source - as far as I can tell - there is no xml escaping being done.
So if a program had any special xml characters (eg. < or > or ") in it's information, then the XML would become invalid.

python:

Hi, I just registered on the forum for this post.  I looked at the guide.xml with xmllint and it spotted a bunch of unescaped '&' so I followed your suggestion to escape strings in the guide.py file.

My Sling guide is now producing properly escaped xml and Kodi's TV guide is back to normal.  Included is the patch (sorry, no GitHub account) to addons/plugin.video.sling/resources/lib/service.

Be sure to backup your guide.py, you know, just in case.  Restarting kodi may be required.

Thanks for the clue!

diff:
--- guide.py.orig    2020-05-21 05:46:04.000000000 -0400
+++ guide.py    2020-10-28 22:47:46.000000000 -0400
@@ -1,5 +1,6 @@
 from resources.lib.globals import *
 from resources.lib.classes.auth import Auth
+from xml.sax.saxutils import escape

if sys.version_info.major == 2:
     from SimpleHTTPServer import SimpleHTTPRequestHandler
@@ -135,8 +136,8 @@

channels = self.getChannels()
         for channel_id, title, logo, url, genre in channels:
-            channel = '<channel id="%s">\n' % channel_id
-            channel += '    <display-name lang="en">%s</display-name>\n' % title
+            channel = '<channel id="%s">\n' % escape(channel_id)
+            channel += '    <display-name lang="en">%s</display-name>\n' % escape(title)
             channel += '</channel>\n'
             html.write(channel.encode())

@@ -167,11 +168,11 @@

prg = ''
                 prg += '<programme start="%s" stop="%s" channel="%s">\n' % (start_time, stop_time, channel_id)
-                prg += '    <title lang="en">%s</title>\n' % title
-                prg += '    <sub-title lang="en">%s</sub-title>\n' % sub_title
-                prg += '    <desc lang="en">%s</desc>\n' % desc
+                prg += '    <title lang="en">%s</title>\n' % escape(title)
+                prg += '    <sub-title lang="en">%s</sub-title>\n' % escape(sub_title)
+                prg += '    <desc lang="en">%s</desc>\n' % escape(desc)
                 for genre in genres:
-                    prg += '    <category lang="en">%s</category>\n' % str(strip(genre)).strip().capitalize()
+                    prg += '    <category lang="en">%s</category>\n' % escape(str(strip(genre)).strip().capitalize())
                 prg += '    <icon src="%s"/>\n' % icon
                 prg += '</programme>\n'
might also want
python:
prg += '<programme start="%s" stop="%s" channel="%s">\n' % (start_time, stop_time, escape(channel_id))
depends on what the ids are. if they are known to be good (eg. channel number or int id), then don't need
If known to be good, you can also remove the escape you did for the <channel> entry
(2020-10-29, 05:26)sbmag Wrote:
(2020-10-29, 02:13)matthuisman Wrote: looking at the source - as far as I can tell - there is no xml escaping being done.

python:

Hi, I just registered on the forum for this post.  I looked at the guide.xml with xmllint and it spotted a bunch of unescaped '&' so I followed your suggestion to escape strings in the guide.py file.

My Sling guide is now producing properly escaped xml and Kodi's TV guide is back to normal.  Included is the patch (sorry, no GitHub account) to addons/plugin.video.sling/resources/lib/service.

Be sure to backup your guide.py, you know, just in case.  Restarting kodi may be required.

Thanks for the clue!

diff:
--- guide.py.orig    2020-05-21 05:46:04.000000000 -0400
+++ guide.py    2020-10-28 22:47:46.000000000 -0400
@@ -1,5 +1,6 @@
 from resources.lib.globals import *
 from resources.lib.classes.auth import Auth
+from xml.sax.saxutils import escape

if sys.version_info.major == 2:
     from SimpleHTTPServer import SimpleHTTPRequestHandler
@@ -135,8 +136,8 @@

channels = self.getChannels()
         for channel_id, title, logo, url, genre in channels:
-            channel = '<channel id="%s">\n' % channel_id
-            channel += '    <display-name lang="en">%s</display-name>\n' % title
+            channel = '<channel id="%s">\n' % escape(channel_id)
+            channel += '    <display-name lang="en">%s</display-name>\n' % escape(title)
             channel += '</channel>\n'
             html.write(channel.encode())

@@ -167,11 +168,11 @@

prg = ''
                 prg += '<programme start="%s" stop="%s" channel="%s">\n' % (start_time, stop_time, channel_id)
-                prg += '    <title lang="en">%s</title>\n' % title
-                prg += '    <sub-title lang="en">%s</sub-title>\n' % sub_title
-                prg += '    <desc lang="en">%s</desc>\n' % desc
+                prg += '    <title lang="en">%s</title>\n' % escape(title)
+                prg += '    <sub-title lang="en">%s</sub-title>\n' % escape(sub_title)
+                prg += '    <desc lang="en">%s</desc>\n' % escape(desc)
                 for genre in genres:
-                    prg += '    <category lang="en">%s</category>\n' % str(strip(genre)).strip().capitalize()
+                    prg += '    <category lang="en">%s</category>\n' % escape(str(strip(genre)).strip().capitalize())
                 prg += '    <icon src="%s"/>\n' % icon
                 prg += '</programme>\n'
Sorry I am feeling a little slow on the uptake, and did not understand your specific route to fix the empty guide.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0