• 15(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-05-21, 18:48)macardi Wrote: Ahh I see! Didn’t realized that. What have changed from 0.0.744 in this respect. That version was working great.

/Marcus

Actually, I don't think there are any differences now. I did make a change, but it resulted in it breaking again, so I reverted it. The latest development versions don't handle paths any differently than before.
(2020-05-21, 18:48)macardi Wrote: Ahh I see! Didn’t realized that. What have changed from 0.0.744 in this respect. That version was working great.

/Marcus

If you'd try 0.0.766, I think I may have gotten it figured out Big Grin That release should be a basically stable "pre-release" version before 2.0.0, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

The only other thing I need to add is subfolders in shortcut groups, which is doable now, and shouldn't take me long to implement.
(2020-05-23, 06:49)drinfernoo Wrote:

/Marcus

If you'd try 0.0.766, I think I may have gotten it figured out Big Grin That release should be a basically stable "pre-release" version before 2.0.0, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

The only other thing I need to add is subfolders in shortcut groups, which is doable now, and shouldn't take me long to implement.  

Hi, and again thank you for trying to fixing this! Bud sadly it is still the same. The videoinfodialog appears and when I click play noting happens. I have to try this a number of times and like in the third try I got a dialog telling my the playback failed. But the video starts in the background, but when I hit OK in that dialog the video stops. 

Debug log
Hi so getting the unable to save menu error after using autowidget. and dumb me forgot to make a backup. Am I screwed? please tell if there is any solution. thanks a lot.
(2020-05-23, 10:19)hackmonker Wrote: Hi so getting the unable to save menu error after using autowidget. and dumb me forgot to make a backup. Am I screwed? please tell if there is any solution. thanks a lot.

That bug just keeps hanging around... I'm hoping to release 2.0 very soon, which will fix it for good Big Grin

Unfortunately, there isn't really a good way to fix it without resetting Skin Shortcuts to defaults.
(2020-05-23, 14:59)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 10:19)hackmonker Wrote: Hi so getting the unable to save menu error after using autowidget. and dumb me forgot to make a backup. Am I screwed? please tell if there is any solution. thanks a lot.

That bug just keeps hanging around... I'm hoping to release 2.0 very soon, which will fix it for good Big Grin

Unfortunately, there isn't really a good way to fix it without resetting Skin Shortcuts to defaults. 

Okay thanks. Can you just tell me how to reset skin shortcuts to default?
(2020-05-23, 16:23)hackmonker Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 14:59)drinfernoo Wrote:

Okay thanks. Can you just tell me how to reset skin shortcuts to default?

Depends on the skin, but there is usually a "reset shortcuts to defaults" option, or something similar.
I could not see this being addressed in the first 15 pages(!), I have a request which may or may not be possible.

Suppose I have a series of autowidgets, some of which are shortcut groups, some of which are next path widgets.  What I want to be able to do is refresh one specific widget and leave the rest alone. To be specific I want to be able to set up a series of sub-menu items that refresh specific autowidgets only.

Currently I cannot see a way of doing that.  I am guessing a RunPlugin Command that refers to the specific widget and mode=force might work but my skills in this area are a bit limited.

The reason I want to do this is because I am trying to produce a build for my tablet.  With a small screen (and my fat fingers) I need to be really careful how I present information on the screen. Many of the skins I like that work with touch screen only allow 2 widgets on a touch screen (one of which will be the sub-menu widget in my build) and I want to get around that limit.  An example might be my main menu Movie item: I will have one widget working as a sub menu and the second widget I would want to point to a next path autowidget group (for example containing Trending Movies, Library Movie Sets, Library Anime Movies, Library Random Movies).  When I am in the movie section of the home menu I only want to refresh that movie widget not the entire build
(2020-05-25, 16:55)justin150 Wrote: I could not see this being addressed in the first 15 pages(!), I have a request which may or may not be possible.

