v18 Start Recording Playback direct from EPG Screen
Not sure how I've missed this before, but I've noticed (certainly for Estuary Skin), that when you scroll back into the past on the EPG screen, a play icon appears for items you have recorded. I thought the icon might represent that the programme was available to play direct from the EPG, but when I press OK/Enter I'm taken the recordings screen and have to select it again there. 
Is this the intended purpose of this play icon or should the recording actually start playing from the EPG when selected?
Playback of the recording should start directly and it's working this way here.
Not sure if this is a bug in pvr.nextpvr and so perhaps it is addon related but I find the Play icon does disappears on past recording in Leia and Matrix and there is no option to play recording either once it has finished recording   Here is what I am talking about on Matrix https://imgur.com/a/o8frn92

Martin
Ahhh, Okay. I thought that's what it probably meant to do.
Not working for me using the shield and the E2/Vu+ Addon. Just this moment tried a recording I made tonight and channel selected colour highlights, but then does nothing.
Will try on Windows and see if that's any different.
tvheadend PVR Addon here, direct playback from EPG is working just fine and no disappearing play icons.
Looking at the implementation in Kodi it seems, that Kodi cannot find the recording matching a given EPG tag.

This can happen, if the PVR Addon does not fill PVR_RECORDING.channelUid properly. The channel uid given for the recording must match the channel uid of the EPG tag.
Thanks for the explanation.  The issue in pvr.nextpvr is the persistent EPG key for a database means the key channel uid + recording end time won't work with concluded recordings because of the end margin.

Martin
(2020-06-26, 01:52)emveepee Wrote: Thanks for the explanation.  The issue in pvr.nextpvr is the persistent EPG key for a database means the key channel uid + recording end time won't work with concluded recordings because of the end margin.

Martin

I was speaking about the channel uid, not the EPG tag uid.
(2020-06-26, 19:39)ksooo Wrote: I was speaking about the channel uid, not the EPG tag uid.

I understand but pvr.nextpvr was filling in the channel uid. Our issue was the EPG event ID which we defined to be EPG event end time (for the required persistent metaphor) wasn't matching the recording end time.  Again all fixed in a PR today,  thanks to your feedback which was the clue. 

I only mentioned is since any PVR using a recording start or stop time as the EPG event ID could see this issue.  Otherwise the logic is on recording times which might not match guide times because of the start/end margins

Martin
@Dumyat let me check on the E2 addon for you. I remember testing this before so not sure why it's not working now.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
This works for me on the default skin.
(2020-07-01, 13:04)phunkyfish Wrote: This works for me on the default skin.
Matrix or Leia or Both?
I tried on the default skin. Maybe an issue with the Android build then?
I'm using the Shield at the moment with 18.7.2 compiled on the 9th June 2020.
It's nice feature, but not something I would use very often anyway. I'm not the quickest at catching up on my recorded programmes!  Wink  

I did notice some of my recordings were not showing the media flags on the OSD (Resolution, Audio Channels, Aspect Ratio). Quite odd actually, cos some recordings do show them, whilst others don't even though it same channel. Not really a big issue anyway.....Just makes the OSD look a bit odd.
(2020-07-01, 13:04)phunkyfish Wrote: This works for me on the default skin.

Did you test on an instant recording that is started after the EPG time?

Martin
I tested on a timer recording about an hour after it finished.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start Recording Playback direct from EPG Screen0