no media from mysql
when i start up kodi, i no longer see the recents, resume, etc from the main menu or from ether Movies/TV Shows. it was running fine then it froze and had to restart. i have a remote sql databse which i have a backup of but it just doesnt load anything. its a raspberry pi 4 running libreelec but this is also happening on windows which i am using to test it. here is a screenshot from windows

edit: to further explain my setup, i use ember to sync my movies. when i add a movie on ember, it adds it to kodi. i have never scanned with kodi. i also have my sources file so i am able to go to Videos > Files and it appears that the resumes are working since i left a movie about 30minutes so even tho its not displaying any info, it did read the resume state. not sure if its a kodi or database issue.
(2020-03-26, 03:22)dr-oopie Wrote: but it just doesnt load anything

A debug enabled debug log (wiki) is always a good way to start. I have no experience with Ember btw.
Thread moved to OS independent as discussions is not for support requests such as this one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-03-26, 06:25)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 03:22)dr-oopie Wrote: but it just doesnt load anything

A debug enabled debug log (wiki) is always a good way to start. I have no experience with Ember btw. 
https://pastebin.com/c0ZXQGhV 

this was on my windows kodi since its the most stock.
been trying to update the mysql server as the kodi debug suggested which caused me so many problems im about to restore back to an earlier backup. everything is mismatched and permissions are all broken and cant even connect from kodi but does on windows. if i cant get my database working ima just switch to plex and be done with it. wondering if i can run the beta of kodi 19 on pc and hope it remakes the database even tho my raspberry pi which is my main media player doesnt yet have that version.
(2020-03-27, 01:48)dr-oopie Wrote: been trying to update the mysql server as the kodi debug suggested which caused me so many problems
Hmm... It's an old MySQL version and it should still be good for Kodi, but it's possible that Ember has other ideas about that.

Quote: <host>*****.*****.*****.*****</host>
Really..? A local IP is worth hiding? Hehe.
(2020-03-27, 04:00)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 01:48)dr-oopie Wrote: been trying to update the mysql server as the kodi debug suggested which caused me so many problems
Hmm... It's an old MySQL version and it should still be good for Kodi, but it's possible that Ember has other ideas about that.
Quote:<host>*****.*****.*****.*****</host>

it isnt a local ip its a vps i use for hosting
(2020-03-27, 04:13)dr-oopie Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 04:00)Klojum Wrote:
Quote:<host>*****.*****.*****.*****</host>

Seems like @dr-oopie was trying to use both Kodi MySQL as well as PlexKodiConnect: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/issues/1159

Which can't work and it's saying all over the PKC wiki that it not a good idea. I need to implement some checks for that to warn users...
(2020-03-27, 21:27)Croneter Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 04:13)dr-oopie Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 04:00)Klojum Wrote: Hmm... It's an old MySQL version and it should still be good for Kodi, but it's possible that Ember has other ideas about that.

Seems like @dr-oopie was trying to use both Kodi MySQL as well as PlexKodiConnect: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/issues/1159

Which can't work and it's saying all over the PKC wiki that it not a good idea. I need to implement some checks for that to warn users...  

seems to be a misunderstanding...

on pkc, yes, i was using mysql even tho i saw that it wasnt going to be used, i assumed by the wiki instructions that it would alter my databases and use that. so that made me assume it would modify them which is why i made a backup of the databases.

after removing pkc, i restored my database and it was working, tried again since i didnt see any working results on pkc and tried different paths. still no luck.

at this point,  i gave up on pkc, uninstalled it and replaced my database once again.

i noticed mysql stopped working after a hard reset on my raspberry pi. it would show whats in the screenshot above. 

at this point,  i tried kodi on windows which had never ran before on this system. so its fresh install. i put my advanced settings and put my databases back. i had the same results of no library showing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no media from mysql0