Kodi users, do you actually use Kodi to browse your image collection? Experiences ple
Hey guys,,

I know Kodi is an all inclusive media platform, not just for movies, music and streaming. But I do not see many users for image viewing, and I am curious. Mostly I would like to know how you sort your myriad collection. I believe Kodi would just display the images and do not do any sorting/databasing of images, so how do you sort and organise your image library? Is it througn native OS software or through third party apps like Google Photos/Picasa. What would be a neat and free way to organise the pictures without getting them uploaded to cloud etc?
I know, multiple queries. I want to explore this, hence all the doubts, please provide your suggestions. Thanks
Kodi is not a picture/photo collection organizer by any means. It is simply a viewer.
There are many capable tools available for taking up that organizing 'challenge'.

I rarely use the photo viewer. Only to show the proverbial holiday snapshots to family members.
Other than that I find the current photo viewer setup not that appealing.
It has been at the bottom of the development ladder the last year(s).
there is not  much that can be done with image lay out in a skin
i had a go at alayouy like videos no luck
I mainly use the Pictures slideshow screensaver to actually view the photos (when the kodi system is on pause or simply not in use for a few minutes it kicks in)..but also do use the browser to view images fairly regularly.  It's not awesome but pretty functional really for basic viewing.  I point it a a folder of exported JPGs that are all pre-sized to fit 1920 by 1080 - which was intended as a Kodi friendly library that could also handle simple print purposes up to 6 by 4".  That has worked very well over the years (...I do plan to re-export this 'fast library' as 4k files at some point).

All actual photo work, and bigger prints stuff, is done in Lightroom.  But having this easy fast album and kodi means it's easy to do quick slideshows.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2020-01-28, 12:50)Ramond Wrote: Hey guys,,

I know Kodi is an all inclusive media platform, not just for movies, music and streaming. But I do not see many users for image viewing, and I am curious. Mostly I would like to know how you sort your myriad collection. I believe Kodi would just display the images and do not do any sorting/databasing of images, so how do you sort and organise your image library? Is it througn reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/ pcbuilder.onl/pcpartpicker/ native OS software or through third party apps like Google Photos/Picasa. What would be a neat and free way to organise the pictures without getting them uploaded to cloud etc?
I know, multiple queries. I want to explore this, hence all the doubts, please provide your suggestions. Thanks

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi users, do you actually use Kodi to browse your image collection? Experiences ple0