Names of albums in Music
I am having an issue with some albums displaying the artist name below the album name on a wall display of albums.  I loaded 5 albums into 3 libraries (GrandParent, Children, GrandChildren libraries).  The first album when into the Grandparent library and the artist name did NOT appear below the album name on the album wall screen.  I added two albums to the GrandChildren library same artist at the first album and they appeared without the artist name showing below the album name on the album wall screen.  I added a single album for a new artist to the Children library and it appears WITH the artist name under the album name in the album wall display.  I added another new album to the Children library with a third different artist.  It appeared with the artist name under the album name on the album wall screen.  Why do artists appear sometimes below the album name and not at other times -- can this behavior be made to be consistent with an option I have not found to always display the artist in this case?  At one time I thought this may have to do with albums that had MusicBrainz ids and those that did not.  All 5 of the albums I used in this test case have MusicBrainz ids, I saw them in the exported .nfo files from the Music Library.  I also confirmed them using the MusicBrainz Picard app to update the metadata if required.

Thanks.
The answer appears to be how the following section of the album.nfo file is completed

as this appears there is no artist name.  Fill them in and the artist name appears under the album.
    <albumArtistCredits>
        <artist></artist>
        <musicBrainzArtistID></musicBrainzArtistID>
    </albumArtistCredits>
If you need that entry in your nfo file, then it sounds like your music files have not been tagged correctly.

I suggest you use MusicBrainz Picard to tag your music files correctly. Also add the settings shown in sect 4.2 and 4.3 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tagging
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-13, 17:41)pasha-19 Wrote: Why do artists appear sometimes below the album name and not at other times -- can this behavior be made to be consistent with an option I have not found to always display the artist in this case? 

The wall view for music albums shows the album title and the album artist.  This can't be changed by any option.

Album artist is a role or link between one or more artists and an album.  So Kodi may have an entry for an artist, but the artist is not linked to the album.  The best way to handle this is to use the album artist tag in your music files -- that way Kodi when it scans your files will get the correct album artist.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Names of albums in Music0