• 2(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-03-29, 04:33)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:29)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 03:52)drinfernoo Wrote: Hard to say for sure until I try it out, but you're welcome to try! What I will say, is that if the skin doesn't have Skin Shortcuts as a dependency, it 99.99% won't work. 

Close, but errors when initializing widget. https://vimeo.com/401772937  

Yeah, it appears that skin isn't using Skin Shortcuts at all. I can't tell what the error is without a log... but I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

Once again, AutoWidget does not work without a skin that uses Skin Shortcuts.  

Ok, yea, Xonfluence def doesnt use skin shortcuts. I can see from the log its looking for the skin shortcuts properties, so yea i understand now, thanks..
(2020-03-29, 04:39)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:33)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:29)jdig4240 Wrote: Close, but errors when initializing widget. https://vimeo.com/401772937  

Yeah, it appears that skin isn't using Skin Shortcuts at all. I can't tell what the error is without a log... but I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

Ok, yea, Xonfluence def doesnt use skin shortcuts. I can see from the log its looking for the skin shortcuts properties, so yea i understand now, thanks..

You know what... After thinking about it tonight, I don't think it would be terribly difficult to get them working, even with non-Skin Shortcuts skins. When I started working on this, it had more integration with Skin Shortcuts on my side than it does now, so I hadn't really considered how it could work without it Rofl

It can be done, I'll look into it Big Grin
Buglet: If you rename a group to the same name, it deletes it.

(at least it did for me)

(Why would you rename a group to the same name? My ocd was getting upset by Tv with a small v so i was editing to make it TV.. turns out it already was... )
(2020-03-29, 05:20)dm21912 Wrote: Buglet: If you rename a group to the same name, it deletes it.

(at least it did for me)

(Why would you rename a group to the same name? My ocd was getting upset by Tv with a small v so i was editing to make it TV.. turns out it already was... )

Yeah, I've also noticed a few weird things with groups and paths with the same name. I'm gonna work in fixing that soon as well (already an open issue that pertains to it).
(2020-03-29, 06:09)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 05:20)dm21912 Wrote: Buglet: If you rename a group to the same name, it deletes it.

(at least it did for me)

Yeah, I've also noticed a few weird things with groups and paths with the same name. I'm gonna work in fixing that soon as well (already an open issue that pertains to it). 

Yeh, just discovered the "movie" shortcut group i created over-wrote the "movie" widget group i had created lol
(2020-03-29, 05:18)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:39)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 04:33)drinfernoo Wrote: Yeah, it appears that skin isn't using Skin Shortcuts at all. I can't tell what the error is without a log... but I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

You know what... After thinking about it tonight, I don't think it would be terribly difficult to get them working, even with non-Skin Shortcuts skins. When I started working on this, it had more integration with Skin Shortcuts on my side than it does now, so I hadn't really considered how it could work without it Rofl

Sweet!
(2020-03-29, 02:47)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 02:08)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

Great addon.. one suggestions.. I have lets say 10 lists as a 'Movie widget'.. possible to have for each list a 'sort by' option? i.e. (years descending). Because if I point 10 widgets on home page to this 'Movie widget' I can only sort all of the 10 lists the same but not individual..

Unfortunately, not at this time. I'm exploring ways to be able to set that type of information on a per-path basis, but for now we are stuck with each AutoWidget having the same parameters for each path that gets filled into it.

EDIT: You could set up Smart Playlists, Trakt lists, or something similar, that have the sorting built in to them, and then put those into a widget group. That would work.

Hi, when having filter lets say descend by year in smart lists, this does not apply in widgets, so I have to do this mannualy when adding the widget. I do not understand why, because when opening smart list, the filter is present and all movies are descending by years.. but when doeing this manualy it applies to that row of widget rather then the actual widget
This addon looks totally awesome!!!

In fact it looks like it incorporates similar (but much more advanced) functionality to something that I requested way back in 2016 (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2351572) but that sadly never got released Smile

(2020-03-29, 05:18)drinfernoo Wrote: You know what... After thinking about it tonight, I don't think it would be terribly difficult to get them working, even with non-Skin Shortcuts skins. When I started working on this, it had more integration with Skin Shortcuts on my side than it does now, so I hadn't really considered how it could work without it Rofl

I hope that you will be able to release a version without the need for skin shortcuts, because I'm also using Xonfluence as my skin.

THANKS again Nod I look forward to future developments.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
This addon has massive potential, great job!

One request I would have is the ability to change the artwork, for example I set a Shortcut Widget with iPlayer WWW as one of the shortcuts, it works fine but the fanart on this addon is pretty bad. A function to replace it with an alternative icon/fanart would be a welcome addition.
(2020-03-29, 14:27)FXB78 Wrote: This addon has massive potential, great job!

One request I would have is the ability to change the artwork, for example I set a Shortcut Widget with iPlayer WWW as one of the shortcuts, it works fine but the fanart on this addon is pretty bad. A function to replace it with an alternative icon/fanart would be a welcome addition.

This can absolutely be done already. I go quickly through how to do it in the last few minutes of the video in the OP.
Option to disable the auto refresh during play.. so not just the notification but no refresh at all due the lag in movie..
(2020-03-29, 16:19)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 14:27)FXB78 Wrote: This addon has massive potential, great job!

This can absolutely be done already. I go quickly through how to do it in the last few minutes of the video in the OP. 
Ah yes, this is excellent, so many tweaks can be made there, thanks! I totally skimmed through the video & missed that part Smile
Just goota say Thank-You!! This addon is a game changer. Im using it for every widget now in Arctic Horizon. Much needed feature for Kodi.
(2020-03-29, 21:18)jdig4240 Wrote: Just goota say Thank-You!! This addon is a game changer. Im using it for every widget now in Arctic Horizon. Much needed feature for Kodi.

Same! Hopefully I can get it working for the fullscreen widget as well Wink
(2020-03-29, 16:19)Rijs43 Wrote: Option to disable the auto refresh during play.. so not just the notification but no refresh at all due the lag in movie..

Next update will have controls for the refreshing itself, and for the notification, with the options: Always, While Nothing Playing, and Never.

EDIT: Defaults will be set to "always" run the service, but only show notifications "while nothing playing". This is my preferred way, so that's why it'll be the default.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1