• 12(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-04-24, 21:16)FXB78 Wrote: I'm sure I had this working previously but now it doesn't seem to want to work for me Smile

Adding a Widget to TMDB Helper/Randomised -> Random TV Shows Genre the label shows as 'Random TV Shows Genre' on the home screen, whereas going into Auto Widgets it shows the actual Genre, i.e. Crime. Can this be changed to show the actual Genre on the Home Screen? I'm sure it used to work like that.

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...-568656037
(2020-04-24, 22:39)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 21:16)FXB78 Wrote: I'm sure I had this working previously but now it doesn't seem to want to work for me Smile

Adding a Widget to TMDB Helper/Randomised -> Random TV Shows Genre the label shows as 'Random TV Shows Genre' on the home screen, whereas going into Auto Widgets it shows the actual Genre, i.e. Crime. Can this be changed to show the actual Genre on the Home Screen? I'm sure it used to work like that.

ImageImageImage

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...-568656037 
I couldn't find the container in Arctic Horizon, so I gave it up as a bad job! I'll just live with it as it is. Thanks Smile
Hey guys, for anyone that's getting a RuntimeError in the last few versions... I think it has to do with some new "collision avoidance" (if you will) logic that I recently added, but should only happen when you have more widgets pointed at a particular group than that group has paths defined. For example, if you have a "Movies" group, with two paths defined... but point three widgets at it.

In general, it doesn't particularly make sense to set up this type of configuration anyways, but until I can figure out how to avoid the error, it may actually be necessary to ensure that your groups all have plenty of paths, or at least more than how many widgets want to pull from it.

EDIT: Fixed in 1.5.4.
@drinfernoo Is there a way to create a Shortcut to open the Screensaver? I use the code XBMC.ActivateScreensaver() which works in the Power menu but I'm not sure which parameters to use to create this as a Shortcut in Auto Widget, or if it is even possible?
(2020-04-26, 19:25)FXB78 Wrote: @drinfernoo Is there a way to create a Shortcut to open the Screensaver? I use the code XBMC.ActivateScreensaver() which works in the Power menu but I'm not sure which parameters to use to create this as a Shortcut in Auto Widget, or if it is even possible?

I think it may not work currently, but I can look into support for those types of shortcuts Smile
(2020-04-12, 15:35)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 12:08)jmh2002 Wrote: I may have missed something in the thread, or this may just be against the original intention of the addon, but would it please also be possible to have an option to display the items in date order - well, maybe the order in the addon they are received from would be better?...

At this time it isn't possible to set that type of parameter per-path. You can, however, typically set it per-widget in the skin settings.

Is that something that be considered for development to make life simpler for skins that don't provide widget settings?

Smart playlists don't seem to be an option for my use case (unless I'm mistaken?), because my sources are online streaming addons (GQ, HGTV, PBS, DIY, etc).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
A really nice plugin. 😎
Too bad it has the same limitations than library nodes. Works great with paths but no support for custom commands. 😔
Tried to make shortcuts to some android apps and other custom commands. 😔
(2020-04-28, 17:26)peat Wrote: A really nice plugin. 😎
Too bad it has the same limitations than library nodes. Works great with paths but no support for custom commands. 😔
The developer is aware and has said he'll look to add them.
(2020-04-26, 20:47)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 19:25)FXB78 Wrote: @drinfernoo Is there a way to create a Shortcut to open the Screensaver? I use the code XBMC.ActivateScreensaver() which works in the Power menu but I'm not sure which parameters to use to create this as a Shortcut in Auto Widget, or if it is even possible?

I think it may not work currently, but I can look into support for those types of shortcuts Smile 
(2020-04-28, 17:15)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 15:35)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 12:08)jmh2002 Wrote: I may have missed something in the thread, or this may just be against the original intention of the addon, but would it please also be possible to have an option to display the items in date order - well, maybe the order in the addon they are received from would be better?...

At this time it isn't possible to set that type of parameter per-path. You can, however, typically set it per-widget in the skin settings.

Is that something that be considered for development to make life simpler for skins that don't provide widget settings?

Smart playlists don't seem to be an option for my use case (unless I'm mistaken?), because my sources are online streaming addons (GQ, HGTV, PBS, DIY, etc).

Yes, I've been heavily considering it since well before release. Due to the way skins handle those types of properties, I haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution yet.
(2020-04-28, 17:26)peat Wrote: A really nice plugin. 😎

As mentioned, I am planning to look into this (probably after finals next week), and I already have a vague idea of how it'll work.

However, I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that AutoWidget isn't meant to replace or compare to the concept of library nodes, but can be used as a very handy complement if you so desire.

Library nodes serve a really nice purpose, but as far as I know, they can only handle folder-type paths, which means nothing that should be run using RunPlugin(...). AutoWidget can handle most of these paths, but I hadn't considered until recently that Kodi itself adds some paths and windows that are called in a (different from my current implementation) specific way, like ReloadSkin() and ActivateWindow(Weather).

To return to my previous point as well, AutoWidget should fully support adding library nodes as paths in either a widget or shortcut group. If you have any issue there, please let me know Wink
Wonderful add-on, congratulations. I translated it into Spanish. I'm going to test it for a while and make a request for extraction.
Hi,
I use this addon and its just great.
I have a question, I would like to have widget for studios, but I can't this path in themoviedb helper, how did you get this? I want to have exactly as you shown on YT video.
(2020-04-28, 21:34)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-28, 17:15)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 15:35)drinfernoo Wrote: At this time it isn't possible to set that type of parameter per-path. You can, however, typically set it per-widget in the skin settings.

Yes, I've been heavily considering it since well before release. Due to the way skins handle those types of properties, I haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution yet.

THANKS, I look forward to it, but happy to be patient as well Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2020-04-29, 08:55)lipszczak Wrote: Hi,
I have a question, I would like to have widget for studios, but I can't this path in themoviedb helper, how did you get this? I want to have exactly as you shown on YT video.

The "Studios" widget in my videos is from the library.
(2020-04-29, 15:17)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 08:55)lipszczak Wrote: Hi,

The "Studios" widget in my videos is from the library.

So is created from your local library? Is it possible to have the same from TMDb?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1