Trying to test a new scraper, but it won't show up as an information source
Hey guys, I'm trying to write a new movie scraper. It's very early stages right now, but for some reason it doesn't show up under "Choose Information Provider" (only TMDb and local Information is listed). I'm doing this on a portable Kodi install so maybe that has something to do with it.

I've added it to a folder under portable_data\addons\ and I've created an addon.xml and scraper.xml as well. Kodi.log shows the plugin being loaded, and it is listed under dependencies as with a status of "Orphaned".

However, it does NOT show up under My add-ons list under either "Information Providers > Movies" or under "All"

What am I doing wrong?
Post your addon.xml file and maybe someone will spot the error.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
perhaps you're using an incorrect extension point in your addon.xml file?

for movie scrapers, it should be xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies

since it's currently listed under dependencies i suspect you're incorrectly using xbmc.metadata.scraper.library instead
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-03-08, 23:02)Karellen Wrote: Post your addon.xml file and maybe someone will spot the error.

Naturally after 2+ hours of banging my head against a wall before posting here, I figure it out 5 minutes afterwards. My addon.xml had:

<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.library"

Instead of

<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to test a new scraper, but it won't show up as an information source0