How to Stop Kodi playing a m3u Playlist file
I have an m3u playlist file. I can play it in Kodi but I don't know how to STOP it from playing... how do I??

Cheers,

Flex
Ok, I found a way to stop playback using the WebInterface but is there a way to do it from the Kodi menu?

When you click the little open box to the right of the magnifying glass on the top left of the main menu screen this opens a screen for the playlist. In my case it is just an internet radio m3u stream.

I was thinking it should be possible to stop the stream playing from that screen somehow... like maybe left arrow would make the left menu pop out and then you could play/pause/stop the stream from playing there.

Is the Web Interface the only way to stop the m3u file from playing?

Cheers,

Flex
Pressing x on a keyboard doesn't stop it?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You don't provide any details on what koind of device you have Kodi installed on thus it's difficult to advise.

From your description it's the fullscreen button you've press here

Which get you getting to a screen looking like

or if Info osd is showing

If you have a full size remote then simply press Stop but I'm guess you don't, and if using a keyboard then you don't have a modern one with media keys then do as Karellen advised and use x. If you have a small limited remote with no dedicated stop button, then you can bring up the osd menu (how may vary depending on device type and input method) and use the stop button on there.

with a summary on the wiki at https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

If it's a keyboard you're using then the full set of controls can be found at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml and a summary at https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls
Thank you both.

I'm using LibreELEC on a Pi running Kodi 

My system details:
LibreELEC 9.2.0
Linux Kernel: 4.19.83
Kodi 18.5 (Git:newclock5_18.5-Leia)

At the moment I have a TV but no remote for it so am using the laptop keyboard with the web interface running in Chrome.

Pressing "x" works.

But I'm not able to pull up the OSD menu, which would be nice... With a radio stream playing I press the fullscreen button and from there I tried: m, return, enter... actually every button on my keyboard... but the OSD menu doesn't appear.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Flex
Ah that makes more sense, in order to use the keyboard controls you need a keyboard directly plugged into the Pi which why m won't work in the web interface, guess you were lucky and the the web interface knows what to be with x on the laptop keyboard. If you have a smartphone then could also try using one of the remote apps will also give you control of Kodi for example Kore on Android.
Thanks for clarifying.

Wow that Kore up will be so useful!

Flex

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Stop Kodi playing a m3u Playlist file0