• 15(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2020-05-03, 07:23)ferdinand Wrote: I'm new to this program so forgive me about this question, ISO file scanning can only be done with VCDmount and DTAgent executables? What do they do? Are they only used to mount the ISO files?
Yes, it's needed to mount the ISO files. But only Virtual CloneDrive is supported (I've to fix the text in settings).

(2020-05-03, 07:23)ferdinand Wrote: I also want to make a request, can you please add Spanish-MX to the supported languages? TMDB has two separate languages for Spanish, one for Spain and the other for Latin America (which is ES-MX).
Add this inside the <core.scraperlanguages> ... </core.scraperlanguages> to the .\Ember Media Manager\Profiles\PROFILENAME\Core.ScraperLanguages.xml:
xml:

<language>
    <name>Spanish (Mexico)</name>
    <abbreviation>es-MX</abbreviation>
  </language>
(2020-05-03, 18:17)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, it's needed to mount the ISO files. But only Virtual CloneDrive is supported (I've to fix the text in settings).

Oh good to know. Is there a possibility to add support for WinCDEmu? Can be executed through cli.

(2020-05-03, 18:17)DanCooper Wrote: Add this inside the <core.scraperlanguages> ... </core.scraperlanguages> to the .\Ember Media Manager\Profiles\PROFILENAME\Core.ScraperLanguages.xml:
xml:

<language>
    <name>Spanish (Mexico)</name>
    <abbreviation>es-MX</abbreviation>
  </language>

Thank you, will try this right now.
(2020-05-04, 09:11)ferdinand Wrote: Oh good to know. Is there a possibility to add support for WinCDEmu? Can be executed through cli.
I take a look at the software.
Hi Dan , Any chance of updating the studio icons to reflect all the new streaming services , e.g. ember still does not have a studio icon for Netflix . then we have Disney+, Disney Universe etc etc.
(2020-05-06, 01:33)shaktoo Wrote: Hi Dan , Any chance of updating the studio icons to reflect all the new streaming services , e.g. ember still does not have a studio icon for Netflix . then we have Disney+, Disney Universe etc etc.
No, it's not on my to-do list. I would have to try Photoshop to achieve a result similar to the existing logos. And I think others can do that better than me ...
(2020-05-06, 14:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-05-06, 01:33)shaktoo Wrote: Hi Dan , Any chance of updating the studio icons to reflect all the new streaming services , e.g. ember still does not have a studio icon for Netflix . then we have Disney+, Disney Universe etc etc.
No, it's not on my to-do list. I would have to try Photoshop to achieve a result similar to the existing logos. And I think others can do that better than me  
@DanCooper : No problemo, Thankx for your continuing hard work ! Its always appreciated.
I have a strange use case bug.
My scrapers are setup like this

I use TVDb to get the majority of what i need

IMDb to get just ratings

Then TMDb to get any missing stuff

So what should happen is I should get everything from TVDb except the shows main Actors which will be pulled from TMDb and only the episode Actors/Guest Stars should be pulled from TVDb. But it's pulling all of it from TVDb until I refresh the show.
It's hard to explain. I clear all the actors from the show

Clear all the actors from the episodes

Rescrape the show and select all the images, then the popup at the end that shows the actor images from TMDb

After clicking OK you can see the images on the right are not the ones which I just seen from the box above

So I double click the show to check, and I see TVDb images. If I was to click OK here it would add those images to the nfo file

Now if I refresh the show I see TMDb images again

But that then changes the episode images from TVDb to TMDb similar to above until I refresh all the episodes. I know I went on a rant but it's bugging the shit outta me that it wont work lol
Just got a Ransomware warning from my A/V when I went to scrape a single movie - for a new trailer.  Trend Micro blocked EMM and says it can't recover the files in that movie folder.  WTF?  Anybody else have this issue?
(2020-05-14, 06:28)puulima Wrote: Just got a Ransomware warning from my A/V when I went to scrape a single movie - for a new trailer.  Trend Micro blocked EMM and says it can't recover the files in that movie folder.  WTF?  Anybody else have this issue?
LOL, why is the font so huge?!?

Never mind...edited.
(2020-05-14, 06:28)puulima Wrote: Just got a Ransomware warning from my A/V when I went to scrape a single movie - for a new trailer.  Trend Micro blocked EMM and says it can't recover the files in that movie folder.  WTF?  Anybody else have this issue?
Usually that are false positive detection based on the fact Ember's EXE (version) is not used by a lot of other users of this A/V. If the A/V shows you a warning you should put Ember installation folder to a whitelist.
Wink 
hello thank you very much for this very good work. I'm new to the group, I have a question about the 14.x version the "Trailer URL" was automatically when the scrape added.
In version 15.x, this is no longer the case, you have to edit and force. Is it possible to set this part automatically ?
thank you
(2020-05-14, 12:27)LaurNet Wrote: hello thank you very much for this very good work. I'm new to the group, I have a question about the 14.x version the "Trailer URL" was automatically when the scrape added.
In version 15.x, this is no longer the case, you have to edit and force. Is it possible to set this part automatically ?
thank you
That's still working the same way like on older versions: you have to enable the "Settings => Movies => Scraper -Data => Global Fields => Trailer" checkbox and also a data scraper that provides trailer links.
But i had to remove the IMDb Trailer links because they now are 480p only and very laborious to parse. The only data scraper with trailer links is now TMDb (provides YouTube links). Now i use the officially YouTube API to get the infos for a YouTube link and with many old videos the information says "not playable" even the video on the YouTube website is playable. That's the reason why also TMDb not provides a lot of links and something i've to check and do a workaround or re-implement the old way to check if a video/link is working or not.

IMO trailer links are a bad solution to get trailers. I prefer the download of trailers because videos on YouTube can be removed after a long time. The Trailer scrapers can only be used for downloading, not to get links while data scraping. The only way to use the trailer scrapers as trailer link generator is the manually way over the Edit dialog. This will be changed in Ember 2.0, but I'm unable to do that in Ember 1.5.
Hi Komplex,
Thank you so much for sharing your TV Show settings (Scrapers - Data). I had recently just upgraded from the last version of Ember (think it was from back in 2015) to version 1.5 but never updated the settings (and what I used was probably recommended by someone 5 years ago). I had been using only the TVDB scrapper - all other were disabled for Scrapers - Data (probably explains why I had shows that went from showing a rating with 9 votes and when I did a refresh, the same show would show a rating with 70,000 votes - seriously). 

Since my Scrapers-Data settings were way out of wack (now updated) using what you listed, would you be willing to share your Scraper - Images settings? I have 3 enabled, in order: FanartTV, TMDB, TVDB and all options have been clicked/checked. Maybe for images it does not really matter as much? Even though I have used Ember for over 5 years (thank you Dan for this great app), still a newbie as far as settings go. 

Not sure if any of this depends on how/what your setup is.....I store movies/tvshows on several NAS, have Kodi 18.6 installed on 2 Nvidia TV Shields (older versions) and use default skin, Estuary. Simple setup that works fine for both me and my wife.

gully
Greetings. I've been trying to get season titles from ember created tvshow.nfo into Kodi and failing miserably. To be precise I can get ember to scrape the season names but Kodi's scraping won't "see" them from the nfo.
(Example TV shows are American horror story, Westworld or the sinner)

However kodi's (v18 Leia) tmdb scraper does seem to be able to scrape season names on its own if I rename/delete tvshow.nfo .

Question is, is that a known issue and I should give up regarding season names or should I keep looking for some err on my config?

Also is there any option I'm forgetting that will enable ember to overwrite image files? (SMB share, permissions are fine) I have to delete existing files if I want to change artwork.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2