• 8(current)
Release Disney+
(2020-04-28, 01:19)matthuisman Wrote: @kampfi @snoopyjoe

Do you guys have the quality select enabled when the issue is happening?
Do you have same issue if you change Default Quality to disabled in the add-on settings?
I have the quality selection set to "Best". I'll try and change the setting to see if the problem still exist. Sometimes I'll fast forward to the end of an episode (e.g. "Clone Wars") because there is 4 minutes of credits before the next episode plays. This is when I notice the issue the most as it often buffers then tries to play the last 30 seconds. Only to end up starting over from the first 30 seconds.

Also however the addon is handling resume points is superp! I've extracted a couple shows and made .strm files from the links so that my Emby server can process them. Unlike other addons when Kodi tells a .strm to resume from a certain point, the info is never relayed, but with Disney+ it is.
(2020-04-28, 21:20)snoopyjoe Wrote:
(2020-04-28, 01:19)matthuisman Wrote: @kampfi @snoopyjoe

Do you guys have the quality select enabled when the issue is happening?
Do you have same issue if you change Default Quality to disabled in the add-on settings?
I have the quality selection set to "Best". I'll try and change the setting to see if the problem still exist. Sometimes I'll fast forward to the end of an episode (e.g. "Clone Wars") because there is 4 minutes of credits before the next episode plays. This is when I notice the issue the most as it often buffers then tries to play the last 30 seconds. Only to end up starting over from the first 30 seconds.

Also however the addon is handling resume points is superp! I've extracted a couple shows and made .strm files from the links so that my Emby server can process them. Unlike other addons when Kodi tells a .strm to resume from a certain point, the info is never relayed, but with Disney+ it is.                           

Oh, that sounds more like IA.
All the credits at the end are a bunch of periods.
What version IA are you using?

Yes, my shared module has "evolved" over quite some time.

With latest version, favourites should work better too.
Before this, if you made a favourite to an episode and played it - it would have no art / info etc.
It should now have that.

Oh, and theres a pretty unknown feature of all my add-ons that allows auto playing items from a list

You first need to find the add-on path to that specific list you want to select videos from.
Can do that with debug enabled and then looking at log.

Then add a "_autoplay" param to the url.
the format is _autoplay={pattern}#{number}

pattern is a pattern that is used with regex search with ignored case
If no pattern is passed, it matches everything.

Number is the position of the match you want to play
Numbers is same as Python array numbering (0 = 1st, 1=2nd, -1=last, -2=2nd to last)
If number is present, it must match that position. eg. selecting position 2 (#1) when only 1 result will error
If no number is present and multiple results, it will show a select dialog to choose which.
Number can also be "random" to choose a random match.

Examples:

Play the 1st Disney+ featured video
Code:
plugin://slyguy.disney.plus/?_=collection&content_class=home&label=Featured&slug=home&_autoplay=#0
Play the 1st Disney+ featured video that has Marvel in it's title
Code:
plugin://slyguy.disney.plus/?_=collection&content_class=home&label=Featured&slug=home&_autoplay=Marvel#0
Select a random Disney+ featured video and play it
Code:
plugin://slyguy.disney.plus/?_=collection&content_class=home&label=Featured&slug=home&_autoplay=#random
Search Disney+ for Marvel and play a random result
Code:
plugin://slyguy.disney.plus/?_=search&query=Marvel&_autoplay=#random
Shows a select dialog with all Disney+ featured videos (if only 1 - it would automatically select that)
Code:
plugin://slyguy.disney.plus/?_=collection&content_class=home&label=Featured&slug=home&_autoplay=#

People use this with my Kayo add-on to automatically play any live games of a certain sport via a dedicated PVR channel Smile
Code:
#EXTINF:-1,Live AFL
plugin://plugin.video.kayo.sports/?_=panel&id=gjbdM7J0yVRR&_autoplay=AFL.*LIVE
_autoplay works with any of my add-ons.
i play from the Watchlist, my quality selection set "best" to

im instal now the last version 0.1.9 and tested briefly, ran better than the other versions, no crashes.

tomorrow my little one will be able to test it properly Wink

P.s
the kodi "play next video automatically" option, works for me only with Video files .mkv .avi from the Kodi Library(Movie or Series).
most of my add-ons set the content correctly to Movies or Episodes.
So as long as you have "Play next automatically" enabled for Movies or Episodes - it should play the next item.
Not sure in "mixed lists" (watchlist / continue watching) though.
Hi @matthuisman 

can you pls check content with Dolby Digital 2.0 with passthrough in another language than english ?

