Ignoring folders and source formats
When I define a source and select a shared drive on my server it is saved as U:\.
When I add a folder to ignore, eg U:\Movie Extras, it is converted to \\server\movies-4\movie extras.
Is there a reason these are formatted differently?

I added \\server\movies-4\movie extras to the ignore list, but the folder's contents are still added to the database. Adding .tmmignore works around the problem, but is this supposed to work this way (As in adding the folder to the list is not meant to stop the folder's contents being added)?

My structure is U:\ points to \\server\movies.
On \\server\movies is a symlink that points to \\server\movies-4\Movie Extras as I have 4 x 12TB drives for movies and to reduce the number of drive letters required the movies are split by genre across the 4 drives.

Eg; (--> = Symlinked)

\\server\movies\action
\\server\movies\drama --> \\server\moveis-2\drama
\\server\movies\marvel --> \\server\movies-3\marvel

I tried a folder on \\server\movies and it still got added, so I don't think the above structure is causing the issue.
tmm can just compare paths - if the path is somehow "translated" by any layer in the system stack (Java/Windows/..) tmm cannot compare it any more. The dialogs for choosing any path in windows just return _any_ path.. from Java we do not know that U:\ is \\server\movies - we can only say that one is different from the other..

especially these (ugly) unc paths often only make problems rather than solve it Wink but I am happy you found a workaround
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-06-26, 16:43)mlaggner Wrote: tmm can just compare paths - if the path is somehow "translated" by any layer in the system stack (Java/Windows/..) tmm cannot compare it any more. The dialogs for choosing any path in windows just return _any_ path.. from Java we do not know that U:\ is \\server\movies - we can only say that one is different from the other..

especially these (ugly) unc paths often only make problems rather than solve it Wink but I am happy you found a workaround
Uh, ok. I have no idea what that means. But I guess the low down is the exclude paths feature in tmm doesn't work. So I won't use it. The way to ignore a folder then is to create the .tmmignore object in the folder to be ignored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ignoring folders and source formats0