• 10(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
*deleted*
I had a couple of issues this weekend:

1 bluray title with PCM track video froze while audio kept going and some new titles didn't get added to my library. Has anyone experience issues with a movie with PCM track?
(2020-08-31, 05:19)Edworld Wrote: I had a couple of issues this weekend:

1 bluray title with PCM track video froze while audio kept going and some new titles didn't get added to my library. Has anyone experience issues with a movie with PCM track?

Please start a support request so we can deal with this for you promptly

Cheers

Sam
In case anyone missed it, recently released... a new 'testing' update with Kodi 18.8 and 3D support added back in. It seems to be a stable one w/some bug fixes for 3D. Think only the macroblocking issue, affecting a few titles like 'Avatar', remains for 3D. Not holding out hope for this fix as it's dependent on AMLogic I believe.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2020-09-29, 17:42)hdmkv Wrote: In case anyone missed it, recently released... a new 'testing' update with Kodi 18.8 and 3D support added back in. It seems to be a stable one w/some bug fixes for 3D. Think only the macroblocking issue, affecting a few titles like 'Avatar', remains for 3D. Not holding out hope for this fix as it's dependent on AMLogic I believe.

I have been running my Vero with first this latest "test build" and it has installed several updates since. I think the latest is from October now. So far so good!

I have to say that I think the picture quality on the Vero4K+ is better than my Roku Ultra. The fact I can play 3D-MVC, 4K with HDR and Atmos on the same box is completely awesome!
(2020-09-29, 17:42)hdmkv Wrote: Think only the macroblocking issue, affecting a few titles like 'Avatar', remains for 3D. Not holding out hope for this fix as it's dependent on AMLogic I believe.
It's early days yet, but there's still a chance of a fix for this:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/testing-linu...84874/1569
Very promising.
I'm happy to note that, after a couple of false starts, they now have depth-correct 3D PGS subtitles fully working.
Once the occasional macroblocking issue affecting the few 3D titles is fixed, Vero 4K+ will be the perfect Kodi 3D player. Sadly, just as 3D Blu-ray releases are now really dying out Sad. Plan to continue enjoying the 430 3D titles I have, but will sorely miss new release that would be great in 3D.
Hi guys,

I am considering getting a Vero, but I would like to ask some questions first:

Here's my hardware:
TV: LG OLED C9
AVR: Yamaha RX-V485
Storage: Seagate 8TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 External HDD

1) Can I plug in the HDD (formatted in NTFS) and play my media from it without any issues/stutters? My most 'demanding' files are 2160p HEVC 10bit HDR MKVs with around 30-40Mbps bitrate, so nothing special, really. From what I have seen/read it's capable of playing files with much higher bitrate.
2) Will I be able to output the lossless audio tracks available (DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD, etc...) within the MKVs on the Seagate to my AVR (it supports those formats)?

Some questions about subtitles: All my subs are regular .SRT files with the same name as the MKVs.

3) Does it recognise Cyrillic characters? Most probably YES, but just to be sure.
4) Can I move them at the very bottom of the TV screen?
5) Are there any colour options, and if yes, what? For example, can I make them dark grey? The normal white subs are quite bright when watching HDR content.
6) What is the option for the subtitles size? Is it the 'small, normal, big', or you can select a number for a font size for a fine tuning?

I haven't found an article or a video where all the settings are shown, and the official User Manual has only basic info, so that's why I am writing here.

Thank you in advance! Smile

Cheers,
Ivo
Can anyone help, please?

Thank you.
(2020-12-05, 13:25)DigitriX Wrote: Hi guys,

I am considering getting a Vero, but I would like to ask some questions first:

Here's my hardware:
TV: LG OLED C9
AVR: Yamaha RX-V485
Storage: Seagate 8TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 External HDD

1) Can I plug in the HDD (formatted in NTFS) and play my media from it without any issues/stutters? My most 'demanding' files are 2160p HEVC 10bit HDR MKVs with around 30-40Mbps bitrate, so nothing special, really. From what I have seen/read it's capable of playing files with much higher bitrate.
2) Will I be able to output the lossless audio tracks available (DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD, etc...) within the MKVs on the Seagate to my AVR (it supports those formats)?

Some questions about subtitles: All my subs are regular .SRT files with the same name as the MKVs.

3) Does it recognise Cyrillic characters? Most probably YES, but just to be sure.
4) Can I move them at the very bottom of the TV screen?
5) Are there any colour options, and if yes, what? For example, can I make them dark grey? The normal white subs are quite bright when watching HDR content.
6) What is the option for the subtitles size? Is it the 'small, normal, big', or you can select a number for a font size for a fine tuning?

I haven't found an article or a video where all the settings are shown, and the official User Manual has only basic info, so that's why I am writing here.

Thank you in advance! Smile

Cheers,
Ivo
Hi,

1. Yes -- but I would recommend using a different filesystem, such as  exFAT, for performance reasons. Keep in mind that the USB drive will need to be externally  powered.
2. Yes. This is configurable under Audio Settings.
3. Yes, but you may need to change the default font in OSMC under Skin Settings
4/5. Yes -- see https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/L...#Subtitles
6. Should also be answered above

Hope this helps

Sam
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the answers.

Yes, the USB is externally powered to the grid.
It's not possible to convert NTFS to exFAT without losing data, and right now transferring the data to another place is not possible for me.
What exactly are the performance concerns you mentioned? Something like slow enumeration of available content (if there are plenty of objects on the disk), or actual performance issues during playback (stutter, etc.)?
Currently, I connect it directly to the USB ports of the TV and watch on the build-in WebOS Media Player without any problems.
However, that Media Player has some limitations and that's why I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks.
(2020-12-07, 18:04)DigitriX Wrote: Hi Sam,

Thanks for the answers.

Yes, the USB is externally powered to the grid.
It's not possible to convert NTFS to exFAT without losing data, and right now transferring the data to another place is not possible for me.
What exactly are the performance concerns you mentioned? Something like slow enumeration of available content (if there are plenty of objects on the disk), or actual performance issues during playback (stutter, etc.)?
Currently, I connect it directly to the USB ports of the TV and watch on the build-in WebOS Media Player without any problems.
However, that Media Player has some limitations and that's why I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks.

NTFS is implemented on Linux via userspace using FUSE. This means that support is not native, and there are therefore performance penalties and CPU overhead.
You should be fine for reading / playing back files, but if you were conducting intense write operations, you will notice degraded performance. 

It's just worth mentioning, as if you choose to upgrade the drive's capacity in the future, exFAT will be a better bet for performance, but also allow you to retain compatibility on Windows systems (which I presume you  are using to load the contents of the drive)

Cheers

Sam
Thanks again, Sam!

Once connected to the Vero, it will be used only for playback and nothing else.

All the 'write' operations are done in Windows OS, as you correctly guessed.

Cheers,
Ivo
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1