Change certain font size
Hello everyone.
I was modifying some font sizes per my needs and according to recommendations from forum.
I changed some font sizes in \skin.estuary\xml\Font.xml file, and while that increased font size which I intended to, also it increased something I didn't want. Obviosly more than one font uses certain font name from that xml file.
Is there any documentation that can help with this, where I can see which font name is for some particular font?

Also, is it possible to add new font name in Font.xml (for example font999) and use it in some other xml file (for example DialogKeyboard.xml)?

Thanks in advance.
I don't think there is any documentation on which font size is used where in Estuary.  But the answer to your second question is yes, you can add new font names and then use it wherever you want. So if your problem is font20, you could have one named font20special (the names are case sensitive) that you use just in that one dialog box.  Just copy the lines for font20 in the Font.xml file, paste them right below, and then change the name and whatever else you need to change.
Thanks pkscout.

I was thinking there's no documentation or at least comments which fonts are for what.
Main issue for me is to find how to locate certain font in bunch of xml files.
Use a decent text editor such as Notepad++ and you'll have the option to find something within any of the files in a specified folder, so for example you can do a search on font13 with the xml folder selected and it will search all xml's for use of that font and make sure to check Defaults.xml as many reoccurring elements have their default properties set there.

You can create a new "fontset" in font.xml (suggest copying an existing fontset and renaming it).  The new fontset is available via the interface settings.  Then you can tweak the sizes in the new fontset, while keeping the names so the skin still works.   There's a problem with addons using their own fonts and they will often use "font13" in their xml windows which is always available.  So be aware of windows opened by addons.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks for suggestions.
Currently I have custom fontset but thing is that somerimes I increase particular font which makes bigger something I wanted to be bigger, but also something that I didn't want.
Meaning, some fonts are "shared" and used by more than one element.
(2020-06-16, 15:46)garson Wrote: Thanks pkscout.

I was thinking there's no documentation or at least comments which fonts are for what.
Main issue for me is to find how to locate certain font in bunch of xml files.

if you can run notepad ++ and use find in file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change certain font size0