Suppose I have a series of autowidgets, some of which are shortcut groups, some of which are next path widgets.  What I want to be able to do is refresh one specific widget and leave the rest alone. To be specific I want to be able to set up a series of sub-menu items that refresh specific autowidgets only.

Currently I cannot see a way of doing that.  I am guessing a RunPlugin Command that refers to the specific widget and mode=force might work but my skills in this area are a bit limited.

The reason I want to do this is because I am trying to produce a build for my tablet.  With a small screen (and my fat fingers) I need to be really careful how I present information on the screen. Many of the skins I like that work with touch screen only allow 2 widgets on a touch screen (one of which will be the sub-menu widget in my build) and I want to get around that limit.  An example might be my main menu Movie item: I will have one widget working as a sub menu and the second widget I would want to point to a next path autowidget group (for example containing Trending Movies, Library Movie Sets, Library Anime Movies, Library Random Movies).  When I am in the movie section of the home menu I only want to refresh that movie widget not the entire build

You can actually do this now Smile

You'll need to turn on the advanced editing settings, and then edit one of the widgets listed in "Active Widgets", to find it's "id" parameter. You can then use that ID in the following path:

RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE")

If you're wanting to do it in an AutoWidget shortcut group, the easiest way is to add any shortcut (I usually use AutoWidget's own "Force Refresh Widgets"), and then edit the path in the shortcut group, leaving off the extra stuff, so it looks like:

plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE

You can also refresh each widget individually from the context menu in "Active Widgets" at any time, as well. Bear in mind that the menu will show widgets, even if they aren't showing in the skin... which is due to the fact that AutoWidget doesn't have a very good way of detecting when a widget is deleted. Future versions will have an easier way to "clean up" after itself, but for now, you can compare which ones are in the menu versus which ones are displaying, and remove "dead" ones from "Edit Widget".
Drinfernoo

Many thanks for such a quick answer.  I will be spending a happy few hours tomorrow trying this out - not much else to do in CV19 lock down.  

It is helpfulness like yours that makes being part of the Kodi community enjoyable
(2020-05-25, 19:15)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 16:55)justin150 Wrote: I could not see this being addressed in the first 15 pages(!), I have a request which may or may not be possible.

You'll need to turn on the advanced editing settings, and then edit one of the widgets listed in "Active Widgets", to find it's "id" parameter. You can then use that ID in the following path:

RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.aftermath/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE")

If you're wanting to do it in an AutoWidget shortcut group, the easiest way is to add any shortcut (I usually use AutoWidget's own "Force Refresh Widgets"), and then edit the path in the shortcut group, leaving off the extra stuff, so it looks like:

plugin://plugin.program.aftermath/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE

You can also refresh each widget individually from the context menu in "Active Widgets" at any time, as well. Bear in mind that the menu will show widgets, even if they aren't showing in the skin... which is due to the fact that AutoWidget doesn't have a very good way of detecting when a widget is deleted. Future versions will have an easier way to "clean up" after itself, but for now, you can compare which ones are in the menu versus which ones are displaying, and remove "dead" ones from "Edit Widget". 
I have found it relatively easy to set up a sub menu button to refresh a particular widget - although I did need to realise the deliberate typo in your post (plugin.program.aftermath!!), admittedly not hard to pick up

However, what I wanted to do was have a shortcut widget to replace the sub menu entirely, some skins allow for this - Arctic Horizon being one - but I was using the Silvio skin.  What I did was set up a completely clean portable kodi which has exactly 2 add ons in it: Autowidgets and TMDB Helper and the silvio skin.  I also linked to my Movie Library.  I set up 2 autowidgets with the highly original names "sub menu" (as a shortcut group) and "movie widget".
The movie widget points to TMDB Helper Movies Trending, Library Sets & TMDB Movies Recommended For You. I then set that up as a widget under the Silvio skin and pointed the skin to Autowidgets: Next from Movie Widget. 
So far so good, it works exactly as expected.
Now I set up the shortcuts for the sub menu including Force Refresh and then I edited the path as you suggested (and having failed to transcribe the id number for the movie widget correctly the first time!!...).  Sadly even once I got the correct id number for the movie widget, it simple does not work.  It either crashes Kodi completely or results in a never ending loop.

