• 6(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-04-03, 17:35)popeye2468 Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 16:19)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 10:41)popeye2468 Wrote: This acts correctly in arctic horizon, i think it has something to do with adding the widget from favourites

What do you mean? The only skin I've run into that does it this way is Xonfluence.
Quote:The problem facing embruary is that because the addon is a program addon you cant navigate to it from the widgets section is there a way to change the addon type to a video addon?

I'll do some testing in Embruary. If it has configurable widgets, there should be no reason why it won't work. AutoWidget isn't a video add-on, because it doesn't provide video, and can make widgets from anything, including other addons besides video. That's why it's a program add-on. 
This is on a fresh install after adding the widget auto widget just runs an error from then on and does not change the widget.  Heres the full log

https://pastebin.com/zazcWmkN

I've just fixed this in 1.3.7 Smile

I've not gotten a chance to play with Embruary yet, but it would be helpful for me if you'd try this release, and if your widgets still are not refreshing, please open an issue on GitHub with a full log.
(2020-04-03, 19:09)FXB78 Wrote: Using Arctic Horizon I edited the Plot on a row of shortcuts & expected it to appear under the Title but it shows 'No information available'. Is this expected behaviour?

That label will actually be filled by ListItem.Label2, which AutoWidget doesn't fill. I can make that a feature soon.
(2020-04-03, 19:21)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 19:09)FXB78 Wrote: Using Arctic Horizon I edited the Plot on a row of shortcuts & expected it to appear under the Title but it shows 'No information available'. Is this expected behaviour?

That label will actually be filled by ListItem.Label2, which AutoWidget doesn't fill. I can make that a feature soon. 
Okay great, thanks Smile
Quote:I have a question. I have a widget group with several entries. Now there is always only one action (random path). Is it possible to add multiple actions here?

Originally, my intent was to have other methods besides "random", and I actually do intend on implementing an "in order" method soon, which will cycle the group's paths in the order they're defined. I have a few users that would like a more predictable result when they refresh their widgets.

that would be great
Quote:as an example:
Widget group: Movies
Paths: Movies 1, Movies 2 & Movies 3
Actions: Random Path, Movies 1 Path, Movies 2 Path & Movies 3 Path

It would be possible i suppose, but why not just point directly at the path then?
I used to have that. I tested your addon and the widget with the thumbnails loads much faster. Why I don't know, I have no idea how it works...

If you could also set how many are displayed in the widgets, that would be great. So that you can set the number per group or even per widget. I am curious about what will be in the future  Smile
(2020-04-03, 21:27)chaos83 Wrote: If you could also set how many are displayed in the widgets, that would be great. So that you can set the number per group or even per widget. I am curious about what will be in the future  Smile

I have a few ideas on how to do this, but haven't quite figured it out. For now, you can set it per-widget, as long as you skin allows, but it must be done after the widget is initialized for the first time.

Those types of settings per-path is definitely something I'm thinking about.
This is not working in Embuary skin, is this possible to have it working?
(2020-04-03, 19:19)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 16:19)drinfernoo Wrote: What do you mean? The only skin I've run into that does it this way is Xonfluence.

I'll do some testing in Embruary. If it has configurable widgets, there should be no reason why it won't work. AutoWidget isn't a video add-on, because it doesn't provide video, and can make widgets from anything, including other addons besides video. That's why it's a program add-on. 
This is on a fresh install after adding the widget auto widget just runs an error from then on and does not change the widget.  Heres the full log

I've not gotten a chance to play with Embruary yet, but it would be helpful for me if you'd try this release, and if your widgets still are not refreshing, please open an issue on GitHub with a full log.

Have you tried this release in Embruary?
@Rijs43 @popeye2468 I've just tested in Embuary. It appears that I can make the widget work just fine, but there is a bug with the label not updating, which I can fix.

To get the widget correctly, I had to first add the "Random Path (nonsense widget ID)" endpoint to my Favorites, then add that favorite to a custom widget, and then finally add that custom widget to the homescreen. After that, I clicked "Initialize Widgets" on the widget itself, and the widget initialized itself and loaded the first path. After that, I was able to force refresh the widget successfully, except for the label (which I was also able to fix easily in this case, but needs fixes in AutoWidget to be working reliably).

EDIT: If anyone's struggling, this also appears to be the way you have to do it in Xonfluence. Add the "Random Path" folder to your Favorites, and then create a widget from that favorite.
(2020-04-03, 16:19)drinfernoo Wrote: What do you mean? The only skin I've run into that does it this way is Xonfluence.

I cannot point a widget through program.. only through video addons but do not see autowidget there
(2020-04-05, 03:19)drinfernoo Wrote: @Rijs43 @popeye2468 I've just tested in Embuary. It appears that I can make the widget work just fine, but there is a bug with the label not updating, which I can fix.

To get the widget correctly, I had to first add the "Random Path (nonsense widget ID)" endpoint to my Favorites, then add that favorite to a custom widget, and then finally add that custom widget to the homescreen. After that, I clicked "Initialize Widgets" on the widget itself, and the widget initialized itself and loaded the first path. After that, I was able to force refresh the widget successfully, except for the label (which I was also able to fix easily in this case, but needs fixes in AutoWidget to be working reliably).

EDIT: If anyone's struggling, this also appears to be the way you have to do it in Xonfluence. Add the "Random Path" folder to your Favorites, and then create a widget from that favorite.
Yep was Gonna say all working good, but noticed the label bug
(2020-04-05, 11:38)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 17:35)popeye2468 Wrote: This is on a fresh install after adding the widget auto widget just runs an error from then on and does not change the widget.  Heres the full log

I cannot point a widget through program.. only through video addons but do not see autowidget there

Did you see my other note on setting them up in Embuary?
Thanks, all working now.

Cheers for the quick fix!
When i try to add widgets from the netflix addon to the autowidget programm i can´t sart autowidget anymore. Instead i get this error: log
Any Thoughts on this? Maybe the addon has Problems with german Umlaute like ü and ö?
(2020-04-06, 18:58)shinji95 Wrote: When i try to add widgets from the netflix addon to the autowidget programm i can´t sart autowidget anymore. Instead i get this error: log
Any Thoughts on this? Maybe the addon has Problems with german Umlaute like ü and ö?

This was something I pushed too early, on the devrepo... one example of why using the releases from the devrepo can be dangerous Big Grin

With that in mind, 1.3.8 should fix support for accented characters like you mention, and 1.3.9 should fix labels in Embuary, which I know @popeye2468 and @Rijs43 will enjoy Smile

EDIT: I guess it made it into master... Whoopsie! Will fix in a minute. All fixed now, just reinstall 1.3.9.
I've gone ahead and released 1.4.0, which adds a "cleaning" shortcut, which will delete old widget files that aren't in use anymore, or "pull" from a group which no longer exists. This feature may not work on non-Skin Shortcuts skins, however.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1