• 7(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-04-06, 01:37)Rijs43 Wrote: Thanks, all working now.

Cheers for the quick fix!

From Favourites I see now only to add as shortcut bhlut not to Widget.

Can you explain step by step which folder to add to favourites please?
(2020-04-05, 03:19)drinfernoo Wrote: @Rijs43 @popeye2468 I've just tested in Embuary. It appears that I can make the widget work just fine, but there is a bug with the label not updating, which I can fix.

To get the widget correctly, I had to first add the "Random Path (nonsense widget ID)" endpoint to my Favorites, then add that favorite to a custom widget, and then finally add that custom widget to the homescreen. After that, I clicked "Initialize Widgets" on the widget itself, and the widget initialized itself and loaded the first path. After that, I was able to force refresh the widget successfully, except for the label (which I was also able to fix easily in this case, but needs fixes in AutoWidget to be working reliably).

EDIT: If anyone's struggling, this also appears to be the way you have to do it in Xonfluence. Add the "Random Path" folder to your Favorites, and then create a widget from that favorite.

I see the path in homescreen spinning and also the name of the Widget, but suddenly the row of widgets is disappearing
(2020-04-07, 14:24)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 03:19)drinfernoo Wrote: @Rijs43 @popeye2468 I've just tested in Embuary. It appears that I can make the widget work just fine, but there is a bug with the label not updating, which I can fix.

To get the widget correctly, I had to first add the "Random Path (nonsense widget ID)" endpoint to my Favorites, then add that favorite to a custom widget, and then finally add that custom widget to the homescreen. After that, I clicked "Initialize Widgets" on the widget itself, and the widget initialized itself and loaded the first path. After that, I was able to force refresh the widget successfully, except for the label (which I was also able to fix easily in this case, but needs fixes in AutoWidget to be working reliably).

EDIT: If anyone's struggling, this also appears to be the way you have to do it in Xonfluence. Add the "Random Path" folder to your Favorites, and then create a widget from that favorite.

I see the path in homescreen spinning and also the name of the Widget, but suddenly the row of widgets is disappearing

Try setting it up again, maybe? The only reason I know of for this would be if the path that's trying to load isn't returning any items.
(2020-04-07, 17:23)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 14:24)Rijs43 Wrote:

Try setting it up again, maybe? The only reason I know of for this would be if the path that's trying to load isn't returning any items.

I tried and definiately the path is having content and I can enter the smart playlost through the Autowidget however does not show up as a widget.

What I did.

1. Create smart list
2. Point smart list to autowidget as Widget
3. Give widget a name in autowidget
4. Open Autowidget
5. Select Widget to open
6. Click on random path folder
7. Point random path to favourites
8. Open favourites
9. Point random path to autowidget

10. I SEE ONLY Short cut option and not Widget option as mentioned in your comment?
(2020-04-07, 18:07)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 17:23)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 14:24)Rijs43 Wrote: I see the path in homescreen spinning and also the name of the Widget, but suddenly the row of widgets is disappearing

I tried and definiately the path is having content and I can enter the smart playlost through the Autowidget however does not show up as a widget.

What I did.

1. Create smart list
4. Open Autowidget
5. Select Widget to open
8. Open favourites

10. I SEE ONLY Short cut option and not Widget option as mentioned in your comment?

It sounds like to me that you're doing this in basically the opposite order it should be.

If you're trying to add an AutoWidget to Embuary, you need to follow these steps:

1. Add the paths you want to a widget group in AutoWidget (we'll call it Test).
2. Open the context menu on AutoWidget -> My Groups -> Test -> Random Path (UUID), and choose "Add to Favorites"
3. Create a new "Custom Widget" in Embuary, and point it at Favorites -> Random Path (UUID)
4. Now use that "custom widget" as a widget in the "Menu and Widgets" section.
(2020-04-07, 20:17)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 18:07)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 17:23)drinfernoo Wrote: Try setting it up again, maybe? The only reason I know of for this would be if the path that's trying to load isn't returning any items.

What I did.

1. Create smart list
4. Open Autowidget
5. Select Widget to open
8. Open favourites

It sounds like to me that you're doing this in basically the opposite order it should be.

If you're trying to add an AutoWidget to Embuary, you need to follow these steps:

2. Open the context menu on AutoWidget -> My Groups -> Test -> Random Path (UUID), and choose "Add to Favorites"
3. Create a new "Custom Widget" in Embuary, and point it at Favorites -> Random Path (UUID)

I did and I initialized Widget frim random path, showing the name of the actual path 'New Releases in War genre, see spinning wheel and suddenly the row of widget line is disappeared.
(2020-04-07, 23:36)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 20:17)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 18:07)Rijs43 Wrote: I tried and definiately the path is having content and I can enter the smart playlost through the Autowidget however does not show up as a widget.

What I did.

1. Create smart list
4. Open Autowidget
5. Select Widget to open
8. Open favourites

I did and I initialized Widget frim random path, showing the name of the actual path 'New Releases in War genre, see spinning wheel and suddenly the row of widget line is disappeared.

It sounds like to me that that path isn't populating any content.

EDIT: I'll test against some Smart Playlists when I get a chance. It's possible they're not working correctly.
(2020-04-07, 23:48)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 23:36)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 20:17)drinfernoo Wrote: It sounds like to me that you're doing this in basically the opposite order it should be.

EDIT: I'll test against some Smart Playlists when I get a chance. It's possible they're not working correctly.

Thanks mate, def the path is working as I have tested these in AH skin.

