I've Lurked on here since Xbox, Finally posting my true budget theater build.
First of all this forum has been a asset to me and my kodi adventures, I've always stayed a version or two back but really started opening up kodi for more then just a media organizer.

Also I'm just sharing because like my car its awesome to share with people that get it and not just my girlfriend saying "thats awesome babe" lol

Our house had a room above the garage that had no use and i aquired a projector years ago. So my girlfriend and I thought it'd be cool to watch movies.  started watching movies on a salmon wall. I got tired of that went to a sheet, a screen and it slowly snowballed after many Value village and offer up shopping trips and then upgrades upon upgrades I'd find.

Honestly I've probably spent about 600-700 over 3 years. I'd love a few more curtains to block windows. Girlfriend just recently wanted to change the room color to a dark grey. So its coming out pretty awesome.

Thought I'd share what I thought was true Patient budget build (besides my PC, I'm a graphic designer that works from home so couldn't skimp out on that.)

Only spanking new things I've purchased $40 Screen rolled on amazon, some 1x2s from home depot + hardware and misc small cables.

Most everything else I'd find for cheap (or what i thought was cheap)  on offerup or value village.

Can elaborate on anything you'd guys like feel free to ask.

EDIT And yes I literally found someone who had the Wall-e photo as their background and thought it was awesome so I copied it.
My setup is also done as cheap as possible, I started off with a semi permanent solution but as things are evolving, I am now going more toward the permanent solution! Just one question - is that your work PC, or a server, or both?! Big Grin
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I did the projector setup from 2005 to 2010, but I went back to a 60" TV. I'm about to replace it with a 65" 4k.
The main reason I didn't stick to a projector setup was because I'm photosensible and I was spending too much time in that dark, light controlled room... which was messing up my sleep cycles and bouts of depression. 

Now my old cinema room is splitted between my home office and media room with plenty of natural light.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I've Lurked on here since Xbox, Finally posting my true budget theater build.0