• 35(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
I found (and fixed) a bug when determining the preferred trailer.

At the same time, I noticed that the automatic selection of the trailer based on the preferred settings is probably not entirely logical. For information: a trailer can contain different resolutions (such as YouTube).

The trailer is currently being determined as follows:

Possible settings:
  • Scraper order: is taken into account and sorted accordingly
  • Preferred resolution: 144p to 2160p or Any
  • Minimum quality (if not "any" preferred): 144p to 2160p or Any

Steps to get the trailer:
  • If "preferred quality" = any => first trailer in the list (resolution irrelevant) will be used
  • If "preferred quality" = 144p to 2160p => first trailer with a video stream of this quality will be used
  • If none found in "preferred quality" => now it gets complicated and somewhat illogical => first trailer that has the "minimum" or higher quality

Why illogical?
Assuming "preferred" is 720p, "minimum" is 480p:
If none of the trailers has a video stream with 720p, the first trailer has a 480p and the second 1080p, then the first one (the worse one) is used, as this one is the first to meet the requirements.
This happens because the scraper order is respected. But I would actually prefer a trailer in 1080p, even if it comes from the secondary scraper.

What do you think? Should the order of trailers be ignored in the future in favor of quality? Reply with "Order is everything!" or "Beautiful people want beautiful trailers!"
(2021-01-13, 22:37)DanCooper Wrote: I found (and fixed) a bug when determining the preferred trailer.

At the same time, I noticed that the automatic selection of the trailer based on the preferred settings is probably not entirely logical. For information: a trailer can contain different resolutions (such as YouTube).

Possible settings:

• If "preferred quality" = any => first trailer in the list (resolution irrelevant) will be used
  • If "preferred quality" = 144p to 2160p => first trailer with a video stream of this quality will be used
  • If none found in "preferred quality" => now it gets complicated and somewhat illogical => first trailer that has the "minimum" or higher quality

Why illogical?
If none of the trailers has a video stream with 720p, the first trailer has a 480p and the second 1080p, then the first one (the worse one) is used, as this one is the first to meet the requirements.
This happens because the scraper order is respected. But I would actually prefer a trailer in 1080p, even if it comes from the secondary scraper.

What do you think? Should the order of trailers be ignored in the future in favor of quality? Reply with "Order is everything!" or "Beautiful people want beautiful trailers!"

Beautiful people want beautiful trailers! Smile
(2021-01-13, 22:37)DanCooper Wrote: I found (and fixed) a bug when determining the preferred trailer.

Possible settings:

Why illogical?

Order is everything!

Because I want german trailers first, fallback to english (with other scapers) only in emergency
Version 1.9.2
TV Search result exists, but no preview (even after I clicked the search result) and button are greyed
P.S. It's not the problem of unicode character, the bug happend on english search too

It's fine on 1.9.1/before.
The only solution for me without downgrade is click the "Manual TVDB Entry" and type the ID, but it is very annoying.
Because 1.9.2 fixed the non-english poster/fanart issue, I  don't want to downgrade.
(2021-01-17, 17:58)skyeia Wrote: The only solution for me without downgrade is click the "Manual TVDB Entry" and type the ID, but it is very annoying.
Yes, another user already told me that bug. I've fixed it, next release should come out in a few hours.
Good afternoon. I am new to using this tool, so sorry if the question has an obvious answer. I have several movie collections. Avenger, Spider-man, Star wars etc etc.
When scraping, the films are automatically combined in the collections section, but what I cannot do is download the posters and / or fanart of said collections. Is it within the possibilities of the emeber media manager to carry out this action?
Thanx!!
(2021-01-18, 02:30)defleppard Wrote: When scraping, the films are automatically combined in the collections section, but what I cannot do is download the posters and / or fanart of said collections. Is it within the possibilities of the emeber media manager to carry out this action?
You have to set a common folder for all movieset images under Settings => Moviesets => Files and Sources => File Naming => Path, enable all file names for the image types you want (checkboxes) and enable one or more scrapers. After this settings you are able to scrape the moviesets like movies in the main menu if you switch the tab to "Sets".
(2021-01-18, 11:46)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-01-18, 02:30)defleppard Wrote: When scraping, the films are automatically combined in the collections section, but what I cannot do is download the posters and / or fanart of said collections. Is it within the possibilities of the emeber media manager to carry out this action?
You have to set a common folder for all movieset images under Settings => Moviesets => Files and Sources => File Naming => Path, enable all file names for the image types you want (checkboxes) and enable one or more scrapers. After this settings you are able to scrape the moviesets like movies in the main menu if you switch the tab to "Sets".
Thanx @DanCooper . I found it..

Now..
it is possible to obtain the folder structure recognized by Kodi Matrix?
https://kodi.wiki/images/a/ac/LocalMovieSetsArt01.jpg
Just wondering if someone could answer a newbie question for me.

I've been using TVDB and TMDB in Kodi for all my scraping needs but have found that they often don't pick up many of the Movies/TV Series in my collection (probably due to naming issues and what not). Anyways, I decided to look for a media manager and came across EMM.

I think I mostly have it setup correctly but what i'm wondering is the following.

