Access Library from ipad and mac?
Sorry if this is a really newbie question but here goes anyway.I have been using Trakt for some time but wouod like to give the Kodi Library function a good try.
I like the fact that I can add/subtract etc shows and movies from my iPad or iMac from the Trakt website.Is there a way that I can do the same with Library either via app or website?My Kodi is on a Shield if that makes a difference.
(2020-05-21, 07:53)roysmith Wrote: I like the fact that I can add/subtract etc shows and movies from my iPad or iMac from the Trakt website.

I never used Trakt myself, and my math skills are okayish, but I guess you mean adding and & deleting movies/shows from a global centralized database.
That can be done via a MySQL or MariaDB database server running on one of your computers. Some people will use a separate low-power Raspberry Pi for that.
The only other requirement is that all connected Kodi clients are using the same major version (17,18,etc) of Kodi.
(2020-05-21, 08:54)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 07:53)roysmith Wrote: I like the fact that I can add/subtract etc shows and movies from my iPad or iMac from the Trakt website.

I never used Trakt myself, and my math skills are okayish, but I guess you mean adding and & deleting movies/shows from a global centralized database.
That can be done via a MySQL or MariaDB database server running on one of your computers. Some people will use a separate low-power Raspberry Pi for that.
The only other requirement is that all connected Kodi clients are using the same major version (17,18,etc) of Kodi. 

Although you have baffled me with science,thats what I was asking.Also when I have dabbled with Library in the past I could never delete a title without it appearing again on Kodi startup.What is the best method?
(2020-05-21, 10:16)roysmith Wrote: Also when I have dabbled with Library in the past I could never delete a title without it appearing again on Kodi startup

That sounds .. weird. Any database access will be read/write, so entries will be removed. Perhaps your "file server" was readonly somehow, and thus files reappeared after a scan during reboot/restart?
The vast majority of Kodi users have no problems with deleting and database access, so you could probably install MySQL into your Mac. Where are your media files stored?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access Library from ipad and mac?0