MP4 Subtitles (TX3G) Subtitle problems
Usually I had been using SRT subs with most of the movies or TV shows, however, lately I noticed an issue with the subs, namely they will play for a little while (2-4 minutes), then disappear.  If I back track  10 seconds they comeback.   So I started looking at what is wrong, and I can point to the subs format, which is TX3G.

Apparently Handbrake automatically converts SRT subs to TX3G format when encoding to MP4.  Regular Windows media players such as VLC or MPC-HC, seem to handle the subs OK, but when I play the same video in Kodi (18.3 and 18.6), I have the problem.  Originally I thought this was a Kodi problem, but when I revert back to the default Estuary skin, the problem goes away, so it's an issue with Rapier.

Can someone look into this and see what's going on?  How does Rapier's handling of the subs differ from the default skin, Estuary?
So does anyone else have this issue?
Hi Dudeman.

That sounds very strange.
Rapier's handling of subtitles shouldn't at all differ from Estuary.

Can you provide a test file with that type of subs (perhaps send it in a PM)?
And perhaps a debug log when the issue happens: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Which version of Rapier and Kodi do you use?
(2020-05-21, 12:31)Gade Wrote: Hi Dudeman.

That sounds very strange.
Rapier's handling of subtitles shouldn't at all differ from Estuary.

Can you provide a test file with that type of subs (perhaps send it in a PM)?
And perhaps a debug log when the issue happens: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Which version of Rapier and Kodi do you use?
Hi, I'm using the latest versions of KODI (18.6), and Rapier 11.2.56.  I'll send you a PM with a link to the video file.  FWIW, I tried this on 3 different computers, including an installation on my regular workstation, and this is just a plain  KODI install and Rapier.  Nothing else.
Weird, and it only happens with Rapier?

I only need a short test file. Can be anything.
I PM'd a link to the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4 Subtitles (TX3G) Subtitle problems0