1) If i'm using Ember do I still select TVDB/TMDB in Kodi or should I be going with Local Information Only?

2) How do I push the Ember Media Manager changes to Kodi? Do I just scan for changes/update the library in Kodi or do I need to clean the library?

Thanks!
(2021-01-19, 23:14)defleppard Wrote:
(2021-01-18, 11:46)DanCooper Wrote:

Now..
Hello, thanks for this great work DanCooper.
I have the same problem with directory structure. is it possible to have the same structure as 1.2 : Movie sets artwork - Official Kodi Wiki  Movie_sets_artwork (wiki)
Thanks
(2021-01-20, 00:24)cabro Wrote: 1) If i'm using Ember do I still select TVDB/TMDB in Kodi or should I be going with Local Information Only?

2) How do I push the Ember Media Manager changes to Kodi? Do I just scan for changes/update the library in Kodi or do I need to clean the library?
1:  In Kodi you select local information.  If not, Kodi will skip the nfo and scrape all the data from the web.
2:  If you make changes to images/nfo etc these will not be picked up again automatically.  You need to refresh your source folder by doing this:

1. Remove a source/folder from the library by changing the content setting to "None". 
2. When Kodi asks you if you want to remove those items from the library, say yes. 
3. Kodi will then show a progress bar and remove those entries. 
4. Change the content setting back to what it was before (in this case local....). 
5. Kodi will then rescan in those entries and pull down the new images, data etc

The clean functionis to to tidy up the the kodi database that holds all the info.
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2021-01-21, 10:48)FlashPan Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 00:24)cabro Wrote: 1) If i'm using Ember do I still select TVDB/TMDB in Kodi or should I be going with Local Information Only?

1:  In Kodi you select local information.  If not, Kodi will skip the nfo and scrape all the data from the web.
2:  If you make changes to images/nfo etc these will not be picked up again automatically.  You need to refresh your source folder by doing this:

1. Remove a source/folder from the library by changing the content setting to "None". 
2. When Kodi asks you if you want to remove those items from the library, say yes. 
3. Kodi will then show a progress bar and remove those entries. 
4. Change the content setting back to what it was before (in this case local....). 
5. Kodi will then rescan in those entries and pull down the new images, data etc

The clean functionis to to tidy up the the kodi database that holds all the info.
I believe the changes can be synced also by using EMM so that you don't need to remove and add content in the library. You just need to setup things accordingly, select items you want to sync and use the right click menu to do it.
(2021-01-20, 11:38)LaurNet Wrote:
(2021-01-19, 23:14)defleppard Wrote:
(2021-01-18, 11:46)DanCooper Wrote: You have to set a common folder for all movieset images under Settings => Moviesets => Files and Sources => File Naming => Path, enable all file names for the image types you want (checkboxes) and enable one or more scrapers. After this settings you are able to scrape the moviesets like movies in the main menu if you switch the tab to "Sets".

Now..
Hello, thanks for this great work DanCooper.
I have the same problem with directory structure. is it possible to have the same structure as 1.2 : Movie sets artwork - Official Kodi Wiki  Movie_sets_artwork (wiki)
Thanks
Yes it's possible with the restriction that Ember does not support multiple fanarts as "fanart1.jpg", "fanarts2.jpg" etc.
Go to Settings => MovieSets => Files and Sources => File Naming => Expert and set a common folder for movieset images and file names like in the example:

Usually you could use Tools => Rewrite MovieSets Content to get the new file names created but i've found a bug in Ember 1.9.2 and lower which prevents the files from being rewritten. As workaround you can open the edit dialog for each movieset on click OK or select all entries and use e.g. Context menu => rescrape single datafield => Title to trigger the rewrite of all movieset content (You can also "lock" the titles in the settings so that they are not changed under any circumstances).

I will fix the bug in Ember 1.9.3 and also add predefined settings for Kodi 19 movieset file naming.
(2021-01-21, 10:48)FlashPan Wrote: 1:  In Kodi you select local information.  If not, Kodi will skip the nfo and scrape all the data from the web.
That is not entirely correct. Kodi still use the NFO and already stored images if they are available but tries to scrape part of the information if Kodi think there is something missing. Also videos without a NFO will be scraped automatically.
But if you work with a Media Manager the scraper "local information only" is always the best way because you get the same result that you've in the manager.

(2021-01-21, 10:48)FlashPan Wrote: 2:  If you make changes to images/nfo etc these will not be picked up again automatically.  You need to refresh your source folder by doing this:
Kodi never recognize changes on an video that's already added to the Kodi database (except images because the images cache checks the images periodically and refresh the cache if needed, but it takes hours for the refresh to be triggered). Also "Database update" does never re-read already added videos or NFOs. The only way to re-read or refresh the information with Kodi-only is to manually open the information dialog or the way you describes... or you use the Kodi Interface in Ember.
You should always use "local information only" if you work with a media manager.

(2021-01-20, 00:24)cabro Wrote: 2) How do I push the Ember Media Manager changes to Kodi? Do I just scan for changes/update the library in Kodi or do I need to clean the library?
You've to use the Kodi Interface in Ember to push and sync changes with Kodi in real time.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2