IN SUMMARY having a sub menu item to refresh a particular widget (ie RunPlugin...command) works.  But trying to achieve the same thing from inside another autowidget (ie path:plugin://plugin.program.autowidget...) does not and of course that is the one I need to work.

Hopefully the log file may give a clue as to what is happening  https://paste.kodi.tv/qurocidefu.kodi
(2020-05-27, 19:26)justin150 Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 19:15)drinfernoo Wrote:

RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.aftermath/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE")

plugin://plugin.program.aftermath/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE

I have found it relatively easy to set up a sub menu button to refresh a particular widget - although I did need to realise the deliberate typo in your post (plugin.program.aftermath!!), admittedly not hard to pick up

However, what I wanted to do was have a shortcut widget to replace the sub menu entirely, some skins allow for this - Arctic Horizon being one - but I was using the Silvio skin.  What I did was set up a completely clean portable kodi which has exactly 2 add ons in it: Autowidgets and TMDB Helper and the silvio skin.  I also linked to my Movie Library.  I set up 2 autowidgets with the highly original names "sub menu" (as a shortcut group) and "movie widget".
The movie widget points to TMDB Helper Movies Trending, Library Sets & TMDB Movies Recommended For You. I then set that up as a widget under the Silvio skin and pointed the skin to Autowidgets: Next from Movie Widget. 
So far so good, it works exactly as expected.
Now I set up the shortcuts for the sub menu including Force Refresh and then I edited the path as you suggested (and having failed to transcribe the id number for the movie widget correctly the first time!!...).  Sadly even once I got the correct id number for the movie widget, it simple does not work.  It either crashes Kodi completely or results in a never ending loop.

IN SUMMARY having a sub menu item to refresh a particular widget (ie RunPlugin...command) works.  But trying to achieve the same thing from inside another autowidget (ie path:plugin://plugin.program.autowidget...) does not and of course that is the one I need to work.

Hopefully the log file may give a clue as to what is happening  https://paste.kodi.tv/qurocidefu.kodi

Whoops, sorry for my typo! I didn't realize they wouldn't work inside of a shortcut group... but I can't make anything out from that particular log. A debug log may show more, but I can't be sure. I'll make sure and test to make sure that feature is working before the next release.
@drinfernoo 

I'm having an issue with making a shortcut point to the Disney+ video add-on. I can get it to work for other add-ons, but keep getting an error.

I've tried the following paths:
* RunPlugin("plugin://slyguy.disney.plus")
* plugin://slyguy.disney.plus

When I add it as a favorite, it has the command "RunAddon(slyguy.disney.plus)" but that doesn't work and when I try to use the favorite as a autowidget shortcut it fails. 

Here is the log where I click on the autowidget and it fails: https://pastebin.com/0dwP0Yt8
(2020-05-27, 21:17)Doctor Eggs Wrote: @drinfernoo 

I'm having an issue with making a shortcut point to the Disney+ video add-on. I can get it to work for other add-ons, but keep getting an error.

When I add it as a favorite, it has the command "RunAddon(slyguy.disney.plus)" but that doesn't work and when I try to use the favorite as a autowidget shortcut it fails. 

Here is the log where I click on the autowidget and it fails: https://pastebin.com/0dwP0Yt8

Are you simply trying to have a shortcut to the root menu of the add-on? If so, then you should be able to do it from the "Video Add-ons" menu successfully. Is that what you've done?
(2020-05-27, 22:59)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 21:17)Doctor Eggs Wrote: @drinfernoo 

Are you simply trying to have a shortcut to the root menu of the add-on? If so, then you should be able to do it from the "Video Add-ons" menu successfully. Is that what you've done? 
Yes, that is what I did. I also tried to go into the add-on and create a shortcut of a sub menu item, but it gives me the same error.

The only reason I tried to create it from the favorites is that it does open successfully directly from there.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1