Freeview and now tv setup viable ?
Is it possible to setup Kodi to have an EPG with the following all in one
- freeview channels (from tvheadend or similar)
- now tv channels

I’d see now tv channels having EPG data from a public source (they are channels on Sky for instance) and the now tv channels opening the now tv app(kodi and now tv running on android)

For me the aim is to have an EPG with all the channels I have, without switching from Kodi to the now tv app. I accept it can’t be completely seem less as the now tv app is needed as streams are protected by DRM
I think you've answered your own question

Now tv don't offer their streams in any standard HTML5/browser streaming format last time I checked, which makes an addon similar to Netflix or Amazon video a lot more difficult

Its not impossible but they have made their platform pretty hostile to using anything but their proprietary apps
(2020-05-23, 12:36)jools5000 Wrote: I think you've answered your own question

Now tv don't offer their streams in any standard HTML5/browser streaming format last time I checked, which makes an addon similar to Netflix or Amazon video a lot more difficult

Its not impossible but they have made their platform pretty hostile to using anything but their proprietary apps
I agree that trying to make a native plugin to fetch and decrypt their streams would be a lot of work (and perhaps of dubious legality). I'm simply wanting to make the existing app tie in to Kodi as best as possible

EPG data could be taken for  http://tvprofil.net/xmltv/ for the live channels, and there is an app for Android. Could Kodi not display the channel in EPG and launch the app when a Now TV channel is selected ? certainly its possible to use a link like nowtv://go/live/entertainment to get to the live channels on Android from a web browser (There aren't such links to take you direct to a channel sadly)
(2020-05-24, 13:30)Martinw Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 12:36)jools5000 Wrote:  
 I'm simply wanting to make the existing app tie in to Kodi as best as possible    
This thread may be of interest to you then, which I spotted last week:-
354324 (thread)
NowTVs recent changes to a player only app requiring a web browser may make some level of library browsing eaiser to implement, until this update I had been using advanced launcher to open the windows app
(2021-03-27, 19:36)loggin Wrote: NowTVs recent changes to a player only app requiring a web browser may make some level of library browsing eaiser to implement, until this update I had been using advanced launcher to open the windows app

I can't see this reported anywhere else online, but if I subscribe again I may take a look. If the change allows a plugin which supports https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv.manager that you be fantastic

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeview and now tv setup viable ?0