• 1(current)
Release Multi Weather
This weather addon gets weather data from yahoo, weatherbit.io (optionally) and weather maps from openweathermap (optionally) .

The addon provides:
  • current weather
  • hourly weather (24 hours)
  • daily weather (yahoo: 10 days / weatherbit.io 16 days)
  • weather maps

In order to use weatherbit.io (optional), you need to sign up for an weather.io free api key:
https://www.weatherbit.io/

For the weather maps (optional), you'll need a free api key from openweathermaps:
http://openweathermap.org/appid

The addon is available through the Kodi addon repo for Kodi 19 (and up).

If you have issues with this addon, please post a Debug Log!

1 enable debug logging in kodi
2 enable logging in the multi weather addon settings
3 restart kodi
4 go to the weather window
5 wait a few minutes
6 post the entire kodi.log file on https://paste.kodi.tv/

You will receive NO support without a debug log.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey Ronie...

This sort of thing is a good idea.....seems to be there should ideally be just one super weather addon, for which folks (like me) can write python information providers, to an interface, for...which might save a bit of re-work in all the various addons and keep things very consistent.

Basically the super addon would say 'here's are the _possible_ things to fill up with data' ...and the info provider would fill up whatever it can from that...would be one step back from setting the skin labels etc. directly.

Obviously, different providers might have different limits for stuff, and the addon would need to cope with that when displaying data, but it would at least unify some the weather system.  Kind of like the 'Universal ... Scraper' stuff.

Any merit in that idea you think?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ronie, any chance of incorporating some of the code from the wundergroundpws addon that cytech put together? For those who have their own Personal Weather Station (PWS) it seems to provide some functionality that at least allows you to display weather info from your own PWS. This only works if you have your own PWS and can get a new personal api from weather underground. Do a google search or a search over on github and you should be able to find it. Read the README file for configuration details. It’s still a bit rough around the edges but has some promise I think. Kudos to cytech for working it up!
This has kind of broken my skin because I was doing one thing if provider is Yahoo and something else if provider is Weatherbit.io.  Is there some way of knowing which provider is available?

Update:  OK, I see now you concatenate all the providers you get data for, so I have to prioritize based on what's returned in the providers string.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Hi... Anyone know where I can find this add-on?  I don't see in the repos...,  Thanks in advance.
(2020-03-22, 19:20)nasa01 Wrote: Hi... Anyone know where I can find this add-on?  I don't see in the repos...,  Thanks in advance.

The addon is available through the Kodi addon repo for Kodi 19 (and up). If your running Leia Kodi 18.x it won't be available.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2020-03-22, 22:11)whysoserious Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 19:20)nasa01 Wrote: Hi... Anyone know where I can find this add-on?  I don't see in the repos...,  Thanks in advance.

The addon is available through the Kodi addon repo for Kodi 19 (and up). If your running Leia Kodi 18.x it won't be available. 
Thanks,

I am doing this on my NVIDIA Shield -- and didn't release those versions are still 18.
The readme documentation says extended property current.precipitation is the 3 hour accumulation; however what is actually returned is the yahoo precipitation probability.  The old weatherbit.io current.precipitation was the accumulation, but it isn't provided now in multi.

It might be nice to restore the accumulation, but probably better to use a new property for it as I think most (all?) weather addons are providing precipitation probability in current.precipitation.  Maybe something like current.accumulation.

Also the readme says current.snow is returned but it isn't.   (same issue -- it's in leia weatherbit but not returned now.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
thanx, i'll update the readme.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi, since I am Philip Arthur Dent I have a possibly incredibly stupid question.

The new Weather Service in Kodi looks fine to me, but I do no seem to be able to see the 
Weather maps.

I have (at least I think I have) put in the right keys at the right places but still no maps..
I have attached a log.
mod edit: removed

PAD.
@Philip_Arthur_Dent there's two things you can check:

- first double-check if the weather.multi addon is configured to download maps,

- second, and more likely to be your issue, check if the script.openweathermap.maps addon is enabled:

Settings > System > Addon > Manage Dependencies
(settings level needs to be set to advanced or expert)

(2020-04-19, 22:30)ronie Wrote: @Philip_Arthur_Dent there's two things you can check:

- second, and more likely to be your issue, check if the script.openweathermap.maps addon is enabled:

Thanks for the fast answer.
I set the MAP ZOOM Level to 4 as you have. Same result.
I see that you have a newer script.openweathermap.maps addon 1.0.5.
I have 1.0.4..
I have also the newest matrix... from yesterday.
(2020-04-19, 22:53)Philip_Arthur_Dent Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 22:30)ronie Wrote: @Philip_Arthur_Dent there's two things you can check:

Thanks for the fast answer.
I set the MAP ZOOM Level to 4 as you have. Same result.
I see that you have a newer script.openweathermap.maps addon 1.0.5.
I have 1.0.4..
I have also the newest matrix... from yesterday. 

Is there a trick to show the maps ? Smile
ah, i now remember there's an issue with weather.multi and recent kodi builds...
a fixed version of weather.multi is on it's way to the addon repo.
(2020-04-20, 01:28)ronie Wrote: ah, i now remember there's an issue with weather.multi and recent kodi builds...
a fixed version of weather.multi is on it's way to the addon repo.

Thank you, then I am not just mad or blind or something... else.. Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Weather0