Status of marcelveldts kodi-community-addons repo
I have to start with an apology, because this thread might raise multiple topics and I am not even sure if this is the right place, anyway, hope it is ok.

As the topic suggests, the main reason is the kodi-community-addons repo and its current state.
I (probably) fixed a bug in one of the scripts provided by this repo, namely script.skin.helper.backgrounds
But I am not sure what to do with that:
1. It will break current users setting. There was a long standing bug with the way that script generated menu entries and backgroundimages via smart playlists and favorites (Probably emby and  plexbmc as well, but i don't have that, so i can't support that.) The script generated a key id by simply counting the number of playlists /favorites, but of course, this will break everything, as soon as a playlist is added or removed.
I solved that by generating a md5 hash from the files full path, which should work fine (as the filepath is kodis special// path, there shouldn't be problems even if you move to another system, as long as you don't rename the playlist file.)
Anyway, as already stated, it will totally break the behavior of the script, even the documentation will be wrong.
2. Where to submit?
Yeah here is the thing, why i even started that thread in the first place.
There is so many stuff that marcelveldt did, and now it seems like a lot of people are just forking stuff and doing their own thing , but  i would prefer some central and "legit" place to provide my changes (and probably someone who might look into what i did, see the "it will break stuff" point)

And it is not only this little script which is a problem, as i said there is a lot of stuff made, most prominent is probably the titan skin and the skin helper service in general.

So the reason why i ask is not just my little fix, which i can perfectly keep for myself, but the future of all that. As probably anybody knows by now, Kodi 19 will have Python 3 only. This will be probably the final nail in the coffin of my most loved (and hated) Skin, Titan, as it depends heavily on several of marcelveldts scripts. Also of course, the skin itself is a nightmare to maintain (or I am too stupid to do that ;-) ) as it has grown over the years and now it seems to cause the weiredest stuff (see here for example).

So what am I actually asking?
Are there any maintainers out there for the kodi-community-repo ? There where at least some scripts which got an update latley, but i can't see any new people on github.

Or could you, if you are a developer and taking over some of that stuff, at least comment here and tell, if you consider to update that stuff for the official kodi add-on repo?

And of course, if you have an Idea what i should do with my fix, feel free to comment as well ;-)
Marcel is not active anymore and dropped support for all of his addons. The ones that are available in the Matrix repo are maintained by the community. 
Since it's open source and you did breaking changes I suggest you to change the addon-id and submit it to the Kodi repo by yourself. Forking and rebranding for a good reason is not a crime.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-05-08, 13:18)sualfred Wrote: Marcel is not active anymore and dropped support for all of his addons. The ones that are available in the Matrix repo are maintained by the community. 
Since it's open source and you did breaking changes I suggest you to change the addon-id and submit it to the Kodi repo by yourself. Forking and rebranding for a good reason is not a crime.

Would it be possible to get compiled a list of who is maintaining which of these add-ons?
Not sure anyone is maintaining a single plugin. Contribute where you can Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Status of marcelveldts kodi-community-addons repo0