Cheers
(2020-04-08, 00:52)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 23:48)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 23:36)Rijs43 Wrote: I did and I initialized Widget frim random path, showing the name of the actual path 'New Releases in War genre, see spinning wheel and suddenly the row of widget line is disappeared.

Thanks mate, def the path is working as I have tested these in AH skin.

Cheers

Hmm, it does seem like there's some issue there. I'll probably nail it down tomorrow.
Hi, thanks for a great addon!

Im not sure if this have been coverd elsewhere but I have noticed that the option "Add to Autowidget group" is not present in the context menu for some addons/sources/levels. What I try to accomplish is to have a widget with shortcuts to TV Shows and movies that Im currently watching from different streaming services like HBO, Netflix, Viaplay, Cmore, Dplay SVT Play. All these services have KODI addons that I use. 

Is this a known limitation or could it be fixed?

/Marcus
(2020-04-08, 09:10)macardi Wrote: Hi, thanks for a great addon!

Im not sure if this have been coverd elsewhere but I have noticed that the option "Add to Autowidget group" is not present in the context menu for some addons/sources/levels. What I try to accomplish is to have a widget with shortcuts to TV Shows and movies that Im currently watching from different streaming services like HBO, Netflix, Viaplay, Cmore, Dplay SVT Play. All these services have KODI addons that I use. 

/Marcus

For now, it is a limitation I've placed. In the next version, I'll be allowing it to show on more items: everything except movies and episodes.
(2020-04-08, 09:45)drinfernoo Wrote:

/Marcus

For now, it is a limitation I've placed. In the next version, I'll be allowing it to show on more items: everything except movies and episodes. 
Thanks for your answer, and thanks for implementing this in the next version. I guess it make sense not allowing movies and episodes, but I have a 6 year old, who like to watch some movies over and over again, and for that reason it would be convenient if also movies could be added to the widget. 

/Marcuis
(2020-04-08, 11:32)macardi Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 09:45)drinfernoo Wrote:

/Marcus

Thanks for your answer, and thanks for implementing this in the next version. I guess it make sense not allowing movies and episodes, but I have a 6 year old, who like to watch some movies over and over again, and for that reason it would be convenient if also movies could be added to the widget. 

/Marcuis

Just point a widget at a folder that has movies in it.
Alright, I've just pushed [inline]1.4.3[/iniline], which is mainly cleanup and error catching, but does also have a handful of worthwhile changes as well.

Previous versions only allowed you to add paths with no DbType set (so folders and such, that aren't actual media). I found that this made some paths not be usable, as they declare their content as "video" (the one that I found it was in TMDbHelper, which declares people as "video" Rofl), even when it isn't necessarily an actual video file. For this reason, I've relaxed the requirement, and now it will allow any path that isn't a "movie" or "episode". This means you can point directly into shows, seasons and such, but I don't expect it to work for any playable files. It's possible I can add that functionality at some point, but I don't feel like it's necessarily needed. If you need to create an AutoWidget that contains specific media files, my recommendation is to add those to a Smart Playlist, a Trakt list, or a library node, and point your widget at that. It will allow the best compatibility with playable files, including available metadata and artwork, which won't get "cloned" in its entirety just by adding to AutoWidget.

This update also addresses an issue where the "given" artwork for a path was on a remote host, and you weren't able to "escape" the host in the file browser. Now, if that art is stored at a web address, it'll kick you back to the root of the browser. If you want to use remotely stored art for your paths, i would recommend adding your host as a file source, and then browsing to the images through that source. Also regarding artwork is that special paths will now be automatically used for artwork. This won't retroactively convert old paths, but any new paths or artwork that gets set will be converted to a special path, where applicable.

Other fixes include a bug where some skins didn't allow you to set "Settings" shortcuts, and using smart playlists as paths (@Rijs43 Wink)
(2020-04-08, 19:13)drinfernoo Wrote: Alright, I've just pushed [inline]1.4.3[/iniline], which is mainly cleanup and error catching, but does also have a handful of worthwhile changes as well.

Previous versions only allowed you to add paths with no DbType set (so folders and such, that aren't actual media). I found that this made some paths not be usable, as they declare their content as "video" (the one that I found it was in TMDbHelper, which declares people as "video" Rofl), even when it isn't necessarily an actual video file. For this reason, I've relaxed the requirement, and now it will allow any path that isn't a "movie" or "episode". This means you can point directly into shows, seasons and such, but I don't expect it to work for any playable files. It's possible I can add that functionality at some point, but I don't feel like it's necessarily needed. If you need to create an AutoWidget that contains specific media files, my recommendation is to add those to a Smart Playlist, a Trakt list, or a library node, and point your widget at that. It will allow the best compatibility with playable files, including available metadata and artwork, which won't get "cloned" in its entirety just by adding to AutoWidget.

This update also addresses an issue where the "given" artwork for a path was on a remote host, and you weren't able to "escape" the host in the file browser. Now, if that art is stored at a web address, it'll kick you back to the root of the browser. If you want to use remotely stored art for your paths, i would recommend adding your host as a file source, and then browsing to the images through that source. Also regarding artwork is that special paths will now be automatically used for artwork. This won't retroactively convert old paths, but any new paths or artwork that gets set will be converted to a special path, where applicable.

Other fixes include a bug where some skins didn't allow you to set "Settings" shortcuts, and using smart playlists as paths (@Rijs43 Wink)

You are amazing mate..

Will try later on regarding smart playlists.

Thanks a million.

For consideration.. is it possible to auto widget inside a widget? (i.e. trending movies sorted by release date but autowidget lets say the first 20 movies inside the trending widget it self). Not sure what the limitations will be here so just my thoughts on it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1