• 39(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
A small status update: Two weeks ago I wanted to quickly incorporate multi-rating, "Premiered" instead of "ReleaseDate" (for movies) and also support for keyarts, and thought that I could take over most of that from Ember 3.0. Unfortunately the whole thing "degenerated" again and I've been writing code since 2 weeks. It will probably take another week until there is a new release. In the meantime you can secure an API key at OMDb, because there will also be a new scraper for IMDb, RT and Metacritic ;-)
(2021-02-07, 01:09)DanCooper Wrote: A small status update: Two weeks ago I wanted to quickly incorporate multi-rating, "Premiered" instead of "ReleaseDate" (for movies) and also support for keyarts, and thought that I could take over most of that from Ember 3.0. Unfortunately the whole thing "degenerated" again and I've been writing code since 2 weeks. It will probably take another week until there is a new release. In the meantime you can secure an API key at OMDb, because there will also be a new scraper for IMDb, RT and Metacritic ;-)

Thanks for the update, Dan.
(2021-02-07, 00:59)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 17:16)Hairy Hippy Wrote: however when I mark it again as the same dark blue to clear the custom, it turns a light blue
Custom #4 is light blue by default. Another way to check if the movie has more than one custom marking is to use the filter tab below the list and select each custom marking filter successively. It's possible to set all markers at the same time for a movie.
I think i need a new way (not colors) to get a better solution for custom marking in Ember 3.0 Smile
(2021-02-06, 17:16)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Regarding the title sorting, you are right if I am sorting by "title" or "original title", however, if I sort by say "MPAA", most titles are sorted in alphabetical order, except for movies starting with an accent or cedilla.  Why would these be moved to the end of the MPAA section (e.g. UK:12 or UK:15) when sorting in this manner instead of how they are sorted if using the title sort?
Goof question... I'm not shure how .NET sorts or determines the second row to sort. I think i don't have set any column so that it's still ordered by title if you use another column as primary column.
I've not marked any with custom #4 as only using #1 and #2 at the moment, so it's odd that when I mark something with #2, when I unmark it, it turns light blue.  However, if I now click custom #4 it now turns black text  Smile !  Odd step to have to take but at least it solves the issue.

As for the sorting, not the end of the world but so annoying!  Rofl
Bit of a weird one today...

EMM scrapped and created the nfo (today) however when I reload the movie (F5) or rescan the library, for some reason EMM is changing this to a ".info" (aka invalid .nfo).  Very strange...  Only one EMM is doing this to; all others created today are fine.

Please let me know what other information you need to try to resolve this as it's happening every time I rescan the library.  I have asked EMM to recreate the nfo (twice) and when it changing it to .info, changing it back to .nfo manually.

Edit:  I had a good look through the nfo and the only thing I could find/think could be causing the issue was the below, so I deleted it out of the .nfo and it worked.  Question though, if EMM created it, then why would it think this is invalid?

<audio>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <language>Unknown</language>
        <longlanguage>gos&#x3;</longlanguage>
      </audio>
(2021-02-07, 01:09)DanCooper Wrote: A small status update: Two weeks ago I wanted to quickly incorporate multi-rating, "Premiered" instead of "ReleaseDate" (for movies) and also support for keyarts, and thought that I could take over most of that from Ember 3.0. Unfortunately the whole thing "degenerated" again and I've been writing code since 2 weeks. It will probably take another week until there is a new release. In the meantime you can secure an API key at OMDb, because there will also be a new scraper for IMDb, RT and Metacritic ;-)
Thank you for the update Dan.

I have not had a chance to use the latest version yet or EMM at all since TVDB moved to a subscription service. What is the recommended scraper order for TV shows right now?
Exclamation 
Hi,

Sorry if my question is quite naive.

I am installing EMM 1.9 on my new device (PC under windows 10). I want to use Kodi Interface using default configuration (localhost port 8080) as before. I got an error "Problème de communication avec l'hôte" meaning unable to connect to host.
Checking on old device with EMM 1.5, I got the same error.
Can you give me any advice?

Moreover, a wiki on KI setting will be great. It is quite difficult to find valuable information on the forum.

Last but not least, you mention that Bonjour application is required to use KI through a network. This application is no more available on Apple site. Can you provide a new link?

Thanks for your job, EMM is very power- and useful anyway.
All the best
(2021-02-10, 16:00)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Bit of a weird one today...

EMM scrapped and created the nfo (today) however when I reload the movie (F5) or rescan the library, for some reason EMM is changing this to a ".info" (aka invalid .nfo).  Very strange...  Only one EMM is doing this to; all others created today are fine.

Please let me know what other information you need to try to resolve this as it's happening every time I rescan the library.  I have asked EMM to recreate the nfo (twice) and when it changing it to .info, changing it back to .nfo manually.

Edit:  I had a good look through the nfo and the only thing I could find/think could be causing the issue was the below, so I deleted it out of the .nfo and it worked.  Question though, if EMM created it, then why would it think this is invalid?

