Garden/cinema room
I built a garden/cinema room last summer for a fun project and it turned out really well!

At the moment it has a 65" Sony TV, cheap soundbar, some LED effect lighting and Kodi running on the latest Nvidia Shield.

Also has a cheap ebay exercise bike that I do pelaton spin sessions with on the screen.

I'm going to upgrade the sounds system next and looking into options.

I've split your post off to give you a fresh start. Smile
Thanks, been over 10 years since I started it Smile
I'm real envious now - only because I don't have a garden! Is this connected to centralised storage though?
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2020-04-19, 14:53)tjay260476 Wrote: I'm real envious now - only because I don't have a garden! Is this connected to centralised storage though?

Yep I have 2 x Qnap NAS in the main house.

Qnap TVS-882ST3 - 4 x 4tb Samsung SSD, 4 x 2TB samsung SSD
Qnap TS-451+ - 4 x 10gb WD hard disk

All connected over 10gbit with a CAT6A cable running down the garden fence! Smile
Hope it’s in some sort of trunking don’t want to be half way through a movie and a squirrel has nibbled through your cat5!

Seriously though, what’s the reasoning by using 2 servers rather than using 1 big one? You know me, I’m a geek when it comes down to server deployment 😀
My Setup thread |
(2020-05-08, 16:40)tjay260476 Wrote: Hope it’s in some sort of trunking don’t want to be half way through a movie and a squirrel has nibbled through your cat5!

Seriously though, what’s the reasoning by using 2 servers rather than using 1 big one? You know me, I’m a geek when it comes down to server deployment 😀
The price of SSDs really. One NAS has 40TB hard disks and is used as an archive or backup.

The other has 24TB of SSD which is what I used for the main storage of TVshows, music and movies.

Works pretty well.
Oh and I forgot to post that i upgraded the speakers!

KEF q550 floorstanders and the KEF q650C center speaker.

No iphone video can do justice to just how good the speakers sound but hopefully you get an idea of the accuracy when it zooms in on the speaker half way through. The rest is just heavy bass which is amazing as well!
I do like the way the speakers blend in with the cabinets - whereas I seem to go for the ad-hoc approach!
My Setup thread |
(2020-05-08, 23:41)docwra Wrote: Oh and I forgot to post that i upgraded the speakers!

KEF q550 floorstanders and the KEF q650C center speaker.

No iphone video can do justice to just how good the speakers sound but hopefully you get an idea of the accuracy when it zooms in on the speaker half way through. The rest is just heavy bass which is amazing as well!

Looks great, i've seen that virtualization or screensaver before. What is it named?
Its not in the regular repostery?
@Karunur 

Let's leave the 'links' behind.
Cool! Having a separate room for watching movies is great. You can be in solitude, take a break from all business and a mountain of problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Garden/cinema room0