Is it possible with Kodi to play 25fps videos at 23.976/24fps?
Hello there. I'm using Kodi v18.6 (Leia), and I was wondering if there is some setting in Kodi that would allow me to play videos encoded at the European 25fps, at my regular North American TV's NTSC speed (24fps/23.976fps)? Right now all my 25fps videos play faster than normal, and I can detect a slightly faster (higher pitch) audio as well. Thanks to everyone replying in advance.
(2020-05-08, 16:56)cocopugg Wrote: Hello there. I'm using Kodi v18.6 (Leia), and I was wondering if there is some setting in Kodi that would allow me to play videos encoded at the European 25fps, at my regular North American TV's NTSC speed (24fps/23.976fps)? Right now all my 25fps videos play faster than normal, and I can detect a slightly faster (higher pitch) audio as well. Thanks to everyone replying in advance.
NTSC broadcasts are at 30 fps, PAL at 25 fps. Movies are almost always 24 fps.

What content are you talking about here exactly? If it's a US show it should be encoded at 30 fps as per the original broadcast, likewise any UK/European show should be encoded at 25 fps. The only possible scenario where there is any adjustment of audio is where you are watching a UK show in the USA, or vice-versa, via a live TV channel. In that scenario it's the studio who are doing it, and as such there is no setting to change what they are broadcasting.

There is an option to switch refresh rates to ensure you don't get any judder, but that's seperate to what you are asking.
There is no easy way to do it. I have a few PAL dvd's and managed to do it but it requires some work: First you have to seperate video and audio files from the DVD. You can then use eac3to to slow down the audio from 25 to 24 fps, and use MKVtoolnix to merge the video and slowed audio together into a MKV container. You have to set the playback speed for the video track to 24fps.
You'll end up with perfectly 24fps version of the original PAL, in MKV container.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible with Kodi to play 25fps videos at 23.976/24fps?0