• 4(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2020-05-26, 17:13)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 17:00)freebits Wrote: @Sam.Nazarko

Can you let me know your contact info? Interested in importing Vero 4K+ in South Korea. Thanks.

It's sales (at) osmc dot tv.

Thanks

Sam 

Thank you. An email was sent!
I bought the Vero 4k+ about a year ago, just to test and compar it with other (Kodi) HTPC's and media-players. The lacking of 3D MVC support was the reason that I put the device aside.
So joy to the world when I read this topic about the working (test) support for 3D MVC video. And after installing the latest available test build I could see that the Real 3D quality was great.

But... No video I play will go to the end, no matter what media format, they just stop playing, without any error whatsoever. I really have a lot I can test, believe me.

Sometimes I can start it again, it will stop again, sometimes I can't start it at all, press play, nothing happens, no error, sometimes I get the error that the media is missing and if I want to remove it from my library? Results are different every time.
Rebooting the Vero solves the issue, but not for long.

On that same 1GB network connection I test a lot of different media-players, and none of them shows that same problem under Kodi. Connection to Synology NAS is configured the same as on all the other players, for years and years.
I've read something about Vero's with a faulty network connection, but mine is bought some time after that period (May 2019), so that could not be the problem.

So...., anyone got any idea what is going on that gives these abort problems, just with this device an no other one? Any hint what to try?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2020-05-26, 18:55)p750mmx Wrote: I bought the Vero 4k+ about a year ago, just to test and compar it with other (Kodi) HTPC's and media-players. The lacking of 3D MVC support was the reason that I put the device aside.
So joy to the world when I read this topic about the working (test) support for 3D MVC video. And after installing the latest available test build I could see that the Real 3D quality was great.

But... No video I play will go to the end, no matter what media format, they just stop playing, without any error whatsoever. I really have a lot I can test, believe me.

Sometimes I can start it again, it will stop again, sometimes I can't start it at all, press play, nothing happens, no error, sometimes I get the error that the media is missing and if I want to remove it from my library? Results are different every time.

On that same 1GB network connection I test a lot of different media-players, and none of them shows that same problem under Kodi. Connection to Synology NAS is configured the same as on all the other players, for years and years.
I've read something about Vero's with a faulty network connection, but mine is bought some time after that period (May 2019), so that could not be the problem.

So...., anyone got any idea what is going on that gives these abort problems, just with this device an no other one? Any hint what to try?

That sounds unusual.
Did you try local playback from a drive at all?

It’s hard to speculate without logs but if you open a support request we should be able to assist you

Sam
Lightbulb 
(2020-05-26, 19:31)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 18:55)p750mmx Wrote: I bought the Vero 4k+ about a year ago, just to test and compar it with other (Kodi) HTPC's and media-players. The lacking of 3D MVC support was the reason that I put the device aside.

That sounds unusual.

It’s hard to speculate without logs but if you open a support request we should be able to assist you

Sam   
Excuse Sam, I don't know why i didn't think of it before... I have a USB-Lan adapter and placed it in the Vero. It still is running the same video I've started right after I've saw the light. Ow boy, sometimes....   No So I test more with that adapter and will get back.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2020-05-26, 21:47)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 19:31)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:

That sounds unusual.

Sam    
Excuse Sam, I don't know why i didn't think of it before... I have a USB-Lan adapter and placed it in the Vero. It still is running the same video I've started right after I've saw the light. Ow boy, sometimes....   No So I test more with that adapter and will get back. 

If you have a Vero 4K +, then the internal Ethernet adapter will significantly outperform any external adapter.
If you still have issues, see https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-subm...t-request/

Cheers

Sam
(2020-05-26, 22:58)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 21:47)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 19:31)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: That sounds unusual.

Sam    

If you have a Vero 4K +, then the internal Ethernet adapter will significantly outperform any external adapter.
If you still have issues, see https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-subm...t-request/

Cheers

Sam 
That is clear as a bel Sam, but if it causes issues the performance alone doesn't do the job Wink
Still testing here, first movie played 100% to the end, next a 3D MVC video is now playing, but it looks that my issue is the onboard LAN connection. Will see if the support link will give me al solution, thank you for the link.
(2020-05-26, 23:11)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 22:58)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 21:47)p750mmx Wrote: Excuse Sam, I don't know why i didn't think of it before... I have a USB-Lan adapter and placed it in the Vero. It still is running the same video I've started right after I've saw the light. Ow boy, sometimes....   No So I test more with that adapter and will get back.  

