• 25(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
I noticed my merged widgets weren't being updated, it seems this has been fixed on github https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro.../issues/63. Are there plans to push an update for this? Currently I had to go back to 2.3.7 which seems to be working.
Hi, thanks for this really nice Add-On.
I would like to ask if there is some way to get the names of the items of a folder that are currently active shown in the widget name (in form of a placeholder for something).
I would really like to see which widget is currently active. Is this maybe a $info-thing?
The other thing is, I cannot change the backup path, it's throwing an error like 'backup path not defined' but the default path is visible and when I click on this to change the path it gives an error...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2020-11-22, 06:41)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-11-21, 19:02)justin150 Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 22:06)drinfernoo Wrote: For one thing, the path you'll actually need to use is:
syntax:
RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=YOUR_ID_HERE")

You were close, but the parameter should be id instead of target.

I think the best way to handle getting the actual ID from the widget may be for me to attach it as a List item property, probably named autoID. Then you could not only control visibility of the control based on whether or not that property is filled, but you could use $INFO[Container(CONTAINER_ID).List item.Property(autoID)] to fill the needed parameter in the plugin path. I can make a small update to add that property Big Grin

At least, that's how I understand it... Perhaps somebody like @jurialmunkey would confirm that my logic is sound there, but I think it should work Wink

I got massively side tracked by life and have only just got back to this.  Did the sensible thing and loaded up the current development version of autowidgets.

Because I am using a mod of the silvio skin I believe the syntax I should use at least for widget 1 is $INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] 

So for a button command that should mean RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=$INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] ")

Sadly this is not working - in fact even $INFO[Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] returns no information.

Please can someone help me on this!!

You need to find the container ID. 8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id] looks wrong to me... it should just be numbers.

If you turn on Skin Debugging from AutoWidget -> Tools -> Toggle Skin Debugging, and then navigate to a widget, the overlay should tell you it's container ID.

EDIT: This may also be helpful: https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro...tainer-IDs
I forgot to mention I am working in template.xml as I am creating a new type of widget.

I have got to the bottom of part of the problem - inevitably my Kodi set up!  Re-installed and set up a simple widget group with 3 items (Movie Genres: War, Science Fiction & Fantasy) as a test.  Then created a new widget using the cycling path - with the widget type being a new type I have created called autowidget panel.  I can confirm that within template.xml $INFO[Container(8011$[SKINSHORTCUTS[id]).ListItem.Property(autoID)] returns the autowidget id of the widget group...at least if your widget is widget 1 of a main menu.  Change 8011 to 8021 for widget 2.

I next need to test whether I can use the command RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=YOUR_ID_HERE") from within template.xml

Wish me luck!
(2020-11-26, 15:35)C.O.D. Wrote: Hi, thanks for this really nice Add-On.
I would like to ask if there is some way to get the names of the items of a folder that are currently active shown in the widget name (in form of a placeholder for something).
I would really like to see which widget is currently active. Is this maybe a $info-thing?
The other thing is, I cannot change the backup path, it's throwing an error like 'backup path not defined' but the default path is visible and when I click on this to change the path it gives an error...

Yes it is a $INFO thing!  Drinfernoo covered this a while back.  I have tested it on a Aeon Nox Silvio mod and it works very nicely

@justin150
VEEERY COOL! Works as expected - thanks for the video hint.
Before I liked the add-on - now I like it alot!
@drinfernoo
I solved the problem with the backup path for now by manually editing the config file.
Really like your addon, what an enrichment 👍🥂
For those who are interested, I found out that the auto name feature also works when you don't know the Container ID. By not typing any ID, Kodi automatically selects the current container.
Just typing
$INFO[Container.ListItem.Property(autoLabel)]
for the widget name works for me - at least for the AZ series of skins...
A problem that I no have is, that in Arctic Horizon there's no info displayed in my music widgets.
I have e.g. a group of widgets, one with my albums and one with my artists, display info is ticked to true in AH settings, but no artist info appears.
No problems with that in AZ2 or AZmod.
Surely I could configure two separate widgets in AH but then I get no auto scrolling. So if anybody has an idea how to search for a solution here I'd really appreciate...
(2020-12-06, 15:14)C.O.D. Wrote: A problem that I no have is, that in Arctic Horizon there's no info displayed in my music widgets.
I have e.g. a group of widgets, one with my albums and one with my artists, display info is ticked to true in AH settings, but no artist info appears.
No problems with that in AZ2 or AZmod.
Surely I could configure two separate widgets in AH but then I get no auto scrolling. So if anybody has an idea how to search for a solution here I'd really appreciate...

I think that is probably fixed in Matrix.
@drinfernoo
That's a pity - just wondering why this error doesn't occur in AZ2 or AZmod...
Drinfernoo, so I have a question/Feature request that im not sure is possible. Using Auramod. I made some Autowidgets from TMDBH. I noticed unfortunately that when browsing the widgets, theres no longer options to add/remove from TMDBH Trakt. I have Auramod set to open the info screen by default which shows Play, Add/Remove from Trakt, Trailer, etc. But when coming from an Autowidget Trakt options are no longer available. If the widgets are set to TMDBH the Trakt options are there in the info menu and context menu. Any way to get autowidgets to do the same? I figured since the autowidgets were created from TMDBH, then the same functionality would exist but it doesnt. Any possibility of getting that to work?

My goal was to use the merged widgets with TMDBH because its nice to mix  my TMDBH Trakt lists in autowidgets, but not having Trakt options is a bummer.
(2020-12-18, 06:05)jdig4240 Wrote: Drinfernoo, so I have a question/Feature request that im not sure is possible. Using Auramod. I made some Autowidgets from TMDBH. I noticed unfortunately that when browsing the widgets, theres no longer options to add/remove from TMDBH Trakt. I have Auramod set to open the info screen by default which shows Play, Add/Remove from Trakt, Trailer, etc. But when coming from an Autowidget Trakt options are no longer available. If the widgets are set to TMDBH the Trakt options are there in the info menu and context menu. Any way to get autowidgets to do the same? I figured since the autowidgets were created from TMDBH, then the same functionality would exist but it doesnt. Any possibility of getting that to work?

My goal was to use the merged widgets with TMDBH because its nice to mix  my TMDBH Trakt lists in autowidgets, but not having Trakt options is a bummer.

This is because TMDbHelper attaches those context items by way of "ListItem Properties", which are unfortunately not supported by AutoWidget in Leia. In Matrix, they work.
hello..i'm using Titan Bingie mod and i'm trying to figure out how to use your addon to create a new menu...any help is appreciated, thanks!
(2021-01-26, 22:48)ntintis Wrote: hello..i'm using Titan Bingie mod and i'm trying to figure out how to use your addon to create a new menu...any help is appreciated, thanks!

AutoWidget is for making widgets 🤔 If you need to edit the home menu, that would be in your skin's settings, likely very near where you set widgets.
By Menu, perhaps this user means a Folder/List (a "Group" in AutoWidget)? I use AutoWidget for that too, as part of replacing SuperFavourites.

To do this, add items from anywhere in Kodi to a Group in AutoWidget, and then add that Group in your Skin's Menu/SubMenu settings (not in the widget settings).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1