<audio>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <codec>aac</codec>
      </audio>

I have seen this Happen when another software is actually writing nfo & then ember turns that into an .info and creates a new one or vice versa. 
Do you have radarr or similar setup as that can create a basic nfo .
Or did you install any other media manager ?
Hello,
First; i tell you that I find : EMM is really great  Cool

Then, I have took the time to modify the "MovieHomepage" export template in French and I have took the opportunity to correct some display bugs, and add the links of the Youtube-trailers. I can send it to you if someone is interested...
Too bad there is not the "TVShows" and "Sets" part that works (for these last parts, I have modified the "modernWallCard" template in French).

But I am writing to you for something else:

I started to fill-in the URL-YouTube-trailer of each Movies, and until yesterday, in the "Edit Movies tabs", I clicked on the green "+" on the "Trailer URL:" line, a new window opens it, and there I can click on "Search".
Yesterday, February 18, 2021, after a while, a list was added, and I could choose a trailer.

I had already done almost half of my media-library, but since this morning, 19.02.2021, when I click on "Search", I have a return pop-up:"No Trailers found"; and on all "Edit Movies tabs".
I tried to search for two or three movies, directly on the youtube page in my internet-browser, and I find trailer-links there on the internet. But when I copy the YouTube-URL of the page found in the "Custom" -> "Direct Link or Youtube URL" field of the "Select Trailer to download"-page, and I click on "Set To Nfo", the program searches for the link and displays after a while return pop-up:"No Trailers found", but the link is working great Huh

Does Youtube "broken" something in the "search API" of the EMM program ? Confused

PS: In the meantime, I copy the link found from my Internet-Browser directly into the "Trailer URL" field (without clicking on the "+" green) in the "Edit Movies tabs" and "OK", and there the Nfo and the database is updated Wink But is nice if the "+" green" works again....
(2021-02-19, 03:24)shaktoo Wrote:
(2021-02-10, 16:00)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Bit of a weird one today...

<audio>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <codec>aac</codec>
      </audio>

I have seen this Happen when another software is actually writing nfo & then ember turns that into an .info and creates a new one or vice versa. 
Do you have radarr or similar setup as that can create a basic nfo .
Or did you install any other media manager ?
No only EMM.  What was weird was EMM created the nfo in the 1st place only minutes before, then when reloaded (as I moved the movie to its correct folder) it then changed it to .info.
Is it possible to use collection <set> for tvshow.nfo?
EMM always remove my existing <set> tag when the nfo saved.
(2021-02-26, 12:23)skyeia Wrote: Is it possible to use collection <set> for tvshow.nfo?
No
Then... I would like to suggest to keep existing <set> tag in tvshow.nfo file in Ember X.0
as plex already support collection for tv show
(2021-02-26, 14:31)skyeia Wrote: Then... I would like to suggest to keep existing <set> tag in tvshow.nfo file in Ember X.0
as plex already support collection for tv show
It's not a question of "keep" or "don't keep". Ember reads all nodes of an XML if Ember knows the node and save it to the database. If you edit or scrape only values that Ember holds in the own DB will be written to the NFO... and the NFO will be newly created each time, not edited in some ways. So I've to add support for tv show sets. Feel free to add a feature request: Link
Hey there,
I'm having some trouble getting movieset posters picked up. First off, I'm running EMM 1.9.2 and Kodi 19 on my android TV, which connects to an SMB share on my server. I have my movie library configured to use "local info only" and I provide all scraped metadata through scraping with Ember. Movies work perfectly. I have just tried to configure the movieset posters as described in this sticky. I created a sub-directory in my movie source ("Movies\_meta_movieset_artwork") which I configured in three places:
  1. In EMM settings- Modules - Kodi Interface module - Artwork Folder ("smb://server/media_share/Video/Movies/_meta_movieset_artwork")
  2. In EMM settings - Moviesets - Files and Sources Path ("\\server\media_share\Video\Movies\_meta_movieset_artwork"), and checked all the boxes for Kodi Interface
  3. On the Kodi side (TV) - Settings - Media - Videos - Movie set information folder ("smb://server/media_share/Video/Movies/_meta_movieset_artwork")

Currently all scraped images are downloading to the set directory just fine but Kodi doesn't automatically pick them up and just shows a blank spot where the image should be, not even the poster of one of the movies in the set as I had previously. Am I wrongly assuming the Kodi interface connection should configure the images for all the sets? I am able to manually configure the movieset posters in Kodi with the images EMM dropped in that directory but I need them to be configured automatically since there's way too many of them. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Did something change since the latest Kodi 19 release that I haven't accounted for?

Any help is much appreciated!
(2021-02-28, 18:26)Nemura Wrote: I am able to manually configure the movieset posters in Kodi with the images EMM dropped in that directory
That at least means that Kodi has access rights to the folder, which is a good thing. What many users do wrong is that they do not exit the film view in Kodi after the sync so that the new images can be displayed. The film set images are only displayed if the film list is called up after syncing. Can you test that?
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2