Cheers

Sam   
That is clear as a bel Sam, but if it causes issues the performance alone doesn't do the job Wink
Still testing here, first movie played 100% to the end, next a 3D MVC video is now playing, but it looks that my issue is the onboard LAN connection. Will see if the support link will give me al solution, thank you for the link.  
We haven't had reports of this, which is why I suggest starting a support request.
Provided you have a Vero 4K + and not a Vero 4K, the integrated Ethernet should provide significantly better performance in comparison to a USB based Ethernet adapter.

Thanks
Sam
(2020-05-26, 23:43)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:11)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 22:58)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: If you have a Vero 4K +, then the internal Ethernet adapter will significantly outperform any external adapter.

Cheers

Sam   
We haven't had reports of this, which is why I suggest starting a support request.
Provided you have a Vero 4K + and not a Vero 4K, the integrated Ethernet should provide significantly better performance in comparison to a USB based Ethernet adapter.

Thanks
Sam 
My order was for a 4k+, your invoice says is a 4k+, and so it says on the bottom of the device. I conclude its a 4k+ Wink
(2020-05-26, 23:52)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:43)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:11)p750mmx Wrote: That is clear as a bel Sam, but if it causes issues the performance alone doesn't do the job Wink

Thanks
Sam  
My order was for a 4k+, your invoice says is a 4k+, and so it says on the bottom of the device. I conclude its a 4k+ Wink 
Then you should start a support request so we can get this resolved for you.

Thanks

Sam
Vero 4K+ has become my favorite media player, whether I had reviewed it or not. Most everything just plays well & I don't need to worry about which player for what type of media. Likely eBay'ing off my 2017 nVidia Shield and just sticking w/Vero 4K+, and ODROID N2 w/CoreELEC (as backup) for Kodi use. Using Fire TV Stick 4K for online streaming use. Keeping Zidoo Z9S as a backup for 3D and 4K.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2020-05-26, 23:58)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:52)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:43)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: We haven't had reports of this, which is why I suggest starting a support request.

Thanks
Sam  

Thanks

Sam   
Excuse for my somewhat late response @Sam.Nazarko but it took a bit of time for me to test what I wanted to test to get things clear (for me).

After testing and testing with the 3D MVC build, and not being able to get the issues fixed that I have with this build, I reverted back to the last final build (March) for the Vero 4k+.
Starting clean with the March build, and restored the backup I made before installing that build, no problem whatsoever up till now. I've tested the same material and really no issues.

Maybe others don't have the issues that I hade with the MVC test build, but I wait for a final 3D MVC build. So I put the Vero aside for now and wait for that moment Wink

It doesn't make sense (for me), to start a support request when it seems that there is nothing wrong with the hardware, when using the last final software. Still, thank you for your support in this.
(2020-05-28, 21:34)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:58)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 23:52)p750mmx Wrote: My order was for a 4k+, your invoice says is a 4k+, and so it says on the bottom of the device. I conclude its a 4k+ Wink    

Thanks

Sam    
Excuse for my somewhat late response @Sam.Nazarko but it took a bit of time for me to test what I wanted to test to get things clear (for me).

After testing and testing with the 3D MVC build, and not being able to get the issues fixed that I have with this build, I reverted back to the last final build (March) for the Vero 4k+.
Starting clean with the March build, and restored the backup I made before installing that build, no problem whatsoever up till now. I've tested the same material and really no issues.

Maybe others don't have the issues that I hade with the MVC test build, but I wait for a final 3D MVC build. So I put the Vero aside for now and wait for that moment Wink

It doesn't make sense (for me), to start a support request when it seems that there is nothing wrong with the hardware, when using the last final software. Still, thank you for your support in this. 

We'll have another build in a couple of weeks which will improve things further, but there is no guarantee your issues will be fixed. 
Unfortunately without any logs from you currently, we don't have anything directly to resolve.

If this is still an issue in a few weeks I would recommend providing logs so we can look in to this properly.

Many thanks,

Sam
Hi @p750mmx, maybe try fstab to mount your shares and see if that helps with playback from start to finish.
Hi, I have just purchased this from Amazon as a replacement for my ageing HTPC. 

I was under the impression that this ran its own dedicated operating system however I have just powered it on and it boots to a google smart tv menu with KD player and lots of Icefilms type add ons built in. 

Can someone explain if it should be booting to a linux based OS not Google?
(2020-06-03, 14:11)newstuart Wrote: Hi, I have just purchased this from Amazon as a replacement for my ageing HTPC. 

I was under the impression that this ran its own dedicated operating system however I have just powered it on and it boots to a google smart tv menu with KD player and lots of Icefilms type add ons built in. 

Can someone explain if it should be booting to a linux based OS not Google?
I think you got a fake. It should boot straight to kodi. Do you see an OSMC logo while booting up? Can you take photos?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1