Example:

Simpsons, Season 1, Episode 1, Language German DD+ 2.0.

With passthrough it doesnt work.

Thanks in advance!
That will be out of my hands. Either IA or kodi issue. Can you not use the 5.1 audio?
There is no 5.1 audio.

I always use 5.1 if there is available.

Ok, it seems theres a bug with Dolby Digital with 2.0 passthrough.
does anyone have a working link to latest inputstream adaptive for android?
@Johnny1982fd
A bug in kodi?

@markeymark
https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio.../artifacts
(that requires Kodi Matrix)

Pretty sure you can't replace IA on Matrix Android though.
It'll still use the old version (unless you can root access in)

@snoopyjoe 
I suspect your credits issue requires this PR to fix: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17713
(sounds the same issue you have?)
(2020-04-30, 01:31)matthuisman Wrote: @matthuisman @Johnny1982fd
A bug in kodi?

@markeymark
https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio.../artifacts
(that requires Kodi Matrix)

Pretty sure you can't replace IA on Matrix Android though.
It'll still use the old version (unless you can root access in)

@snoopyjoe 
I suspect your credits issue requires this PR to fix: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17713
(sounds the same issue you have?)
@matthuisman 

I guess not a bug in Kodi - more an issue in addon.
What movie or show are you playing that only has 2.0? Does all the 5.1 content work?
What is your hardware? Android? Windows?

The addon is finished its job once playback starts. It just passes kodi the URL to play.

So doubt I'll be able to fix, but I can at least try it out and see if same happens for me
(2020-04-30, 21:15)matthuisman Wrote: What movie or show are you playing that only has 2.0? Does all the 5.1 content work?
What is your hardware? Android? Windows?

The addon is finished its job once playback starts. It just passes kodi the URL to play.

So doubt I'll be able to fix, but I can at least try it out and see if same happens for me
Hi @matthuisman 

Simpsons series, Season 1, Eposiode 1 - German DD+ 2.0 (doesnt work with passthrough)

5.1 works always fine!

I have a Pi 4 with latest LibreElec Version 9.2.1

Thanks for your work !
i notice with DD+ 2.0, then open kodi stream info - it shows audio is unknown and no audio at all (even without pass-through)
So maybe kodi doesnt support DD+ 2.0 - or these audio streams shouldn't actually be shown in the select dialog and 2.0 AAC should be used.

So for now - just use AAC
Unfortunately, appears Kodi defaults to selecting the DD+ 2.0 (not aac)

I could update the proxy to remove these bad audio streams from the m3u8 to fix that.

Ok, looking at the playlist:

Code:
#EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,GROUP-ID="eac-3",NAME="Deutsch",LANGUAGE="de",AUTOSELECT=YES,CHANNELS="2",URI="r/composite_128k_mp4a.40.2_de_PRIMARY_a017ad9f-9775-411f-93cf-75bf1b88456a_9ae373bb-094c-4120-bcf3-edc22c7946a2.m3u8"
#EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,GROUP-ID="aac-128k",NAME="Deutsch",LANGUAGE="de",AUTOSELECT=YES,CHANNELS="2",URI="r/composite_128k_mp4a.40.2_de_PRIMARY_a017ad9f-9775-411f-93cf-75bf1b88456a_9ae373bb-094c-4120-bcf3-edc22c7946a2.m3u8"

You will notice they point to the same URI.
So, the DD+ 2.0 stream is the same as the AAC 2.0 stream.

The reason it doesn't play is because of this
Code:
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=2077153,AVERAGE-BANDWIDTH=1436086,CODECS="avc1.4d401f,ec-3,mp4a.40.2",RESOLUTION=854x480,FRAME-RATE=23.976,AUDIO="eac-3",SUBTITLES="sub-main"

That tells kodi the audio group for this video stream.
You will see CODECS="avc1.4d401f,ec-3,mp4a.40.2"
This lists 2x audio formats as English has ec-3, but German is mp4a.40.2

IA just checks for ec-3 and then sets that as the codec.
So, Kodi / ffmpeg is expects a ec-3 audio stream, but actually gets a AAC stream.

