Cannot play img file on kodi
Hi,
I've a Qnap NAS TVS-673
HD Station ver 4.1.0
Fast programversion 4.4.2.1270
Mykodi18 18.0a1.1
I cannot play img files, I've tried to extract .rar file but it dos'nt help.
When I click on the file in kodi, sometimes plays the intro and then get the picture black or hanging.
Someone know whats wrong?
Thanks for your time!
(2020-05-13, 16:03)micanmg Wrote: Someone know whats wrong?

An .img file is rather vague. What is supposed to be in the img file?
One photo, a whole CD/DVD disc...?

IMG files are usually full disc files, and having them in compressed .rar files also doesn't help.
(2020-05-13, 17:45)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-13, 16:03)micanmg Wrote: Someone know whats wrong?

An .img file is rather vague. What is supposed to be in the img file?
One photo, a whole CD/DVD disc...?

IMG files are usually full disc files, and having them in compressed .rar files also doesn't help. 
Sorry for my late reply, I have not received any notice of your reply.
My video files from DVD in .img format are not working.
They are compressed in .rar from the beginning.
I've tried to unpack them but it didn't help.
(2020-05-16, 10:06)micanmg Wrote: My video files from DVD in .img format are not working.
".img" isn't a format, it's a file extension: https://fileinfo.com/extension/img - so it begs the question: where did you get these files?  What application made them?

Now, if it was one huge DVD image with an .ISO extension, or the individual video files with a .VOB extension, that's another matter. 

If the file is around 4.7GB in size, try renaming it to .ISO to see if Kodi recognises it as a renamed ISO image.
(2020-05-16, 17:32)Preacher Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 10:06)micanmg Wrote: My video files from DVD in .img format are not working.
".img" isn't a format, it's a file extension: https://fileinfo.com/extension/img - so it begs the question: where did you get these files?  What application made them?

Now, if it was one huge DVD image with an .ISO extension, or the individual video files with a .VOB extension, that's another matter. 

If the file is around 4.7GB in size, try renaming it to .ISO to see if Kodi recognises it as a renamed ISO image. 
Sorry for my mistake.

It´s one large file (4.37 GB).

Changing file extension from .img to .iso did not work.

All of these films work on my window machine in kodi but not on my qnap with HD station and kodi.
It is when the menu is played back that the picture only becomes black and the only thing you can do is stop with X or backspace to come back.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-05-16, 19:15)black_eagle Wrote: Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
I think that ought to read "Post partial or redacted logs if you only want partial or redacted help.  Post full logs if you want us to fully analyse the problem"
(2020-05-16, 22:03)Preacher Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 19:15)black_eagle Wrote: Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
I think that ought to read "Post partial or redacted logs if you only want partial or redacted help.  Post full logs if you want us to fully analyse the problem" 
https://paste.kodi.tv/zonetiguyu
(2020-05-18, 11:38)micanmg Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 22:03)Preacher Wrote:
https://paste.kodi.tv/zonetiguyu 

I really hope I did right now.
Thank you for your patience and time.
(2020-05-18, 11:44)micanmg Wrote: I really hope I did right now.
Job's a good' un!

I'm no expert, but "could not find codec parameters for rar' - could it be that you're missing some codecs there?

As it plays on your Windows machine, can you use Windows Explorer to obtain more information about the .IMG file - what Windows believes it to be?  Perhaps that may shed more information which could enable Kodi to play it also.
(2020-06-12, 22:02)Preacher Wrote:
Job's a good' un!

I'm no expert, but "could not find codec parameters for rar' - could it be that you're missing some codecs there?

As it plays on your Windows machine, can you use Windows Explorer to obtain more information about the .IMG file - what Windows believes it to be?  Perhaps that may shed more information which could enable Kodi to play it also.
Hi, I have same problem, but I managed to unrar the files and then I opened the img file. It contains vob files. Kodi was able to run the img file if it was unpacked first.
(2020-06-14, 01:02)Altersberg Wrote: Hi, I have same problem, but I managed to unrar the files and then I opened the img file. It contains vob files. Kodi was able to run the img file if it was unpacked first.
So... in your case, the .IMG file is actually a RAR archive, and contained VOBs from a DVD. 

We're still trying to establish if that is micanmg's issue also.
(2020-06-12, 22:02)Preacher Wrote:
Job's a good' un!

Do you know which codec I missing and where I could find it?
11:33:51.361 T:140517318363584 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.0-ALPHA2 Git:20180519-5afb532). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
11:33:51.361 T:140517318363584 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x64 build
11:33:51.361 T:140517318363584 NOTICE: Kodi compiled May 19 2018 by GCC 4.9.4 for Linux x86 64-bit version 3.13.11 (199947)
11:33:51.361 T:140517318363584 NOTICE: Running on Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.2.8

Well, it's all up to you guys, but if I were you, then I would stop supporting such outdated Kodi version. You are trying to support "Alpha 2" of Kodi 18 which is about over 2 years old now. I'm not going to support that, but I won't stop you Wink

Beside the fact that the Ubuntu version he's running is outdated as well and I would also recommend to update that. Won't give any support for such a stone-aged OS as well. Wink 

Sorry

Edit:

And for the record. As that file seems to be rar'd that's a good indicator that it was downloaded from somewhere. Not blaming that. Just saying that those downloaded rar-files which provide some ISO/img file might not be made to be run directly in Kodi then. Just wanted to say that this ISO might not play at all, no matter of the Kodi version. And we can't say what  might be wrong with it, because I suppose that the guys who is asking here didn't create the that file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play img file on kodi0