Rotten Tomatoes without Skin Helper Service
Hi,

first off all i'm brand new to skinning so forgive me if i ask something silly Smile

I'm using Kodi 18.7 with Emby for Kodi addon and the Bingie skin that i want to modify.

The problem is that at the moment Rotten Tomatoes ratings only get shown if SHS gives something back.
In Emby i can set a Rotten Tomatoes rating and it will save it in the Kodi DB ratings table with the rating_type: tomatometerallcritics
But even after the Kodi DB is properly updated i still don't get a Rotten Tomato rating.

In the skin i found the following code in the includesfooted.xml

xml:

<variable name="RottenTomatoesRatingValue">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes.Meter))">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes.Meter),,%]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Rating(rottentomatoes))">$INFO[ListItem.Rating(rottentomatoes)]</value>
</variable>

So i would have hoped that it would pick up the rating from the DB if he finds none with SHS.
I've tried replacing "rottentomatoes" with "tomatometerallcritics" since that's the value stored in the ratings_type but that didn't work either

When i replace "rottentomatoes" with "imdb" then it works as expected. 

Am i just using the wrong identifier to get the rating out of the ListItem.Rating, or is there something else wrong?

Any help to point me in the right direction would be great!
What is the identifier in the ratings table of the database? Or if you have exported to NFO files, paste the block of tags for ratings here and we can check.

Also the skin has to have been coded to display rottentomato ratings. Most don't. But I guess that is what you are trying to add with that code.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-20, 10:46)Karellen Wrote: What is the identifier in the ratings table of the database? Or if you have exported to NFO files, paste the block of tags for ratings here and we can check.

Also the skin has to have been coded to display rottentomato ratings. Most don't. But I guess that is what you are trying to add with that code.

This is what my rating table looks like in Kodi at the moment:

The skin shows the Rotten Tomato rating via SHS, but if that doesn't return anything i want it to fall back to the value in the DB if possible
Ok, hopefully one of the skinners can help out.

In the meantime you can check the way one of the skins display it. I know AeonNox:Silvo displays it here... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1415

(its all witchcraft to me Wink )
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-20, 10:56)Karellen Wrote: Ok, hopefully one of the skinners can help out.

In the meantime you can check the way one of the skins display it. I know AeonNox:Silvo displays it here... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1415

Thanks for that!
It looks exactly the same as the code i'm using. Yet mine doesn't work.
I'll see if i can reach out and see if they can help me out with this.
(2020-06-20, 10:56)Karellen Wrote: Ok, hopefully one of the skinners can help out.

Would it be ok to @ this person here with a question, or would that be considered rude?
Sure, it is ok to ping people.

Though just keep in mind if you ping one particular skinner, other skinners may not respond and you can limit your responses. If you are thinking of pinging mikeSilvo, he has not been around for a few months.
My Signature
FYI - ListItem.Rating(rating) only works inside DialogVideoInfo.xml

From the skinning manual:
Quote:ListItem.Rating[(name)]
Shows the scraped rating of the currently selected item in a container. Optionally you can specify the name of the scraper to retrieve a specific rating, for use in dialogvideoinfo.xml
https://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual#ListItem_2
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-06-21, 11:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: FYI - ListItem.Rating(rating) only works inside DialogVideoInfo.xml

Shows the scraped rating of the currently selected item in a container. Optionally you can specify the name of the scraper to retrieve a specific rating, for use in dialogvideoinfo.xml
Thanks for your reply!
I found something similar yesterday but most of the treads i found info about this were from 2018 and people were saying that this would be fixed in Kodi Leia.
Guess not Smile
(2020-06-21, 21:11)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 11:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: FYI - ListItem.Rating(rating) only works inside DialogVideoInfo.xml

Thanks for your reply!
I found something similar yesterday but most of the treads i found info about this were from 2018 and people were saying that this would be fixed in Kodi Leia.
Guess not Smile
Ronie had a PR to allow ratings outside the info dialog but iirc it turned out to be too resource intensive to do so the plan got scrapped.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-06-22, 02:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 21:11)CK77 Wrote:

Thanks for your reply!
Guess not Smile
Ronie had a PR to allow ratings outside the info dialog but iirc it turned out to be too resource intensive to do so the plan got scrapped.

It's just strange they allow it for IMDB, but not for the other ones. My code above works if it replace the rottemtomatoes with imdb
Does this mean that it's not possible to show RT ratings from your DB at all except for on the info dialog, or is there a way around it?
SHS relies on OMDB and doesn't always give a RT rating even though the RT site has ratings for the movie
You could also have a look at script embuary helper...

https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...ls-by-dbid
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-06-22, 02:53)CK77 Wrote: It's just strange they allow it for IMDB, but not for the other ones. My code above works if it replace the rottemtomatoes with imdb
Does this mean that it's not possible to show RT ratings from your DB at all except for on the info dialog, or is there a way around it?
SHS relies on OMDB and doesn't always give a RT rating even though the RT site has ratings for the movie

1 rating can be set as default (not sure how scraper does it but can be done with nfo file). That rating (and votes) is what is in the movieview table and as c05 link in the movie table.

scott s.
(2020-06-22, 11:30)manfeed Wrote: You could also have a look at script embuary helper...

https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...ls-by-dbid

Thanks for that.
At least it seems to be possible this way.
Now i just need to get better at skinning and figure out how to incorporate it into the one i'm using.
(2020-06-22, 21:59)scott967 Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 02:53)CK77 Wrote: It's just strange they allow it for IMDB, but not for the other ones. My code above works if it replace the rottemtomatoes with imdb

1 rating can be set as default (not sure how scraper does it but can be done with nfo file). That rating (and votes) is what is in the movieview table.

scott s.

Thanks for the explanation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotten Tomatoes without Skin Helper Service0