In the debug log
Code:
2020-05-01 12:14:07.175 T:10780   DEBUG: CDVDDemuxClient::RequestStream(): added/updated stream 1007 with codec_id 86056
2020-05-01 12:14:07.175 T:10780  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86056
2020-05-01 12:14:07.175 T:10780  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder eac3
ffmpeg[3ED4]: [eac3] frame sync error
beacuse its actually AAC

Appears IA may need an update as multiple audio codecs in CODECS is valid.
At present, it just looks for eac-3 in CODECS and set that as the codec.

For now, I may be able to edit the m3u8 via the proxy (already used to set default audio)
actually, I dont think there is any possible fix for the m3u8 without breaking English.
(2020-05-01, 01:36)matthuisman Wrote: i notice with DD+ 2.0, then open kodi stream info - it shows audio is unknown and no audio at all (even without pass-through)
So maybe kodi doesnt support DD+ 2.0 - or these audio streams shouldn't actually be shown in the select dialog and 2.0 AAC should be used.

So for now - just use AAC
Unfortunately, appears Kodi defaults to selecting the DD+ 2.0 (not aac)

I could update the proxy to remove these bad audio streams from the m3u8 to fix that.

Ok, looking at the playlist:

Code:
#EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,GROUP-ID="eac-3",NAME="Deutsch",LANGUAGE="de",AUTOSELECT=YES,CHANNELS="2",URI="r/composite_128k_mp4a.40.2_de_PRIMARY_a017ad9f-9775-411f-93cf-75bf1b88456a_9ae373bb-094c-4120-bcf3-edc22c7946a2.m3u8"
#EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=AUDIO,GROUP-ID="aac-128k",NAME="Deutsch",LANGUAGE="de",AUTOSELECT=YES,CHANNELS="2",URI="r/composite_128k_mp4a.40.2_de_PRIMARY_a017ad9f-9775-411f-93cf-75bf1b88456a_9ae373bb-094c-4120-bcf3-edc22c7946a2.m3u8"

You will notice they point to the same URI.
So, the DD+ 2.0 stream is the same as the AAC 2.0 stream.

The reason it doesn't play is because of this
Code:
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=2077153,AVERAGE-BANDWIDTH=1436086,CODECS="avc1.4d401f,ec-3,mp4a.40.2",RESOLUTION=854x480,FRAME-RATE=23.976,AUDIO="eac-3",SUBTITLES="sub-main"

That tells kodi the audio group for this video stream.
You will see CODECS="avc1.4d401f,ec-3,mp4a.40.2"
This lists 2x audio formats as English has ec-3, but German is mp4a.40.2

IA just checks for ec-3 and then sets that as the codec.
So, Kodi / ffmpeg is expects a ec-3 audio stream, but actually gets a AAC stream.

In the debug log
Code:
2020-05-01 12:14:07.175 T:10780   DEBUG: CDVDDemuxClient::RequestStream(): added/updated stream 1007 with codec_id 86056
2020-05-01 12:14:07.175 T:10780  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86056
2020-05-01 12:14:07.175 T:10780  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder eac3
ffmpeg[3ED4]: [eac3] frame sync error
beacuse its actually AAC

Appears IA may need an update as multiple audio codecs in CODECS is valid.
At present, it just looks for eac-3 in CODECS and set that as the codec.

For now, I may be able to edit the m3u8 via the proxy (already used to set default audio)
actually, I dont think there is any possible fix for the m3u8 without breaking English.

Hi @matthuisman 

thanks! Im not sure but i will check to netflix addon regarding DD+ 2.0 passthrough.

I recall that this works with the netflix addon.
It's not actually a DD+ 2.0 issue.

The Disney German DD 2.0 isn't even DD+ - it's AAC 2.0
The problem is that IA is telling Kodi it's DD+ and therefore doesn't play (as its actually AAC)

Pretty sure an update to IA is needed to fix.
I have contacted the dev and will see what he thinks
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disney+13