Req Mark to watch/listen later
What my wife and I'm missing is a function to mark a media file to watch/listen it later.
While browsing through the library sometimes, we're finding many titles and are thinking that we could watch or listen to them at a later date - and are writing them down to paper. But Kodi is such a great media center (and library!) that it should do this job.
Well, yes, I could make use of the function "add to favorites", but my favs are already well organized with media for daily use (radio stations, shortcuts, ...) and I'd find this unsuitable for our need of a "watch/listen later".
@LarryTheLeffa

That is a good suggestion. Let me move you to Feature Requests forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-10, 09:32)Karellen Wrote: @LarryTheLeffa

That is a good suggestion. Let me move you to Feature Requests forum.

*bump* Our paperlist is getting higher and higher  Wink
In the meantime perhaps you could create a 'Watchlist' folder in Favourites & just drop your shows in there, instead of using a pen & paper.
There's an addon called manageTags (forum) that might be useful to you.  Basically, you set-up a tag called 'Watch Later' or whatever.  Then when you're scrolling through your movies & find one you like, you click the context menu --> manage --> 'Tags' and add your movie to the 'Watch Later' tag.
Making a favorites file that allows for folders containing entries would be great, with sorting done through the side blade menu, just like in playlists.
There is a shortlist addon here... https://github.com/kcook98765/plugin.program.shortlist
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-05-12, 10:10)Karellen Wrote: There is a shortlist addon here... https://github.com/kcook98765/plugin.program.shortlist
I hate this when a/my thread is continued, but don't getting a notification about this Wink
Thanks for you suggestion! That is more or less exactly what I had in mind. I never got these "tag" add-ons to work due to python errors, but setting up "shortlist" was an easy task and is working to our satisfaction. One small issue I had was to restart Kodi/LE to get the shortlist menu entry to work. Hope that the plugin will still work with Kodi Nexus.

Again, thanks for this link!
(2022-10-19, 13:41)LarryTheLeffa Wrote: Hope that the plugin will still work with Kodi Nexus.

I just discovered this great Shortlist add-on recently too.  Exactly what I've liked to have had for years and couldn't be simpler.  Wish I'd stumbled upon it sooner.  Works like a charm using v20 Nexus for me.  I had to restart Kodi after installing and from then on works perfectly.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2022-10-19, 18:35)brazen1 Wrote: discovered this great Shortlist add-on recently
Plus one on that, so far works well with Nexus & Matrix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark to watch/listen later0