Opensubtitles by opensubtitles has stopped working since yesterday
Since the conversation here revolved more around my denial to make an account and use the other version of the addon rather than the problem itself, I had promised not to post again because it seems I was wasting my time. However, because the problem appeared again and it now occurs on other apps too, I am bringing it back up.

Other than that, I made some important discovery on how apps access the api, with the help of a friend that knows python. For that reason, I have patched my addon and it can now access the api anonymously again. I won't post anything here though, it will remain between him and me, and I am sure you can guess the why.
Have a nice day.
Sure, you want to dwell in anonymity, we have our thoughts on that, made you some suggestions you didn't like, now you found a workaround, but you're not willing to share because, well... we all know why.

So much for the concept of sharing via open source in the new world of me, me, ME !!!
Please mention the reasons behind "we have our thougts" and "we all know why". 

The concept of opensource is not only sharing what you have found, it is also to be open for everyone, which is NOT what the api is. On top of that, as I have said before, the attitude of some people in here make me unwilling to help others and share stuff in this forum in general. If you think that this attitude (= mocking other people for not doing what you do) is good for opensource, please mention why.

---edit
Also, why do you care about me not submitting the patch for that addon? You are the one who said that it is not created nor maintained by the kodi team.
(2020-04-07, 14:07)jim_p Wrote: Please mention the reasons behind "we have our thougts" and "we all know why". 

The concept of opensource is not only sharing what you have found, it is also to be open for everyone, which is NOT what the api is. On top of that, as I have said before, the attitude of some people in here make me unwilling to help others and share stuff in this forum in general. If you think that this attitude (= mocking other people for not doing what you do) is good for opensource, please mention why.

---edit
Also, why do you care about me not submitting the patch for that addon? You are the one who said that it is not created nor maintained by the kodi team.

Enough with your childish attitude please. Either get over yourself or don't, but don't troll.
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API
Here are some screenshots of the addon in action, with no credentials as you can see. 
https://imgur.com/a/q8hzuQ8

Do you still think I am trolling you about the workaround? Think again then.
And if you do think my behaviour is childish for not wanting to make credentials, what should I say for the behavior of others that are mocking me for not doing what they do?
API changed - we are allowing only authenticated API requests. Read here more:
https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopi...11&t=17110

During corona pandemic we can not scale our service as needed, so we have to do this in order to have service accessible, otherwise QOS would be really really bad.

We offer for user-agents (applications, scripts etc) to pay some monthly subscription fee, so users can avoid to provide their credentials.
Thank you for the reply. At least this one is more official and provides a much better explanation than the other posts in this thread.
(2020-04-12, 07:53)jim_p Wrote: Thank you for the reply. At least this one is more official and provides a much better explanation than the other posts in this thread.

This is exactly what I told you because it has always been the logical explanation of the situation.
The people behind this wonderful service don't even need to provide any information to us, we are not their customers.
Btw, not telling you what you want to hear is not mocking.

(2020-04-11, 19:03)jim_p Wrote: Here are some screenshots of the addon in action, with no credentials as you can see. 
https://imgur.com/a/q8hzuQ8

Do you still think I am trolling you about the workaround? Think again then.
And if you do think my behaviour is childish for not wanting to make credentials, what should I say for the behavior of others that are mocking me for not doing what they do?

According to what opensubtitles has posted here, if you make this public you are violating their TOS.
You will have to pay a monthly subscription fee, if you don't they have every right to sue you.
But there is a chance you won't violate it, are you sure your friend.... fixed it?
Maybe he just hardcoded credentials in the python file to get rid of your moaning.
Yes, I am mocking you a little now, sorry about that.
Do not worry, the patch will never be made public. And yes, I am sure he fixed it without any hidden credentials, because I saw the patch.
As for the "logical explanation to the situation". I never said it was not logical, but the "explanation" was first given 10+ days before the official one, so it classifies as a guess for me. And do not forget the fact that, 10+ days ago, all other apps had proper access to the api anonymously.

Bottom line, now that there is an official statement on the issue, i will consider making a set of credentials on the site, provided that I can delete them whenever I wish in the future.
(2020-04-12, 10:04)jim_p Wrote: Do not worry, the patch will never be made public. And yes, I am sure he fixed it without any hidden credentials, because I saw the patch.
As for the "logical explanation to the situation". I never said it was not logical, but the "explanation" was first given 10+ days before the official one, so it classifies as a guess for me. And do not forget the fact that, 10+ days ago, all other apps had proper access to the api anonymously.

Bottom line, now that there is an official statement on the issue, i will consider making a set of credentials on the site, provided that I can delete them whenever I wish in the future.

On the opensubtitles by opensubtitles github site the poster also created an issue about this and he was as arrogant as here. If you ask me, his "solution" is most probably that he uses the OSTestUserAgentTemp test agent described here https://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/...C-debugger 
I hope the opensubtitles site bans his ip address!
As there has been no attempt by @OP to further share any useful information on the OpenSubtitles add-on, this thread will be closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opensubtitles by opensubtitles has stopped working since yesterday0